Estelle Says

Im up here in heaven and we just got the new Iphone so i havent been able to post in a while.

Here is what I can see from the clouds:

1. Anyone who thinks it would be crazy to start Peterman this season, is in fact crazy. Tyrod is what he is, a QB who cant see the middle of the field and more importantly cant hit 10 yard out patterns on 3rd down. Blanch would make a better option at this point (trying to talk her into it).

2. The Watkins trade was a success. If he got injured and we let him walk we get nothing for him. If he has his first real big year then we have to pay 15 Million a year to a guy who stayed on the field once in 4 years and lacks character. (cut that hair ya damed hippie)

3. I have faith in the new GM and Coach because for the first time in 17 years we are pretty much willing to sacrafice a season for the bigger picture.

4. Anything is possible this year. There is some talent on this roster.

Im up here in heaven and we just got the new Iphone so i havent been able to post in a while.

Here is what I can see from the clouds:

1. Anyone who thinks it would be crazy to start Peterman this season, is in fact crazy. Tyrod is what he is, a QB who cant see the middle of the field and more importantly cant hit 10 yard out patterns on 3rd down. Blanch would make a better option at this point (trying to talk her into it).

2. The Watkins trade was a success. If he got injured and we let him walk we get nothing for him. If he has his first real big year then we have to pay 15 Million a year to a guy who stayed on the field once in 4 years and lacks character. (cut that hair ya damed hippie)

3. I have faith in the new GM and Coach because for the first time in 17 years we are pretty much willing to sacrafice a season for the bigger picture.

4. Anything is possible this year. There is some talent on this roster.

A new staff that sees a bigger picture at the end of the tunnel? I sure hope so I am so sick of the we must win now of every new staff brought in. Can't force a square block in a round hole, the mix of two systems trying to squeeze through the first season fails every time.

The fact that Sammy had zero receptions for the Rams the other night is very interesting. I think the Bills made the right decision getting something for him because I don't see him having a great year and then see him walking in FA and at best the Bills get a late 3rd round comp pick.

The fact that Sammy had zero receptions for the Rams the other night is very interesting. I think the Bills made the right decision getting something for him because I don't see him having a great year and then see him walking in FA and at best the Bills get a late 3rd round comp pick.

He was targeted once. It's preseason. :lol:

He was targeted once. It's preseason. :lol:

Yup, he was targeted once. What was with all the talk about Goff trusting him to throw the ball to him when covered? And has Sammy's play merited that $12M/year (or more) contract extension from the Rams?

Yup, he was targeted once. What was with all the talk about Goff trusting him to throw the ball to him when covered? And has Sammy's play merited that $12M/year (or more) contract extension from the Rams?

It's preseason. You're trying waaaaaaaaay too hard.

Yes, preseason play is exactly what they were looking at when deciding whether to pay Sammy's contract.

He likely won't have a great year with the Rams...and it likely will have nothing to do with him. The Rams were one of the handful of places that he could have gone where the situation will be worse for him.

It's preseason. You're trying waaaaaaaaay too hard.

I'm just saying that in the dress rehearsal for the season, you'd like to see the guy you traded a 2nd round pick and a player for catch at least a couple passes. And I'm sure Sammy wants to get that $12M/year extension now and not even catching a pass probably doesn't help his case. But it will be an interesting situation to watch.

Yes, preseason play is exactly what they were looking at when deciding whether to pay Sammy's contract.

So then, what are they looking at? His play from the past 3 years? Would that justify paying him $12M/year? How about how he's looked in practice?

He likely won't have a great year with the Rams...and it likely will have nothing to do with him. The Rams were one of the handful of places that he could have gone where the situation will be worse for him.

I agree.

I'm just saying that in the dress rehearsal for the season, you'd like to see the guy you traded a 2nd round pick and a player for catch at least a couple passes. And I'm sure Sammy wants to get that $12M/year extension now and not even catching a pass probably doesn't help his case. But it will be an interesting situation to watch.

So then, what are they looking at? His play from the past 3 years? Would that justify paying him $12M/year? How about how he's looked in practice?

I agree.

I assure you Doc, they aren't looking at a single preseason game. That's not how NFL teams operate.

I think Sammy will have a pretty good to great year as most guys in contract years all of a sudden play through the little nicks that has kept him out the past few seasons. But once he gets that big new contract, reverts back to his old self.

So yes am happy with the trade but expect a big year from Sammy and the board will be flooded with all the people who were against the trade saying "see how dumb the Bills are again" But in three years or so when he's below average, won't hear a word from them.

I like Tyrod for this season and as a option to hold the QB position while a young QB incubates for a year or two. Having even a decent QB on a somewhat affordable contract is a luxury in the NFL. The Bills shouldn't be so quick to throw him away, we could be in a much worse spot at QB.

I assure you Doc, they aren't looking at a single preseason game. That's not how NFL teams operate.

I never said they were looking at a single preseason game. But so far, with them, he has 2 catches for 8 yards in 2 games. Again it doesn't scream "let's extend him at $12M/year!"

I think Sammy will have a pretty good to great year as most guys in contract years all of a sudden play through the little nicks that has kept him out the past few seasons. But once he gets that big new contract, reverts back to his old self.

So yes am happy with the trade but expect a big year from Sammy and the board will be flooded with all the people who were against the trade saying "see how dumb the Bills are again" But in three years or so when he's below average, won't hear a word from them.

We shall see.

Jesus your trying hard.

Oh, the irony! If Sammy were still a Bill and had caught zero passes in game 3, you'd be posting a billion times about it.

I never said they were looking at a single preseason game. But so far, with them, he has 2 catches for 8 yards in 2 games. Again it doesn't scream "let's extend him at $12M/year!"

We shall see.

Oh, the irony! If Sammy were still a Bill and had caught zero passes in game 3, you'd be posting a billion times about it.

Preseason has never screamed anything.