Josh Rosen, not worth a 2018 1st rounder.

gr8billsfan

Rosen had terrible OL play in front of him last season and it doesn't look like its changed for this season.

Take a look at his receivers as well, those guys aren't getting any separation and their running game hasn't done much. The dude can't do it all on his own.

The reason he's viewed as a high profile prospect is because he displays several traits teams look for in a franchise QB. He hangs tough in the pocket, he has pretty sound mechanics already, he throws a nice ball and generally makes good decisions. The team around him isn't very good but he's still going to get picked high based on his abilities. He may not rack up crazy stats and a ton of wins with the team around him but you can see that there's plenty there to work with.

Plus one.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

His skills project well to the NFL level of play. I mean, the consensus among scouts whether on teams or as writers is that he is very much a high level prospect. Anonymous NFL executives have said the same. So, I tend to lean on those opinions from, you know, experienced personnel people and people who closely study the game rather than that of a few message board statements who blame an overall bad team performance solely on the QB. And as exciting as Rudolph (becoming my favorite guy right now) and Mayfield played yesterday, they will have bad games this season. Should that be met with new threads stating that these guys aren't worth a first round pick? Unless they have an entirely bad season then I'd say no.

Still lots of ball to be played. But given their history and the skills they've shown thusfar you can still expect to see Rosen, Allen, Darnold, Rudolph and Mayfield to be included in the discussion for top QB prospects next January.

Josh Rosen, QB of UCLA, has been a top prospect for a QB pick in he 2018 draft by many analysts. He's had some great games last year. Many Bills fans have urged us to go grab him, ONLY if he enters the draft next year. Tonight I'm watching him face Texas A&M and he looks horrible so far. Under thrown passes, miss timed throws and weak throws.

My question is, even after this one game, can we afford to draft a guy who may enter the draft next year if he's a downgrade of Peterman? I know one game doesn't count, but his performance is sub-par so far. Do we go get Darnold? Or another top tier QB?

Hate away...

Gulp!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.