Here comes Harvey

/dev/null

One time where it definitely paid to take the high road!

Those poor people.....

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting. Hard to fully grasp the scope of what's going on, but that added a stark and depressing perspective. Looking forward to word that conditions start improving.

Thanks for posting. Hard to fully grasp the scope of what's going on, but that added a stark and depressing perspective. Looking forward to word that conditions start improving.

I think what drives the scope home most of all is the rather mundane and unexpected stories: A few days ago, authorities in Houston asked for donations of towels, as they had run out of usable ones.

I think its safe to say that in times like these, we're ALL Texans.

Now where's my 40 acres and an AR-15?

Whooo Nellie! Even with the Biblical floods. Let's not go that far... Still Texas. Unfortunately, I did step foot on Texan soil one time, years ago, on way to Mexico. Does airport only count?

I will take the 40, mule, and AR-15 though...

:-)

I lost one of my two cars that I was planning on selling for like $500. Missed about a week and a half of work. But my company is giving us all a weeks pay anyway, so I shouldn't be out of too much money. Other than that, stayed safe and dry.

Glad to hear you made it!

500 bucks... Was car running? Anything road worthy will bring a 1000. What happened to it?

Maybe live in a house on stilts next. My niece just moved to North Carolina, their house is on stilts... Kinda cool. I told her to build a boat dock & keep boat on trailer ready to float off:

post-1877-0-47020100-1504245733_thumb.jpg

Glad to hear you made it!

500 bucks... Was car running? Anything road worthy will bring a 1000. What happened to it?

Maybe live in a house on stilts next. My niece just moved to North Carolina, their house is on stilts... Kinda cool. I told her to build a boat dock & keep boat on trailer ready to float off:

attachicon.gifHouseOnStilts.jpg

I always thought this was pretty crazy. Rebuilt their house after Rita and it survived Ike:

one.irpt.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/09/18/ike.last.house.standing/

I always thought this was pretty crazy. Rebuilt their house after Rita and it survived Ike:

one.irpt.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/09/18/ike.last.house.standing/

Reminds me of Janet Reno's mom/grandmother (I forget which). Survived the great Everglades hurricane in the '30s, and said "!@#$ this, I'm building a storm-proof house." Then designed and built herself a house that some 50 years later survived Andrew with no more damage than a single lost shingle, while everything else in the neighborhood was smashed.

I lost one of my two cars that I was planning on selling for like $500. Missed about a week and a half of work. But my company is giving us all a weeks pay anyway, so I shouldn't be out of too much money. Other than that, stayed safe and dry.

still with the soon to be in law's renting that space out?