McDermott says McCoy may play "every snap" this season

BADOLBILZ

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see

What will we see? If they intend on running a lot? Because deciding if these guys are credible is a discussion you have now, not later. I don't think they will be trainwreck bad or anything but given the lean on the run game most expect it'd be nice to have someone proven reliable instead of someone hoped reliable

What will we see? If they intend on running a lot? Because deciding if these guys are credible is a discussion you have now, not later. I don't think they will be trainwreck bad or anything but given the lean on the run game most expect it'd be nice to have someone proven reliable instead of someone hoped reliable

If the run blocking will be similar to what it has been over the last couple years and shady is having another good year, my guess is that the backups will be effective as well.

Watch the presser -- he wasn't serious when he said it. It was right after a question about if any of the vets on the team had asked him if this was a tank season. He got as incredulous as I have seen him--as incredulous as Opie Taylor can get...

He was making a point that the Bills will do anything to win this year...and that if Shady told him he was good to go he would be playing.

Was he joking? Was he detailing his game plan? I need context.

Here's the exact quote -

Whatever it takes to win the game. Thats how we play the game. We play to win. Whatever it takes to win the game thats what were going to do, McDermott said. If it means hes got to play every snap, thats what well do. If hes feeling good, like with every player, well look him in the eye and say, How do you feel? You feel good? Lets go. No different with LeSean.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/06/bills-jets-sean-mcdermott-lesean-mccoy-could-play-every-snap/

Here is the press conference video if you like to see it in full context (the question on McCoy starts right around the 10:00 mark) -

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Dennison_Encouraged_Everyone_Was_Out_There/56b59470-9a24-4f68-aa5b-b8e2c399a999

Edited by BillsFan4

Watch the presser -- he wasn't serious when he said it. It was right after a question about if any of the vets on the team had asked him if this was a tank season. He got as incredulous as I have seen him--as incredulous as Opie Taylor can get...

He was making a point that the Bills will do anything to win this year...and that if Shady told him he was good to go he would be playing.

You'd have to be an idiot to not know that it was on the ticker because ESPN is all about pandering to fantasy football now.

But the statement does leave McDermott open to criticism if he tries to feed him the ball 30 times per game and he re-injures his hammy.

Conventional wisdom would be to use an older player less to keep him fresh, healthy and productive.

You'd have to be an idiot to not know that it was on the ticker because ESPN is all about pandering to fantasy football now.

But the statement does leave McDermott open to criticism if he tries to feed him the ball 30 times per game and he re-injures his hammy.

Conventional wisdom would be to use an older player less to keep him fresh, healthy and productive.

Meh, Badol. Who cares about this sort of thing? This is probably a joke, and the OP up top is a tad hot take-ish. You're better than this!

Meh, Badol. Who cares about this sort of thing? This is probably a joke, and the OP up top is a tad hot take-ish. You're better than this!

It's a topic of discussion........the coach said it.........it's running on ESPN.........everyone should KNOW he won't play every down........he hasn't been able to stay healthy with 100 less carries per season than he had in Philly.

It does seem to reflect a perhaps.......UNREALISTIC belief by the new coach that he doesn't need youth or talent.........and perhaps he's right........but hell, I didn't know that the Jauron/Levy comparison ran DEEPER.........like George Allen deep. :flirt:

You just had to bring that #$%holes name up! I totally forgot about that pee wee level OC. I can draw better plays up in the sand than that $%&^face.

:wallbash:

I'll never forget watching a game on TV and listening to the freaking TV announcers actually calling the next play & commenting about how easy to predict it was...

Speaking of which - On NFL's twitter account they post every snap certain rookie players take, and back in week 1 or 2 of preseason I watched one on Leonard Fournette (Jacksonville rookie RB). Almost every single run they called for him was right up the middle. Brought back memories... lol.

It's a topic of discussion........the coach said it.........it's running on ESPN.........everyone should KNOW he won't play every down........he hasn't been able to stay healthy with 100 less carries per season than he had in Philly.

It does seem to reflect a perhaps.......UNREALISTIC belief by the new coach that he doesn't need youth or talent.........and perhaps he's right........but hell, I didn't know that the Jauron/Levy comparison ran DEEPER.........like George Allen deep. :flirt:

But he's not going to run him every play. It's kind of a non-issue. Yeah, maybe it was said (quite possibly in jest), but it's not important because it's not remotely realistic.

Agree...even though it was not a smart thing to say and it will burn him when Shady gets a nick....I was actually happy to see him get a little snarky...

Edited by JoeF

bwahahahahahahha. thats what he thinks.

#showcase

You just had to bring that #$%holes name up! I totally forgot about that pee wee level OC. I can draw better plays up in the sand than that $%&^face.

:wallbash:

sooooooooo.... should i put you down as a non hackett fan

But he's not going to run him every play. It's kind of a non-issue. Yeah, maybe it was said (quite possibly in jest), but it's not important because it's not remotely realistic.

dave......if you don't want to talk about it......it's ok....we can just sit here. :flirt:

Agree...even though it was not a smart thing to say and it will burn him when Shady gets a nick....I was actually happy to see him get a little snarky...

We all want a coach who OWNS it.

Nothing angers fans like "it's hard to win in the NFL" or blaming your players for being too dumb to pick up your defensive system.

Say what you want about McD but with all of the controversial decisions he's made.......from keeping Tyrod to getting rid of a bunch of first and second round picks....... it's going to be glory or flames for him.