Ragland traded to KC for 4th round 2019 pick

MAJBobby

Why is it every single time we clean house on the defensive side it has to come with a switch between a 3-4 and a 4-3. Stache 600-600 4-3, Pettine 3-4, Schwartz 4-3, Rex 3-4, McDermott 4-3. The talent erosion would not have been nearly this bad if they just limited the house leaning moves to the same general scheme.

Pegula does not understand football. Hence this problem.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you saying the Bills should have schemed their defense around Ragland?

Excuse me while I piss my pants laughing.

Ragland is a 3-4 guy. Plain and simple. Better to get something now than to cut him in a week.

I'm saying they got something back for nothing = good asset management. I wasn't being sarcastic.

McBeane gave them a player to help them this year, thus making our pick from them worse. I expect Willie "Mays" Hayes and Roger Dorn to be added to the roster any minute.

Ragland may not see the field this year. His knee is still not great. And this is a passing league bro. I can see the Raiders Chargers and Broncos licking their chops throwing down the middle w Ragland 3 steps behind.

If you buy 1,000 stocks worth $10 each last year but today they are worth $3 each and have been falling ever since you bought them. Is it better to sit and wait for it to rebound back to $10 or assume it's going to completely bottom out since it has showed absolutely no sign of going back up?

Making bad decisions and buying junk stocks in the first place is the issue I have. I don't care that we traded him and got what we could. Trading players is the easy part anyway. Drafting good players and filling holes is not. I'm not going to praise anyone yet until I see what they actually do with all of these picks.

2) he was a 2nd round pick last year that we just dumped for a mid round pick.

I'm glad you enjoy throwing away young players that cost much more than what we are bringing back.

When you make a bad draft pick, you don't get it back. Getting a 4th for a guy that was questionable to dress on Sundays isn't too bad, no?

Or are we still pretending that "getting Ragland back is like having another 1st round pick this year!"?

Making bad decisions and buying junk stocks in the first place is the issue I have. I don't care that we traded him and got what we could. Trading players is the easy part anyway. Drafting good players and filling holes is not. I'm not going to praise anyone yet until I see what they actually do with all of these picks.

Agreed, but in this case it was someone else buying junk bonds... Maybe we should all give them a chance to draft first before bashing them? At least they seem to understand the value of having more lottery tickets.

Caught a bad break that the guy destroyed his knee after we took him. If he had blown his knee out beforehand, he wouldn't have been a 4th round pick in that year's draft.

Damaged goods, poor fit, team finally looking to BUILD instead of playing for an outside shot at losing an away wild card game.

Fine trade.

As others have noted, nothing truly matters until the Bills deploy their resources to secure a top 10 caliber quarterback. Otherwise, you're battling for the wild card chump round and spinning your wheels in the middle of the pack.

When you make a bad draft pick, you don't get it back. Getting a 4th for a guy that was questionable to dress on Sundays isn't too bad, no?

Or are we still pretending that "getting Ragland back is like having another 1st round pick this year!"?

Again, I don't care that we traded him and got what we could. I'm sure I'll have to continue saying this though.

And the Pats just cut Kony Ealy who they traded for before the draft. Are the Pats fans irate? I doubt it.

I trust you'll be able to see why this comparison is ridiculous.

Not the worst return a 4th round pick is nothing to sneeze at. Would have preferred a 2018 pick but oh well. I think people freaking out over "Helping" the Chiefs are being hyperbolic. Reggie at best can contribute to being a run thumper on early downs. Something that will have a limited impact. This is more of a long term move for the Chiefs who probably are eyeing Ragland to be a role player in 2018 than grow into a starter in 2019.

Good luck to Reggie but always remember that the team that trades away the player is the team that knows him best. If he was never going to fit the system then you could do a lot worse than trading away a mid round pick for him.

Agreed, but in this case it was someone else buying junk bonds... Maybe we should all give them a chance to draft first before bashing them? At least they seem to understand the value of having more lottery tickets.

I'm not bashing them. My goodness I don't know how many times I have to keep saying this. I am giving McD and BB the benefit of doubt until I see what they make of all these picks.