Baker Mayfield...

KellyToughII

Baker Mayfield planting the flag at midfield in the Big Horseshoe. Yikes!Tacky!! Karma awaits for Baker Mayfield

He gets drafted by the Bills

:lol:

I did find it funny that he didn't realize you can't plant a flag in that type of turf.

Yea it looked great until he missed the plant lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Bucks deserved to have a flag planted on their field as much as it was douchbaggery. They can only blame themselves. But I think Mayfield maybe felt he was retaliating for OSU singing their Alma mater on OU's field last year after the game because he kept bringing that up. He may not know that they sing the Alma Mater after every game on every field, win or lose. It's a tradition. It wasn't a troll job. Oh well, like I said he appears to be a douche but Bucks deserved to be dunked on :cry:

Sooners outplayed, out coached, out everything. What a nightmare that we could have seen coming anyway with JT still at the helm.

Yea it looked great until he missed the plant lolSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the only funny thing about last night! Lol Edited by YoloinOhio

Baker Mayfield is a complete and total a-hole. He was a walk on at Texas Tech and had a good freshman year but then demanded he be given the starting job over Mahomes without competing and earning it. Coach said no so he just left without telling anyone and enrolled at Oklahoma without even telling Stoops or asking if he could have an opportunity to walk on. Oklahoma is in the same conference and Texas Tech still held his rights so they blocked the transfer and Mayfield wasn't able to play in 2015 as a result. He won the job in 2016 and obviously had a great year, 4th in Heisman voting. Then he got arrested for public intoxication and trying to run from the cops. There's a pretty funny video of 3 cops tackling him. Somehow he wasn't suspended for that incident. He also keeps a "hit list" on his phone for anyone that has ever said anything bad about him that he says he uses for motivation. Biggest knock on him besides being an a-hole is that he's only about 5'11ish. He's probably a 4th round or later guy but might be worth a look. Jim Kelly was a huge a-hole too and that worked out well. You need to have a chip on your shoulder to be great. He might not be the prototypical passer but he might win you some games. Worth a late round look

But Chad Kelly is punk and a terrorist ... ;)

Easily my favorite player in college football right now. I dont think he can challenge Darnold as the #1QB in the class, just doesnt have the physical stature. However, I dont think its unfair to say he should be in the conversation for #2 with Mason Rudolph.

The Manziel comparisons are probably a bit unfair. Totally different animal. Manziel was extremely talented and may have been an amazing pro if he cared the least bit about football. Manziel also ran a lot, Mayfield doesnt do that nearly as well. Mayfield has also started a lot more games, including games against quality competition.

Manziel had Evans to throw it up to, Mayfield doesnt have a player like that. He is a throw first QB and I think he is incredibly underrated because of his height. Not saying it shouldnt be an issue, however Russell Wilson and Drew Brees are examples that it isnt always the rule.

Yeah, he's mobile but not "dual threat". I think you could compare him to Brees. Pocket drifting and accuracy. His personality is actually similar to Brady. He has a !@#$ you attitude on the field. Then in the media he's all well spoken and professional. He's a natural leader and competitor. It's not forced.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Baker Mayfield, welcome to the position of King in my heart.

DJkfiG8UQAAoepv.jpg

Love me some Mayfield! Exactly the fire, confidence and leadership we need on this team. I LMAO at those Butthurt about his flag plant. Look OSU has pulled this **** after games with Penn St then came and showed their asses last year at OU.

Karma is a B word! And Revenge is a dish served best on ESPN In front of millions on Saturday night.

Mayfield for Bills QB!

Yeah, he's mobile but not "dual threat". I think you could compare him to Brees. Pocket drifting and accuracy. His personality is actually similar to Brady. He has a !@#$ you attitude on the field. Then in the media he's all well spoken and professional. He's a natural leader and competitor. It's not forced.

You my good sir are the first on this board to see what it, and he really is. Spot on post!

Baker Mayfield is a complete and total a-hole. He was a walk on at Texas Tech and had a good freshman year but then demanded he be given the starting job over Mahomes without competing and earning it. Coach said no so he just left without telling anyone and enrolled at Oklahoma without even telling Stoops or asking if he could have an opportunity to walk on. Oklahoma is in the same conference and Texas Tech still held his rights so they blocked the transfer and Mayfield wasn't able to play in 2015 as a result. He won the job in 2016 and obviously had a great year, 4th in Heisman voting. Then he got arrested for public intoxication and trying to run from the cops. There's a pretty funny video of 3 cops tackling him. Somehow he wasn't suspended for that incident. He also keeps a "hit list" on his phone for anyone that has ever said anything bad about him that he says he uses for motivation. Biggest knock on him besides being an a-hole is that he's only about 5'11ish. He's probably a 4th round or later guy but might be worth a look. Jim Kelly was a huge a-hole too and that worked out well. You need to have a chip on your shoulder to be great. He might not be the prototypical passer but he might win you some games. Worth a late round look

He won't be anywhere around in the 4th. He isnt 5'11 he is a good solid 6' closer to 6'1". He will be a first round pick, OSU game solidified that.

Love me some Mayfield! Exactly the fire, confidence and leadership we need on this team. I LMAO at those Butthurt about his flag plant. Look OSU has pulled this **** after games with Penn St then came and showed their asses last year at OU.

Karma is a B word! And Revenge is a dish served best on ESPN In front of millions on Saturday night.

Mayfield for Bills QB!

You my good sir are the first on this board to see what it, and he really is. Spot on post!

