This is how epically bad we are.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drafted here by Rex, its his 3rd scheme in one year. Last year was Rex, then the new one under McD this year, and now Schwartz. 3 schemes already in literally one single season since this one hasnt kicked off yet.

Oh, Ok, thought he was here with Schwartz and one of the reasons they were willing to make the deal to bring him in

What GM is going to look good when drafting for a consistent revolving door ehen it pertains to schemes. Darby was a great fit i a man defense. Ragland was a good pick in the 34 Kuandjio was a good backup.left tackle. John Miller looked good against the pass. Karlos Williams looked good for us. Whaley misses some. but how can we talk about this like his picks wee trash and we all knew it.

i didn't like last draft. what if that doesnt pan out? then what?

Let's not forget our 2013 first round pick. Those 4 drafts should have produced the cornerstones of the current team . They produced zero. This is a tear down / rebuild regardless of what the FO would like us to believe

Embrace the Tank!

I honestly feel bad for the people who buy tickets to see this team. It is going to be a long season. The tank is underway, but the Bills may be playoff contenders in 3-4 years. All they need on offense is a top QB, a top RB to replace the retired McCoy, two starting WR's, and a TE. What's the problem? Maybe in 4 years Brady and Belichik will retire.

1. We gave up a 2015 1st round pick and 2015 4th round pick to move up and get Watkins. He is gone 3yrs later and missed like 30% of his games.

2. Cyrus was our 2nd round pick in 2014. He is an abomination.

3. Our first pick in 2015 was 2nd round pick Darby. He is gone 2 years later.

4. Our 2nd pick in 2015, 3rd rounder John Miller, is barely a starter and may get beat out by Ducasse, who is horrible.

5. Our 3rd pick in 2015, 5th rounder Karlos Williams isn't even in the NFL anymore.

So to recap: We missed on our 2014 1st round pick; we gave up our 2015 1st round pick; we missed on our 2014 2nd round pick; we missed on our 2015 2nd round pick; we missed on our 2015 3rd round pick.

The 2014-2015 draft classes have set this team back at least 5 years. A blind monkey could have thrown darts at the draft board and had more success.

So, if you look at the worst of your recent history, and only the worst, things will look pretty bad?

I wouldn't have realized.

But no, two draft classes don't set you back five years, they set you back two years.

Whaley's picks don't look good, especially so after yet another scheme switch but they didn't look great even before that. But it isn't reasonable to criticize twice for the same mistake. Yeah, the tradeup for Sammy was always stupid. But when you then go on to point out that our second pick was in the third round ... yeah, we got it, you already criticized the Sammy trade.

Embrace the Tank!

I honestly feel bad for the people who buy tickets to see this team. It is going to be a long season. The tank is underway, but the Bills may be playoff contenders in 3-4 years. All they need on offense is a top QB, a top RB to replace the retired McCoy, two starting WR's, and a TE. What's the problem? Maybe in 4 years Brady and Belichik will retire.

It's not a tank. Tank is a lovely popular hockey term that has become popular among football fans but it's a poor fit.

In a sport without guaranteed contracts, there's no such thing as a tank.

But yeah, to use the football terms, we're rebuilding. It's not a total rebuild, but it's a rebuild. But it's not as if we were going to be good even if we'd made every single move with the specific purpose of being as good as possible this year.

Wasnt Whaleys move

Yes it was. He was the GM and with brand new owners. If he'd told them he wasn't going to be able to work with Rex, they'd likely have listened.

Edited by Thurman#1

1. We gave up a 2015 1st round pick and 2015 4th round pick to move up and get Watkins. He is gone 3yrs later and missed like 30% of his games.

2. Cyrus was our 2nd round pick in 2014. He is an abomination.

3. Our first pick in 2015 was 2nd round pick Darby. He is gone 2 years later.

4. Our 2nd pick in 2015, 3rd rounder John Miller, is barely a starter and may get beat out by Ducasse, who is horrible.

5. Our 3rd pick in 2015, 5th rounder Karlos Williams isn't even in the NFL anymore.

So to recap: We missed on our 2014 1st round pick; we gave up our 2015 1st round pick; we missed on our 2014 2nd round pick; we missed on our 2015 2nd round pick; we missed on our 2015 3rd round pick.

The 2014-2015 draft classes have set this team back at least 5 years. A blind monkey could have thrown darts at the draft board and had more success.

It would seem to be impossible for professionals to be THAT bad at their jobs.

A sharp 15 year old kid with 3 or 4 draft magazines would be clearly superior to the cast of clowns that ran our football team.

I find it difficult to believe that a GM couldn't build a winner with the talent Beane inherited. The team does need a QB, and Beane could have drafted one this year, but decided to defer to next year, acquiring an additional first round pick.

Last season, the Bills were a .500 team mostly due to an F'ed-up defensive scheme and limitations at QB. However, if you could have combined Schwartz's defense with Roman's offense, the Bills would have made the playoffs.

The best coaches create a scheme based on the talent on the roster. The worst coaches try to jam talent into a pre-determined scheme.

The Bills have spent the last 17 years trying to cram talent into the scheme of the latest lame-brained coach they hired. And the GMs have gone along with the ride.

Roster-building be damned. It's always been 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

I don't want a coach that talks about process or culture or scheme. I want a coach that maximizes the talents of a Watkins or Dareus or Hughes.

I want Marv Levy adopting the no huddle. Mike Tomlin abandoning his Tampa 2 scheme for Dick LeBeau's 3-4 zone blitzing scheme. Bill Bilichick adjusting to a deep passing scheme with Randy Moss on the roster.

All off season I've been looking for signs that Beane and McDermott were going to maximize the Bills talent on the roster. That we fans wouldn't have to go through yet another rebuild. That McDermott wasn't another one of those clueless coaches that reject a majority of the talent in the league because a player don't fit the definition of being one of "my guys."

I don't know, maybe it'll work for McDermott where it didn't work for Williams, Mularkey, Jauron, Gailey, Marrone, or Rex.

Hopefully McDermott can be successful doing the same thing that these other guys failed trying to do.

I agree. But these guys are inflexible about their schemes and fitting players into them, or dumping them. Look at what they already have done to degrade the offensive line.