Bills Practice Squad Updates

Deon Lacey waived by Dolphins claimed by Bills. Cover 2 LB I actually like this move. Guy is in his prime, developed very nicely into one of the best in the CFL and continues to get better. Great ST (I know I know another one). I think this guy will get playing time and more of it as the season progresses.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that they brought back M.Lewis the DT. I think he has real promise. I also like them keeping Seau & Mudge for the future.

Only problem I have with the PS is that they didn't keep CB Bradley Sylve he looked better than the 2 dbs that they did keep.

Plus I think Reilly & Shorts should've made the 53 man roster.

1. J. Matthews

2. Z. Jones

3. A. Holmes

4. B. Reilly

5. D. Shorts

6. B. Tate

@joebuscaglia

The #Bills have released DE Ian Seau, S B.T. Sanders, and CB Marcus Sayles from the practice squad

#Bills sign DE Eric Lee, T De'Ondre Wesley and S Orion Stewart to the practice squad.

Not a fan of letting Seau go. He played lights out for us in preseason. Seems this staff is so undecided on the 53 and PS

Not a fan of letting Seau go. He played lights out for us in preseason. Seems this staff is so undecided on the 53 and PS

Buffalo added Eric Lee, recently cut by Houston. Eric Lee is a little bigger, a little faster. He was a natural and productive 4-3 defensive end in college and Houston tried unsuccessfully to turn him into a 3-4 linebacker. On paper this is an upgrade.

Buffalo added Eric Lee, recently cut by Houston. Eric Lee is a little bigger, a little faster. He was a natural and productive 4-3 defensive end in college and Houston tried unsuccessfully to turn him into a 3-4 linebacker. On paper this is an upgrade.

i agree. Seau looked good, Lee looked better. It's still just a shuffle of the bottom of the bottom of the roster. It will probably continue to shuffle throughout the year.

Strong Safety Orion Stewart (Baylor)

TCU head coach Gary Patterson and Stewart probably won't be having dinner anytime soon. The Baylor safety approached Patterson after the teams played in 2014, telling him he didn't appreciate the less-than-kind words he had for former teammate Ahmad Dixon the year before. Patterson stated that Stewart "sort of threatened" him, which the safety denied. Regardless, the Waco native was voted All-Big 12 honorable mention for his play that season (82 tackles, four interceptions, three pass breakups), following a successful redshirt freshman year (39 tackles, 82-yard TD after his only interception, four pass breakups). In 2015, he was suspended for one game for violating team rules and missed three other contests with injuries (64 tackles, one INT, three PBU in 10 games). Stewart was again an honorable mention pick in his senior year, finishing with 76 tackles, five for loss, five pass breakups, and a team-high six interceptions (one returned for a touchdown).

STRENGTHS

Could still grow into his frame with more natural addition of muscle. Possesses long arms and big hands and plus ball skills. Reliable hands will bring interceptions home when he gets his shots. Comes downhill to attack run fit before running lane explodes. Gobbled up tackles as a special teamer his first two seasons at Baylor and might be able to respond quickly in the same capacity as a pro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJOeziySy9w

So says the bad joke beyond help.

Including you?I'd like every player signed to PS be paid a minimum amount for being treated as ping pong balls between games,

Just about there from a fan way before you were born rookie

Strong Safety Orion Stewart (Baylor)

TCU head coach Gary Patterson and Stewart probably won't be having dinner anytime soon. The Baylor safety approached Patterson after the teams played in 2014, telling him he didn't appreciate the less-than-kind words he had for former teammate Ahmad Dixon the year before. Patterson stated that Stewart "sort of threatened" him, which the safety denied. Regardless, the Waco native was voted All-Big 12 honorable mention for his play that season (82 tackles, four interceptions, three pass breakups), following a successful redshirt freshman year (39 tackles, 82-yard TD after his only interception, four pass breakups). In 2015, he was suspended for one game for violating team rules and missed three other contests with injuries (64 tackles, one INT, three PBU in 10 games). Stewart was again an honorable mention pick in his senior year, finishing with 76 tackles, five for loss, five pass breakups, and a team-high six interceptions (one returned for a touchdown).

STRENGTHS

Could still grow into his frame with more natural addition of muscle. Possesses long arms and big hands and plus ball skills. Reliable hands will bring interceptions home when he gets his shots. Comes downhill to attack run fit before running lane explodes. Gobbled up tackles as a special teamer his first two seasons at Baylor and might be able to respond quickly in the same capacity as a pro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJOeziySy9w

Just looked this guy up. He might be a gem later on. I like his ball skills and willingness to tackle. McD and staff might be able to develop him into a decent contributor. Not sure how he performed during the preseason, but reports say he is a little stiff in coverage, and is too light to play SS. If he adds some weight and improves his hip movements we might have a solid ST / reserve SS in the future.