Rex has hot takes on his 2 exes, the Bills and Jets

YoloinOhio

Rex Ryan on whether he'll watch his two exes, Jets and Bills: 'Hell, no'

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/70973/rex-ryan-on-whether-hell-watch-his-two-exes-jets-and-bills-hell-no

Rebuilding is one thing, but the expectations ... I don't understand why the expectations would be set any different than when I was there. The difference is, you actually have draft picks. I never had those. To me, it's like, go ahead. All this talk about how talented they were when I was there, I want to see it on the field. We'll see."

Ryan said Watkins is "a top-10 receiver" when healthy. The Ragland trade is "really the one that blows me away. Reggie Ragland was one of our best players, if not the best player, in training camp last year. That [knee] injury was must have been significant for his play to drop off." He said he understood the Darby trade because the cornerback lacks ball skills: "That's one thing Ronald Darby doesn't have."

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why the expectations would be set any different than when I was there.

Well, hell, let's start with the obvious "Because we don't have your twin brother on the sidelines in any capacity" and go from there...

*facepalm*

"I don't understand why the expectations would be set any different than when I was there."

Well, gee. Maybe because when you were hired, the Bills had just had a 9-7 season with a top-4 D (points and yards), the core players on that top-4 D were all there, the coaching staff was given a blank check to bring in whatever assistants they wanted, and the offense was allowed to binge on a cap-killing spending spree with the idea, "improve the offense to match the defense and PLAYOFFS!"

Three years later, the D was down in the bottom half, the O was improved but clearly not talented enough to carry the D, the cap situation sucked, and rebuilding was the only option.

he did until he benched him vs Seattle after he got roasted repeatedly and then tried to say it was because he was "sick"

And now Darby "lacks ball skills."

Gee...he didn't in college. And he looked like the kind of CB Ryan would want to mould in to a shutdown corner, Darrelle Revis style. So clearly, Rex is completely blameless in that one.

Rex is an idiot, does anyone have a link to that article/letter he wrote trashing us?

Rex Ryan on his NFL coaching future: "Its got to be a real situation, I'm tired of getting f--ked"

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/amp/sports/football/rex-ryan-nfl-future-tired-f-ked-article-1.2960277

Edited by YoloinOhio

I thought the way Rex developed Darby was one of the few things he did right.

To not understand why we traded Ragland means he either isn't paying attention to the scheme change, or he doesn't understand the scheme change, or he doesn't understand Ragland's strengths, and weaknesses. Or he's trolling. Who knows? A pretty bad look, in any event, for an ESPN analyst.

Ragland one of the best players in camp last year? Wasn't Ragland in training camp last year for about 1 day before he got injured?

i think it was mid Aug. But in any event I think he is just trying to make himself look better with that comment. You know, because he was such an amazing player and he lost him to injury which is the reason his defense was putrid.