Bills failed to claim TE Oshaughnessy

MAJBobby

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/04/six-teams-put-in-waiver-claims-on-james-oshaughnessy/amp/

Hmmm interesting that they had a couple claims on TEs. Was awarded one. Didnt get this one.

So guess Thomas and O'Leary may not be that secure going forward.

Clay really cant do anything with him due to contract.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They signed one so they clearly were looking for one. I doubt they would have signed two. With a lack of WR and Dennison's won't to use two TEs a lot, I always thought they were going to keep four and not three on the roster. Especially with Thomas being so raw. Thomas may be the one to go, although I hope they keep and develop him. But I doubt O'Leary is in danger. Anything is possible with this new regime of course. I just think we keep four TE most of the time.

They signed one so they clearly were looking for one. I doubt they would have signed two. With a lack of WR and Dennison's won't to use two TEs a lot, I always thought they were going to keep four and not three on the roster. Especially with Thomas being so raw. Thomas may be the one to go, although I hope they keep and develop him. But I doubt O'Leary is in danger. Anything is possible with this new regime of course. I just think we keep four TE most of the time.

They had at least Two Waiver claims in.

Was awarded one was not awarded one. So if a team with higher priority didnt out a claim they would have been awarded two.

That is ominous for how they feel about Thomas and or O'Leary

Was awarded one was not awarded one. So if a team with higher priority didnt out a claim they would have been awarded two.

I don't think you have to take the waiver claim. Otherwise teams would never be able to put in two to try to get one position filled. The league advises the teams that they won the waiver claim but I'm pretty sure the team can say we just filled the position and then the league goes on to the next team. I'm not positive of it but that's how I understand it.

I don't think you have to take the waiver claim. Otherwise teams would never be able to put in two to try to get one position filled. The league advises the teams that they won the waiver claim but I'm pretty sure the team can say we just filled the position and then the league goes on to the next team. I'm not positive of it but that's how I understand it.

Nope they get him

multiple teams claim the same player, the club with the highest waiver priority gets him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nfl/2014/2/3/5351372/2014-nfl-waiver-wire-how-it-works-guide

So they were willing to put two outside TEs on their roster

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/04/six-teams-put-in-waiver-claims-on-james-oshaughnessy/amp/

Hmmm interesting that they had a couple claims on TEs. Was awarded one. Didnt get this one.

So guess Thomas and O'Leary may not be that secure going forward.

Clay really cant do anything with him due to contract.

Darn! Want more Irish players on this team :)

Nope they get him

multiple teams claim the same player, the club with the highest waiver priority gets him. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nfl/2014/2/3/5351372/2014-nfl-waiver-wire-how-it-works-guide

So they were willing to put two outside TEs on their roster

Sorry but that link and article said nothing about what we were talking about.

Sorry but that link and article said nothing about what we were talking about.

It says you have to take the player if you put a claim in. Thats how it works.

So they had at least two TE claims in. Meaning they were willing to out two TE on this roster

Or they...you know, simply wanted to add a fourth tight end.

Not everything is so dramatic and/or "ominous".

I've read the article twice. It doesn't say that at all. I even went and looked on about another 10 links and no where does it state the team is required/forced to sign him. It doesn't state they are NOT required, but doesn't state they are required either. All of the links are stated in language that assumes the team wants the player, so the team "gets him"

It says you have to take the player if you put a claim in. Thats how it works.

So they had at least two TE claims in. Meaning they were willing to out two TE on this roster

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch