QB Mason Rudolph & WR James Washington

bisonbrigade

There will be a lot of shakeup throughout the year as far as top college qbs. There will be qbs we thought would be highly rated that end up fading and there will be some that seemingly come out of nowhere. So many variables. What worries me are all the Lockers, Ponders, weedens, Freeman's, Manuels, Quinn's, etc. That being said Rudolph looked good last night

This is true...And that's all before they get to the Post Season and they REALLY get picked apart...

What we should know is one of the top guys will fall back and one will come out of nowhere to crack the top 15 or so...

I do feel this year is a little different...I've never seen so many potential (the dreaded p-word) premium QB prospects...Now...They could all flame out by next April...Maybe a few don't come out...But on the other hand if most of them play well, and they all come out?...This is going to be nuts! B-)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Against the powerhouse of Tulsa

Yep, that is what I am trying to get them to understand.

This is true...And that's all before they get to the Post Season and they REALLY get picked apart...

What we should know is one of the top guys will fall back and one will come out of nowhere to crack the top 15 or so...

I do feel this year is a little different...I've never seen so many potential (the dreaded p-word) premium QB prospects...Now...They could all flame out by next April...Maybe a few don't come out...But on the other hand if most of them play well, and they all come out?...This is going to be nuts! B-)

Agreed. With his CAREER I still go with Mayfield. ( have him 1a with Allen right now) I am really anxious to see how he does against the other OSU (Ohio) Next weekend. The OL needs to do better than they did last year and WR;s need to fight for the ball harder. But we will see.

Unless taylor gets hurt or is dreadful we will not find out this season

So, we'll probably see peterman

Agreed. With his CAREER I still go with Mayfield. ( have him 1a with Allen right now) I am really anxious to see how he does against the other OSU (Ohio) Next weekend. The OL needs to do better than they did last year and WR;s need to fight for the ball harder. But we will see.

Time will tell but I think we'll be able to draft mayfield with our 2nd 1st rd pick or in the 2nd rd. Are you an OU fan? I don't see what you see. I see a thicker version of Johnny football. I've only watched him in 5-6 games. I like his toughness and leadership. I don't really like what I've seen in his arm

The more I watch Mason Rudolph, the more I like him. He has now moved up to my first choice for QB next year with the 2nd choice being Josh Allen.

Go Bills!!!!!

Really? Over Darnold and Rosen? I thought he looked good, but not in that category. The guy's a senior and wasn't a concencus 2nd round pick even last year before declaring to return. If Darnold and/or Rosen could have declared, they would have been concencus top 3 picks, if not 1-2! Like many have stated, lots of season to play still so he may prove me wrong, but Mason is in the fight for the 4th QB off the board as it currently stands.

I'm not ruling our the drafting of a QB next April, and Rudolph is in the mix, but frankly, it's not on the front burner at the moment as we try to learn what we have in Nathan Peterman.

If the Bills don't draft a qb high because of Peterman, it would the ultimate Bills move. So awful.

Mayfield is Johnny Hobbit Part 2. Short guy who plays in a gimmick offense surrounded by blue chips who desperately wants to be famous.

He will be under a TON of pressure. The OSU DL is the best in the country and CRAZY deep. The pressure will be there all day. Can Mayfield get the ball out quickly and exploit a young secondary? We will see... Edited by Kirby Jackson

Haha. Oklahoma is a gimmicky offense with blue chip players at every position. Not buying him but I love good qbs so I hope I'm wrong.

Blue chippers such as Mark Andrews (good TE), Dede Westbrook (4th round pick). Obviously the run game had star power in the form of Perine/Mixon.

This year, Andrews remains. Then Jeff Mead, Jeff Badet (UK transfer), freshman CeeDee Lamb. If he replicates last season with that bunch, he's doing alright.

Blue chippers such as Mark Andrews (good TE), Dede Westbrook (4th round pick). Obviously the run game had star power in the form of Perine/Mixon.

This year, Andrews remains. Then Jeff Mead, Jeff Badet (UK transfer), freshman CeeDee Lamb. If he replicates last season with that bunch, he's doing alright.

That's fair. I just don't ever see his game being a franchise qb. He could be a solid backup like Chase Daniel.

And I really like Andrews.

So, we'll probably see peterman

Time will tell but I think we'll be able to draft mayfield with our 2nd 1st rd pick or in the 2nd rd. Are you an OU fan? I don't see what you see. I see a thicker version of Johnny football. I've only watched him in 5-6 games. I like his toughness and leadership. I don't really like what I've seen in his arm

LMAO Can the media and fans who really haven't watched him stop with the Johnny football bull crap already? This kid is light years ahead of that assclown. Yeah he had one stupid incident, thank God Cell phones weren't around in the 70's and 80's college football.

He is a leader that you can put a team on his back and he gets them to go.

As for as his arm, what games are you watching, this kid can sling a football. Now is he perfect, No, NO COLLEGE QB IS! I mean even the college God Andrew Luck still has some fleas on his game per say.

Haha. Oklahoma is a gimmicky offense with blue chip players at every position. Not buying him but I love good qbs so I hope I'm wrong.

Really? Seems most QB's come from this Gimmicky offense. You know the ones where the QB takes the snap, looks over the field, makes reads and delivers a football. Jesus folks quit reaching to put down a guy you don't want, because you really dont' know him

He will be under a RB of pressure. The OSU DL is the best in the country and CRAZY deep. The pressure will be there all day. Can Mayfield get the ball out quickly and exploit a young secondary? We will see...

Good I want him to be. Its the only way you learn and grow.

I ain't saying. I'm just saying :)

DIa7L1iVwAERa48.jpg

Mayfield is SO intriguing to me...

Especially because...

A) I don't think the Bills will be bad enough to Draft in the top 5 in 2018...

And...

B) No matter how good that kid is being 6-1 will likely keep him from being Drafted in the top 10-15...

So...He may very well end up being a match...I'm paying a little more attention to Mayfield, Rudolph, Jackson, Falk, and even Stidham...Because those are the names that should allow the Bills to stay where they land in the Draft, take a QB, and keep all their additional picks... B-)

Mayfield is a good college QB whose game doesn't translate very well to the NFL.

He looks the part of a mid round pick.

That's how I feel. There's a guys like this every year. Of course, he may be the rare exception.

Blokes' point about a lesser surrounding cast this year is a solid one though. I'm not a fan of qbs who play with studs all around them in college.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.