Josh Rosen, not worth a 2018 1st rounder.

gr8billsfan

Rosen had terrible OL play in front of him last season and it doesn't look like its changed for this season.

Take a look at his receivers as well, those guys aren't getting any separation and their running game hasn't done much. The dude can't do it all on his own.

The reason he's viewed as a high profile prospect is because he displays several traits teams look for in a franchise QB. He hangs tough in the pocket, he has pretty sound mechanics already, he throws a nice ball and generally makes good decisions. The team around him isn't very good but he's still going to get picked high based on his abilities. He may not rack up crazy stats and a ton of wins with the team around him but you can see that there's plenty there to work with.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Rosen had terrible OL play in front of him last season and it doesn't look like its changed for this season.

Take a look at his receivers as well, those guys aren't getting any separation and their running game hasn't done much. The dude can't do it all on his own.

The reason he's viewed as a high profile prospect is because he displays several traits teams look for in a franchise QB. He hangs tough in the pocket, he has pretty sound mechanics already, he throws a nice ball and generally makes good decisions. The team around him isn't very good but he's still going to get picked high based on his abilities. He may not rack up crazy stats and a ton of wins with the team around him but you can see that there's plenty there to work with.

If we could favorite posts, you'd get a thumbs up. You know what you're talking about

Yeah, let's judge a kid on how well he comes back from 4 touchdown deficits.

Exactly. Don't care if they win, hell I could care less if they ever win another game. I want to see what the kid does when the roof falls in on him like it has tonight. This gets any worse they'll probably pull him but until thn I wan to see what kind of moxie he has.

Exactly. Don't care if they win, hell I could care less if they ever win another game. I want to see what the kid does when the roof falls in on him like it has tonight. This gets any worse they'll probably pull him but until thn I wan to see what kind of moxie he has.

Quick question, how many times have you seen Rosen play?

What does this matter if we don't have a #1and #2 receiver nor an OL?

Hey Rosen, learn to sense pressure and cover the ball you bum.

Darnold looked bad

We have had OL's we have had top WR's bit no QB. How did that work out?

We have neither now. So, we get a top QB, have no targets nor protection. You think he's gonna make us a playoff team?

Very well informed analysis, but I do ask a simple question. How many elite NFL QB's didn't play on winners in college? I know that being a championship college QB doesn't guarantee NFL success. I've made this very arguement against guys like Watson, but being a QB on a consistent loser in college is troublesome imo.

Quick question, how many times have you seen Rosen play?

It's obvious from the question you've watched a lot and made up your mind he's the guy. I don't watch much except the SEC but this year is different. And before you come back with some derisive jab, I don't care what he did last year. It doesn't matter. If the kid's got it I'll get on board. Not seeing it yet tonight.

Edited by billsfan60

Thanks, Kirby. I try to see the big picture. As the saying goes, a QB gets too much credit for a win and too much criticism for a loss.

Other guy, I'm not sure where you're going with your comment on not having an OL or a set of receivers. As a GM, or just an organization in general, if you find a guy that checks the boxes you want in your QB, you don't waffle on it and say, "Yeah, but we don't have the receivers for him. And ya know, our OL, while experienced and having two Pro Bowlers, a vastly improved right guard and a solid left tackle, right now just doesn't seem like the best time to draft what we think is our franchise guy." That's backwards thinking. It all starts with the QB. You find that guy and build around him. How many high profile prospects at QB walk into a ready-made situation? Like, none. They all come in during rebuilds and have to take their lumps early in their career as the team takes shape.

This upcoming QB class already has a ridiculous amount of hype and pressure on them. They're under a microscope and any rough games they have are going to be extrapolated into a massive ordeal when in reality this is Week One of the season and every single player and coach has to find their groove as the season goes on. It's usually not found within the first game.

It's not always about the results on the field. Especially with Rosen and Allen right now given that they don't have a lot of talent to work with. But again, their traits and abilities are what stand out to teams. And teams know they can take those things and coach them up into a solid player.

It's obvious from the question you've watched a lot and made up your mind he's the guy. I don't watch much except the SEC but this year is different. And before you come back with some derisive jab, I don't care what he did last year. It doesn't matter. If the kid's got it I'll get on board. Not seeing it yet tonight.

The point was that is hard to form a strong opinion with limited knowledge. I haven't seen him a ton.ive maybe watched 10 of his games at this point. I follow recruiting pretty closely too so saw a little of him in high school. Everything that's he has done matters. Everything that he will do matters. I don't think that he's the perfect prospect by any stretch. I just think that he has a lot of the qualities that the Bills will look for. His offense is TRASH. I don't hold numbers against him. He has a pro skill set. I may be wrong on him but I think that he will be the Bills target. I also think that he'll be a good player at the next level.

Rosen looks like he's got the physical tools of a top pick. We'll certainly find out a lot about his mental makeup playing with a team this bad. Don't need to be a college superstar and lead your team to national titles to get picked high. See Trubisky and Goff. Wentz basically played one year at the FCS level.

Edited by BuffaloRebound

Well I disagree. OU lost how many to the draft this offseason? Two stud RB's and a Heisman candidate at WR for starters, but Mayfield had no issues yesterday.

There is no way around this, Rosen flat looks like crap right now, as did a couple others yesterday. All three better shake it off and wake up or they won't have to worry about if they want to stay in school vs coming out for the draft.

Rosen looks like he's got the physical tools of a top pick. We'll certainly find out a lot about his mental makeup playing with a team this bad. Don't need to be a college superstar and lead your team to national titles to get picked high. See Trubisky and Goff. Wentz basically played one year at the FCS level.

Ah yes the physical tools argument. Ryan leaf had those in spades, many others as well. How does he play? So far its like crap. At some point we have to strip away excuses.

Trubisky also led his undermanned team to the Sun Bowl with an 8-4 record. Rosen has been losing a lot of games recently.

The point was that is hard to form a strong opinion with limited knowledge. I haven't seen him a ton.ive maybe watched 10 of his games at this point. I follow recruiting pretty closely too so saw a little of him in high school. Everything that's he has done matters. Everything that he will do matters. I don't think that he's the perfect prospect by any stretch. I just think that he has a lot of the qualities that the Bills will look for. His offense is TRASH. I don't hold numbers against him. He has a pro skill set. I may be wrong on him but I think that he will be the Bills target. I also think that he'll be a good player at the next level.

And you may be right on the money. I'm having a hard time tonight because a team the Tide will crush is destroying any decent observations you can make about Rosen. I will say the kid gets high marks for guts considering the clown show O line he's behind.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.