Anyone else get pissed when Michael's disrespected Buffalo?

JerseyBills

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After TD Mike had that 3 solid runs in the 2nd quarter, he praised him heavily, saying he reminded him of Bell on one run..

Then talked him coming from Buffalo, where he said

" I think NE has better players from Buffalo than Buffalo does."

Gills ended up with 13 carries for 20 yards after the 16 yarder and 9 yard run. Totaling 15 for 45 yards. Impressive 3 goal line Tds, but it was clear he can't sustain production late in the game , wasn't a number 1 back here and don't see that changing...

Gilmore looked very average at best. Hogan had 25 total yards ,1 reception and 3 carries.

Just a very ignorant comment and very disrespectful.

Funny thing is,our O is perfectly built to beat that SOFT run D ,we can do them like KC did them, we're very similar personnel wise. Nickovich and possibly Hightower gone. Long and Sheard gone. All that $ to Gilmore has left NE with terrible depth in that front 7 and a leadership void. We can really end up whooping that D.

Edit- Al Michael's, not Jim Nantz,apologies

Seriously? Why does anyone care? What respect does Buffalo deserve? We are 17 years and counting, consistently let talented players leave, consistently stay in a state of mediocrity, and consistently watch players go to other teams and become key contributors or really good players.

I don't get this whole demand of respect by the fan base. WINNING commands respect, not pity parties. I thought the comment was hilarious and a good BURN on Buffalo. All I can do is tip my hat to them and say Touche.

PS: Announcers bag on teams all the time in all areas of sports broadcast. Some sports broadcasters make careers out of slamming teams or players...teams and players better than us. So everyone needs to take a chill pill and just enjoy the good joke they threw down.

Bills won't get respect until they earn it.That being said, typical Patriot buttkissing by national sports media.

I agree, They have to earn the respect on the field with the teams they play against. Al Michael's is an announcers, and should not be making disrespectful comments like that. The Patriots have had other former Bills players in the past and none of them that I recall turned out that great for them so I don't get the value of him making a dumb comment like that especially in the first game of the season in the first half.

Our team has to ignore all the b.s. and prove it on the field. Gillislee had a total of 5 yards on his touchdowns, and I'm surprised they didn't put him in for the last one they got. Maybe the coach was tired of him getting knocked for losses on half the other plays.

Hogan is a nice player who works really hard. Part of his appeal is the man who throws the ball to him.

Both were lost because of mistakes made by our GM, who could have kept them by putting different tags on them. But they should also be grateful to Whaley for finding them on scrap heaps and turning them into pro football players.

It'll be interesting to see how the fans respond to Gilmore. If he keeps playing like that, they will want to run him out of town. The Patriot fans are arrogant snobs, and don't tolerate that sort of play.

In the mean time, we have the Jets Sunday and we best win this one....maybe we'll be in first place for the first time in a while.

There is no comparison between Tolbert and Banyard to Gillislee. Those two stink, look at there career stats. And Hogan would be a #1 receiver with the Bills now, Holmes is junk.

Well, let's just see. Is there something that offends you so much in doing that?

Let me ask you an honest question. When Whaley signed Gilisslee a couple years ago, was your reaction more:

Thank God we got this guy! He's tremendous!

Or was it more:

Who??

Then being honest some more, do you think the success he had in Buffalo was more due to him all of a sudden figuring things out, or did it have something to do with the O line?

And at the time I said repeatedly I wish they had kept Hogan. But if you're going to talk about him being our #1 WR now, don't compare him to Holmes. Holmes is #3 or #4. Compare him to Matthews. Matthews overall has had a better career.

The Bills didn't just give McCoy $2 million "for no reason." They added incentives to his contract. Which means if he produces enough to exceed those incentives, then he'll receive extra pay. But he has to earn it.

Look beyond your emotion and think for once.

Except, that 2 mil in incentives would have been better spent dividing that production between McCoy and MG rather than asking McCoy to carry more burden to earn considering McCoy isn't the picture of durable in the NFL and consistently deals with injuries hampering him a few games or causing him to miss a game or two.

MG should have been kept, he could have been a guy who take over for McCoy in a year or two if McCoy slows down or we trade/cut for cap reasons. Not retaining MG was one of the moves that had me scratching my head given how good he has been here and how cheap he was, especially on a team dependent on running the football, its the strength of our team the last 2 seasons.

There is no comparison between Tolbert and Banyard to Gillislee. Those two stink, look at there career stats. And Hogan would be a #1 receiver with the Bills now, Holmes is junk.

You're kidding right?

Banyard can give the Bills what Gillislee did and Hogan wouldn't be a #1 in Buffalo. Jones and Matthews are better than Hogan and Tate is probably better as he can actually run routes and get separation.

Some of you need to let it go. The scrub has been gone since last year and isn't coming back, and he probably would have been cut or traded this offseason anyway.

Before he came to Buffalo, Gillislee had rushed for a whopping 21 yards in his first three years in the NFL. He was cut by the Dolphins then released from the Cardinals practice squad after a few weeks. When the Bills signed him to their practice squad in 2015 he was considered nothing more than a body.

