Kony Ealy released by Pats

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've read, his play has been very inconsistent and he hasn't done well in picking up the Pats' defensive scheme.

It's easy to connect the dots and say the Bills would be/should be interested but keep in mind, Beane was still on Carolina's staff when they pulled off the trade. So he knows what Ealy has to offer and if he was part of the group that helped complete the trade then I kinda doubt he'd be interested in bringing him to Buffalo. Also, the Patriots lone weak spot is pass rusher, their best guy retired, they drafted a kid they had planned on starting but he's injured and beyond that they don't have much. For them to say "no thanks" on a guy who, although inconsistent, can come up with a nice performance now and again, that says a lot.

According to Carolina fans he basically did nothing after that good showing in the Super Bowl. I do want players that stop trying after they get their big contract. JJ Watt was in the weight room working out at 4am the day after he signed for a little less than Marcel.

Kind of strange philosophy, but hey

It's the beginning of the end of the Belichick-Brady era. Brady goes down with a major, career-ending injury this year and Belichick retires at the end of the season. Even Brady is not immune from Father Time. The Bills begin a long playoff run starting in 2018.

That's ok. Who needs Brady or BB? They have Gilmore! :) :) :)