The Bills Have the 3rd Oldest Team in the NFL

26CornerBlitz

Any player makingnice cap hit that will not be here in a year or two.

So yes Taylor is one.

McCoy

Williams

Alexander

Not sure why you say this. Cap hit is only one factor in trading or signing any player. Which trade or non signing has been based solely on cap hit? If the players talents are worth the cap hit in their eyes they will keep them/sign him/extend them. Not sure where you are getting this false narrative.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any player makingnice cap hit that will not be here in a year or two.

So yes Taylor is one.

McCoy

Williams

Alexander

You still haven't answered,

how many DB's and WR's from last year are still on this team?

I would hardly call this a half-ass attempt to reshape this team.

What you are advocating for is essentially for them to tank the season and there is a distinct difference between reshaping a team and tanking.

Not sure why you say this. Cap hit is only one factor in trading or signing any player. Which trade or non signing has been based solely on cap hit? If the players talents are worth the cap hit in their eyes they will keep them/sign him/extend them. Not sure where you are getting this false narrative.

Its called clearing your cap of players that are not in future.

They did it the young players. Just not the old ones because they want to maintain this illusion of competing

You still haven't answered,

how many DB's and WR's from last year are still on this team?

I would hardly call this a half-ass attempt to reshape this team.

What you are advocating for is essentially for them to tank the season and there is a distinct difference between reshaping a team and tanking.

No what i am advocating it use the transition year for what it is. And do that tranform the team.

Not talk out of both sides of your mouth under some illusion of competing to get to 6 wins.

This regime is accumulating picks so that this roster is going to be restocked. The new HC/GM just took over so there is not going to be an immediate transformation. However, in the near future (next few years) this will be basically a new roster. Keeping some of the older and wiser players such as Kyle Williams and Wood to show the younger players the right way to do things is the smart approach to take.

What is demonstrably evident is that the hodgepodge and patchwork approach that Whaley and his predecessors took is a formula for maintaining mediocrity. Success will be dependent on how well this regime drafts and by acquiring a bona fide franchise qb.

You mean the same Williams and Wood who have long been part of the very mediocrity they are trying to escape?

Just like Donahoe, who rebuilt the roster as he saw fit, they better get it right because there will be no excuses for them with no one standing in the way regarding personnel acquisitions.

Not necessarily.

They traded/didn't resign some of the young talent. Why? No idea.

How many times does it have to be explained to you before you understand?

You mean the same Williams and Wood who have long been part of the very mediocrity they are trying to escape?

Just like Donahoe, who rebuilt the roster as he saw fit, they better get it right because there will be no excuses for them with no one standing in the way regarding personnel acquisitions.

See that is the deal, beane has no ego in this regard. Look at the top Front office guys he brought in, what TWO other GM candidates? We will finally get it right, but it takes time.

See that is the deal, beane has no ego in this regard. Look at the top Front office guys he brought in, what TWO other GM candidates? We will finally get it right, but it takes time.

That is not a given. We'll have to wait and see.

Ya I understand takes time but with Vlad and other stuff like Bolden. Is a head scratcher.

That is not a given. We'll have to wait and see.

With ANYTHING in life, I do agree, but I feel much better with these two than any combo since Polian and Marv.

Ya I understand takes time but with Vlad and other stuff like Bolden. Is a head scratcher.

Bolden caught everyone by surprise, but shouldn't have. I don't think the guy really wanted to play football this year period, but the old warrior wouldn't shut up. Bolden finally put him to sleep lol.

Vlad is here for one season, and one reason only. Miller sucks, and really sucks in this system. Vlad can at least move better.

Advocating for getting rid of every veteran player is not a smart way to go. Completely collapsing the team and making it uncompetitive a la the Browns is not something this fan base deserves. As long as their strategy of building through the draft remains in tact, and it is, maintaining a presentable roster is the right approach to take. What players such as Kyle Williams and Wood provide is internal player leadership. You might dismiss that concept in a team sport but I don't.

This about as dramatic of a house cleaning as I could have imagined that they would have done.

How many WR's and DB's that are currently on this team were here last year?

+1. I just don't get this thinking that you have to burn it all down and start like an expansion team. McBeane is doing it right.

Not necessarily.

They traded/didn't resign some of the young talent. Why? No idea.

Because they didn't figure in the long term plan and had value now.

With ANYTHING in life, I do agree, but I feel much better with these two than any combo since Polian and Marv.

Bolden caught everyone by surprise, but shouldn't have. I don't think the guy really wanted to play football this year period, but the old warrior wouldn't shut up. Bolden finally put him to sleep lol.

Vlad is here for one season, and one reason only. Miller sucks, and really sucks in this system. Vlad can at least move better.

But yet Boldin does want to play football. Just not for us

Are you !@#$ing kidding me or just trying to get a rise out of people. The people on this board who I respect have all said he is an average good player, PFF says the same. And, you say he sucks and Vlad can at least move. Wow!!!

But yet Boldin does want to play football. Just not for us

The Wood extension last week blows my mind.

Keeping guys like Taiwan, Colt Anderson ,Tate and trading for the guy from Carolina yesterday. Sounds like we value having veteran depth on our special teams over actual talent.

Then they trade away, waive talented athletes to keep these kinds of role guys. These role guys will be gone by the time we're good.

Talent is way more important when it is young. It can improve and get better, and may still be here when you're good.

I'm thinking these guys are so focused on culture, schemes, roles, doing it our way that they are undervaluing talent.

This regime has a long !@#$ing way to go to prove something.

Edited by horned dogs

Advocating for getting rid of every veteran player is not a smart way to go. Completely collapsing the team and making it uncompetitive a la the Browns is not something this fan base deserves. As long as their strategy of building through the draft remains in tact, and it is, maintaining a presentable roster is the right approach to take. What players such as Kyle Williams and Wood provide is internal player leadership. You might dismiss that concept in a team sport but I don't.

I don't dismiss it at all, but the Wood contract extension is a little puzzling to me. Get a franchise QB and surround him with talented players. All of a sudden, leadership is no longer a problem as every team will have high character players.

An old Roster and no young core to build around.

They are doing thing opposite of the norm, trading away top talent under 25 for future picks and hanging on to older players. Hope we can see a fire sale for contenders looking to fill positions do to injury. I would trade anyone who has value and go all in on rebuild.