He won't be anywhere around in the 4th. He isnt 5'11 he is a good solid 6' closer to 6'1". He will be a first round pick, OSU game solidified that.

He absolutely will not be a 1st round pick lol. He is very much Johnny Manziel 2.0 and teams won't make that mistake again. I know people around OU and he's a drunk and a jerk and he's definitely not even 6 feet tall. I wrote that before the Ohio State game and maybe that bumps him up a little and if he plays well rest of year he might be 2nd or 3rd round pick because teams are dumb and desperate. It will 100% not be the Bills though. You think McBeane would stake their careers on a guy with character concerns like this at the most important position? There's no chance.

He absolutely will not be a 1st round pick lol. He is very much Johnny Manziel 2.0 and teams won't make that mistake again. I know people around OU and he's a drunk and a jerk and he's definitely not even 6 feet tall. I wrote that before the Ohio State game and maybe that bumps him up a little and if he plays well rest of year he might be 2nd or 3rd round pick because teams are dumb and desperate. It will 100% not be the Bills though. You think McBeane would stake their careers on a guy with character concerns like this at the most important position? There's no chance.

Looks like Walter agrees with you , height will find out at combine

Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
Height: 6-2. Weight: 214
Projected 40 Time: 4.71
Projected Round (2018): 3-5

Please explain the Manziel comparison outside of playing in a spread offense? Manziel was a dual threat QB. Mayfield is athletic but is so far from being a dual threat, he averages 22 rushing yards a game. His mobility is inside the pocket, does he scramble outside of the tackle box yes, but thats more akin to someone like Tyrod Taylor. Manziel was a sand lot football player.

The height thing remains to be seen, but standing next to a 6'2 reporter after last weeks game he wasn't dwarfed. Personally think Rosen's character concerns are much worse than Mayfields'.

Please explain the Manziel comparison outside of playing in a spread offense? Manziel was a dual threat QB. Mayfield is athletic but is so far from being a dual threat, he averages 22 rushing yards a game. His mobility is inside the pocket, does he scramble outside of the tackle box yes, but thats more akin to someone like Tyrod Taylor. Manziel was a sand lot football player.

The height thing remains to be seen, but standing next to a 6'2 reporter after last weeks game he wasn't dwarfed. Personally think Rosen's character concerns are much worse than Mayfields'.

the Manziel comparison has been made by a lot of college football experts. he's a small guy that does well in a college spread offense, but that doesn't translate to the NFL. also, he's a loose cannon off the field and likes to party. after what we saw from Manziel, i wouldn't be surprised if some teams took Mayfield completely off their board.

What are Josh Rosen's character concerns? That he had a hot tub in his dorm room and he likes to read and talk about politics? Otherwise he's a stand up guy from a well-to-do family and was the top rated QB in the nation coming out of high school. Mayfield wasnt' even recruited, had to walk on, quit school because he was being a cry baby about the coach not guaranteeing a starting job for him (who is ever guaranteed a job?), transferred without even talking to the coaches involved and had to sit out a year (poor judgement), and he was tackled by police trying to run away after public intoxication (the typical weekend for him I've heard). Mayfield is an arrogant little poo. I'd be surprised if he even made an NFL roster let alone be a starting QB in this league

guys like him and Manziel and Chad Kelly don't make it in professional sports because you have to be just that...professional

the Manziel comparison has been made by a lot of college football experts. he's a small guy that does well in a college spread offense, but that doesn't translate to the NFL. also, he's a loose cannon off the field and likes to party. after what we saw from Manziel, i wouldn't be surprised if some teams took Mayfield completely off their board.

What are Josh Rosen's character concerns? That he had a hot tub in his dorm room and he likes to read and talk about politics? Otherwise he's a stand up guy from a well-to-do family and was the top rated QB in the nation coming out of high school. Mayfield wasnt' even recruited, had to walk on, quit school because he was being a cry baby about the coach not guaranteeing a starting job for him (who is ever guaranteed a job?), transferred without even talking to the coaches involved and had to sit out a year (poor judgement), and he was tackled by police trying to run away after public intoxication (the typical weekend for him I've heard). Mayfield is an arrogant little poo. I'd be surprised if he even made an NFL roster let alone be a starting QB in this league

guys like him and Manziel and Chad Kelly don't make it in professional sports because you have to be just that...professional

I feel like we may have had this exact discussion in another thread. Feel like you're generalizing about Mayfield being a loose cannon from one incident. The Manziel comparison to me is a bit lazy. Not every athletic "short" quarterback from a spread offense is Johnny Manziel. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, just feel like this one is wrong. Mayfield makes passes I dont think Manziel could have made. I'd love to see the comparison between Mayfield's and Manziel's average time between snap and throw. I think that would put the comparison to bed quickly.

When looking at both Mayfield and Rosen, simply put I think they both have jerk tendecies, but in terms of pure arrogance Mayfield is nowhere near Rosen. If you want to portray Rosen as a well read forward thinking person thats fine, but to me he comes across as a person who has very little clue about real life and comes across as immature and ignorant because of it. I dont get the sense he is a team first leader. But make no mistake about it, he has character issues. Its been well publicized he isnt well liked by his teammates, ala Connor Cook.

Also, think its a little early to put Chad Kelly in the same category as Manziel. Statsitically speaking its likely, but it could be for any number of reasons.

^^we'll see! history is on my side with these types of cases. he was a longshot to make it without the character concerns. not pro material imo

The good news is smart money is on both of us being right. Quarterback success rate in the NFL is something around 19% of those drafted.

Agree to disagree and wait to see how it turns out.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.