Syracuse Hoops 2017-2018

inkman

10 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Dont tease me!

Don’t get your hopes up yet....

FWIW, I’m hearing that if he does decide to play college ball, he wants to play for Cincinnati (closer to home).  Syracuse would have to agree to let him out of his LOI, but I can’t imagine that they would refuse his request.

Edit:  Just got a text stating that Bazley and “his camp” were weighing their overseas options as well.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

16 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Don’t get your hopes up yet....

FWIW, I’m hearing that if he does decide to play college ball, he wants to play for Cincinnati (closer to home).  Syracuse would have to agree to let him out of his LOI, but I can’t imagine that they would refuse his request.

Edit:  Just got a text stating that Bazley and “his camp” were weighing their overseas options as well.

If he opted out of the G league and went to college I would hope SU wouldn’t let him out of LOI

SU owes him nothing but a swift kick in the nuts

59 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

so this would indicate that maybe it isn't an academic issue that 'guided' him in making this decision, unless he is solely looking at the overseas option

Who knows

If we can get golden and Broswell it will be huge for the froncourt!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Poojer said:

so this would indicate that maybe it isn't an academic issue that 'guided' him in making this decision, unless he is solely looking at the overseas option

From what I am hearing, sounds like he was able to resolve the academic issue(s) that was causing his ineligibility.  Sounds like he wants to play at Cincinnati (which leads me to believe that there may have been some “friction” after his G-League announcement), but is pondering overseas just in case Syracuse does not let him out of his NLI.  I think they will let him off the hook though.

he needs some chicken to go with his waffles...damn, once again, syracuse might be escaping a bullet with this kid....

16 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

From what I am hearing, sounds like he was able to resolve the academic issue(s) that was causing his ineligibility.  Sounds like he wants to play at Cincinnati (which leads me to believe that there may have been some “friction” after his G-League announcement), but is pondering overseas just in case Syracuse does not let him out of his NLI.  I think they will let him off the hook though.

11 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Serious question...

Do you love the Buffalo Bills more or the Orangeman? Lol

or how close are they hahah

I love the Bills more but Syracuse is definitely my 2nd love

1A & 1B for me and they can be interchangeable.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Serious question...

35 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Serious question...

20 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

1A & 1B for me and they can be interchangeable.

I agree with Pooj, but I’d have to give the edge to Cuse basketball.

3 minutes ago, bbb said:

I've often debated who I love the most - the Bills or the Bonnies? 

Likewise.

I finally put it in terms of championship,

Which would excite me more.........Bills winning the Super Bowl or the Bonnies winning the NCAA championship ?

Either would be spectacular.....................but since the St. Bona chance is so remote.......................I would pick that.....:lol: 

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Likewise.

Which would excite me more.........Bills winning the Super Bowl or the Bonnies winning the NCAA championship ?

Either would be spectacular.....................but since the St. Bona chance is so remote.......................I would pick that.....:lol: 

My lord can you imagine a championship parade marching through Olean and Allegheny?! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Likewise.

I've said that, too................But, I've bounced the other way sometimes and said more people I know would be happy (understatement) with the Bills..................The debate continues.  And, so does the wait! 

8 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Trying not to get my hopes up on battle. At this point, I think he either comes back or he signs with an agent. I can’t see him just doing the NBA combine stuff without an agent and coming back. Must be a tough decision!

This seems to be the case, and is why he is taking so long with his decision.  It has been reported by Donna D...he is either staying or going.  No in between.

I hope the NCAA/Teams don't lay down on this news of an increased G-League salary.  The timing stinks, i wonder if Bazely had some inside information....and announcing this at a time when players are deciding what path to take before the draft?  If this was any other sport someone would be screaming collusion/tampering.....

45 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yeah, I don’t know about all that.  Osunniyi and Braswell would be good additions for depth, but I don’t think either would step in and be a major contributor right away.  I hope we get both of them though.  We need them.

Lost in all this is Khalif Battle, younger brother of Tyus, just chose Butler over Syracuse.  WTF?!

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yeah, I don’t know about all that.  Osunniyi and Braswell would be good additions for depth, but I don’t think either would step in and be a major contributor right away.  I hope we get both of them though.  We need them.

Lost in all this is Khalif Battle, younger brother of Tyus, just chose Butler over Syracuse.  WTF?!

Yea it is what it is...

i don’t think he is as good as Tyus though 

Just now, bbb said:

He's at Bona today.  The #1 basketball school in NYS. 

bonnies nys.jpg

Slow your roll bud !

one win over Cuse and now your on top of the world! I love Bonnies but they don’t have the attendance record or accolades of SU

Its still SU and everyone else 

Just now, bbb said:

Is that a problem for him?

Yes. I know the Superintendent of his HS and she pulled a lot of strings for him to get offers

SU walked into Cheektowaga Central,  took 1 look at his transcripts and walked out

Nice guy, not super bright

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yes. I know the Superintendent of his HS and she pulled a lot of strings for him to get offers

SU walked into Cheektowaga Central,  took 1 look at his transcripts and walked out

Nice guy, not super bright

Well, thanks for the warning.

2 minutes ago, bbb said:

Well, thanks for the warning.

I think the year of Prep Ball was to straighten out some grades

If he can stay eligible for 4 years you get a heck of a basketball player ... he is vicious when he attacks the rim 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Looks like we landed Braswell.

Navy brat so he has only been in the states a few years 

tremendous athleticism with good upside. Solid 3* late signing

Edited by Buffalo716