Gillislee is still the same dime-a-dozen running back he was before. He's just had more opportunities since then. Banyard is now getting a real opportunity for the first time in his career. Why can't he perform the same?

Well, let's just see. Is there something that offends you so much in doing that?

Let me ask you an honest question. When Whaley signed Gilisslee a couple years ago, was your reaction more:

Thank God we got this guy! He's tremendous!

Or was it more:

Who??

Then being honest some more, do you think the success he had in Buffalo was more due to him all of a sudden figuring things out, or did it have something to do with the O line?

And at the time I said repeatedly I wish they had kept Hogan. But if you're going to talk about him being our #1 WR now, don't compare him to Holmes. Holmes is #3 or #4. Compare him to Matthews. Matthews overall has had a better career.

Tolbert averaged 3.3 yards a carry and zero TD's playing with Carolina. awe inspiring. If Shady goes down, and count on it, there is ZERO behind him besides garbage castaways that good teams did not want. We had Williams, but he was to talented to keep. This team is a trash heap of garbage. Hopefully a draft a Franchise QB in the draft.

Edited by bisonbrigade

Except, that 2 mil in incentives would have been better spent dividing that production between McCoy and MG rather than asking McCoy to carry more burden to earn considering McCoy isn't the picture of durable in the NFL and consistently deals with injuries hampering him a few games or causing him to miss a game or two.

MG should have been kept, he could have been a guy who take over for McCoy in a year or two if McCoy slows down or we trade/cut for cap reasons. Not retaining MG was one of the moves that had me scratching my head given how good he has been here and how cheap he was, especially on a team dependent on running the football, its the strength of our team the last 2 seasons.

Why? What makes Gillislee so special in your eyes?

Tolbert averaged 3.3 yards a carry and zero TD's playing with Carolina. awe inspiring. If Shady goes down, and count on it, there is ZERO behind him besides garbage castaways that good teams did not want. We had Williams, but he was to talented to keep.

Gillislee was junk last night unless inside the 3 yard line. He is a terrible route runner so he is useless in the passing game. He runs like he has cement in his shoes in space. He sucks at blocking so he can't pick up a blitz. He is terrible at play action because he doesn't sell it.

He is perfect if you get the ball on the 2 yard line after a pass interference call like you saw last night but other than that he won't be in the game. Tolbert is every bit as good as Gillislee in that situation plus he is a leader in the locker room, plus he is playing for the Vet minimum.

Edited by Bills Pimpin'

Gillislee was junk last night unless inside the 3 yard line. He is a terrible route runner so he is useless in the passing game. He runs like he has cement in his shoes in space. He sucks at blocking so he can't pick up a blitz. He is terrible at play action because he doesn't sell it.

He is perfect if you get the ball on the 2 yard line after a pass interference call like you saw last night but other than that he won't be in the game. Tolbert is every bit as good as Gillislee in that situation plus he is a leader in the locker room, plus he is playing for the Vet minimum.

haha if that helps you sleep at night...

A lot of that had to do with McDermott needing his boy Tolbert here I think. I guess cronyism over production is more important to McDermott.

I just hope Tolbert has something left but he hasn't done anything in over a year.

Tolberts stunning 3.3 yards per carry will definitely make up for the loss of Gillislee. The only reason Tolberts here is that he is a McDermott guy.

Edited by bisonbrigade

Tolbert averaged 3.3 yards a carry and zero TD's playing with Carolina. awe inspiring. If Shady goes down, and count on it, there is ZERO behind him besides garbage castaways that good teams did not want. We had Williams, but he was to talented to keep. This team is a trash heap of garbage. Hopefully a draft a Franchise QB in the draft.

Typical reaction. I asked you a specific question which you avoid answering. Somehow I'm not surprised.

By the way, Gillisleee average 3 yards a carry last night. And by the way Williams cleared waivers and got signed to a practice squad, so I guess there weren't many good teams that saw him as a necessity.

I do not agree with that assessment. He has not shown the ability to be a feature back. He is not a replacement from Mccoy. He is a severe drop off from Mccoy. This year or next they will draft a guy to replace Mccoy. Banyard, Tolbert, and will more than make up for gillislee.

The play of one fifth of the running back by committee of the Patriots certainly doesn't keep me up at night. Especially when he is a mediocre player.

well, the best coach in the league and defending champions disagree.

hah again, sleep well.

I do not agree with that assessment. He has not shown the ability to be a feature back. He is not a replacement from Mccoy. He is a severe drop off from Mccoy. This year or next they will draft a guy to replace Mccoy. Banyard, Tolbert, and will more than make up for gillislee.

So 5.7 YPC and lots of TDs makes him a bad replacement? Really? Also good catching the ball. No one is as good as McCoy outside of a couple guys in the NFL. But MG has more than shown he can be a feature RB. He's a lot like Fred Jackson. A LOT.

Edited by Alphadawg7