Hurricane Thread --

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But Amazon Prime can deliver anywhere in two days.

Somebody actually told me today that they were buying LifeStraws and donating them to Puerto Rico relief.

Yeah...while I respect the thought behind it, when the hell does he think they're going to get in to the hands of anyone that needs them? Sometime around Halloween, maybe?

Trump attacks San Juan mayor over hurricane response

President tweeted from his golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey, where he is spending the weekend. "... Such poor leadership ability by the Mayor of San Juan, and others in Puerto Rico, who are not able to get their workers to help. They want everything to be done for them when it should be a community effort."

The people are standing in lines incredible hours for ATM , food and water for their families and elderly relatives to just survive.

There will be a mass migration to U.S. when it is possible for them .

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/30/trump-lashes-out-at-san-juan-mayor-who-begged-for-more-help.html

I think this is actually the worst thing Trump has done in his presidency. From his golf club in New Jersey, he tweeted out an attack on the mayor of San Juan after she pleaded for more help from the federal government. Even for him this is nuts.

So...we're actually doing better this time around? It's been nine days.

The Defense Department has not sent enough troops and vehicles to hurricane-ravaged Puerto Rico but will soon send more, according to the three-star general newly in charge of coordinating the military response.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) said Friday on CNN that Trump should put the U.S. military in charge of handling and delivering aid to Puerto Rico. He asserted that only the Pentagon could repair the logistical issues preventing aid from reaching island residents.

San Juan Mayor Carmen Yul n Cruz on Friday urged Trump to ramp up the federal assistance, ripping acting Homeland Security Secretary Elaine Duke for referring to the government's response as a "good news story."

"Damnit, this is not a good news story," Cruz said. "This is a people-are-dying story."

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/353137-not-enough-troops-equipment-in-puerto-rico-says-general-in-charge-of-relief?amp

The golfer-in-chief is slow to respond when there's no benefit to him in votes or demographics.

Puerto Ricans pay most federal taxes.

They are US citizens.

Trumps failed golf course (the one in P.R., not to be confused with his other failed businesses or his failed government) cost those taxpayers $33m.

They are not a priority because (a) they can't vote in US national elections and (b) they're brown.

Period.

I'm disappointed I have not heard of foreign countries helping Puerto Rico.

The U.S. goes into debt to help them during disasters. What goes around should come around this time.

As of 3 days ago:

Multiple foreign nations have expressed their desire to send aid in the form of food, water, medicine and manpower, but they cant because the Trump administration wont allow them to do so.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/lawnewz.com/legal-analysis/trump-is-refusing-to-let-other-countries-help-puerto-rico-and-there-is-no-legal-justification/amp/

Again, slow to react and grant waivers to laws like the Jones Act, which McCain wants to permanently remove.

Trump's tweets are asinine three quarters of the time.................it is certainly no surprise here.

I'm disappointed I have not heard of foreign countries helping Puerto Rico.

The U.S. goes into debt to help them during disasters. What goes around should come around this time.

I could not agree more.

IsraAID sends emergency response team to Puerto Rico | ISRAEL21c Israel did send some, but that is not being reported much

Back to pushing the Katrina Narrative.

Add Sen. Elizabeth Warren to the list of Democrats playing politics with the U.S. response to Hurricane Maria and the devastation it caused on the island of Puerto Rico:

Puerto Rico was already suffering from an economic crisis long before it got hit by the hurricane. Now it faces another humanitarian crisis.

She is not wrong (of course)

All we can say is where was this concern in the week after Maria hit the island? A quick look at her timeline shows Warren offering boilerplate language on the 20th — the day the storm hit — and then nothing until September 26. So, she’s slamming Trump for his slow reaction while she had nothing to tweet for almost an entire week?

Many others have written here about the difficulties faced here in getting (actual) aid to those suffering the most.

In a better world, those opposed to President Trump would assist the government in this extremely hard effort,

but the memory of how the NARRATIVE helped to bring down Bush is too fresh in their heads.

Its all you will read from them in the next few weeks.

Sad.

And to the simpletons like Gator and Pasta who drag out the tired "I thought Conservatives did not like government" bullsquat, this is precisely when the government IS needed.

ADDED: I see the last two replies just above me prove the emptiness of the deranged Trump left.

Trump's tweets are asinine three quarters of the time.................it is certainly no surprise here.

I could not agree more.

IsraAID sends emergency response team to Puerto Rico | ISRAEL21c Israel did send some, but that is not being reported much

Back to pushing the Katrina Narrative.

Add Sen. Elizabeth Warren to the list of Democrats playing politics with the U.S. response to Hurricane Maria and the devastation it caused on the island of Puerto Rico:

She is not wrong (of course)

All we can say is where was this concern in the week after Maria hit the island? A quick look at her timeline shows Warren offering boilerplate language on the 20th — the day the storm hit — and then nothing until September 26. So, she’s slamming Trump for his slow reaction while she had nothing to tweet for almost an entire week?

Many others have written here about the difficulties faced here in getting (actual) aid to those suffering the most.

In a better world, those opposed to President Trump would assist the government in this extremely hard effort,

but the memory of how the NARRATIVE helped to bring down Bush is too fresh in their heads.

Its all you will read from them in the next few weeks.

Sad.

And to the simpletons like Gator and Pasta who drag out the tired "I thought Conservatives did not like government" bullsquat, this is precisely when the government IS needed.

ADDED: I see the last two replies just above me prove the emptiness of the deranged Trump left.

Deranged left?...says the guy going out of his way to quote a Senator when the right wing President ***** on PR.....

Gotcha

As of 3 days ago:

Multiple foreign nations have expressed their desire to send aid in the form of food, water, medicine and manpower, but they cant because the Trump administration wont allow them to do so.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/lawnewz.com/legal-analysis/trump-is-refusing-to-let-other-countries-help-puerto-rico-and-there-is-no-legal-justification/amp/

Again, slow to react and grant waivers to laws like the Jones Act, which McCain wants to permanently remove.

So how has that waiver of the Jones Act mattered?

There was no port for foreign ships to go to, dipshit.

As of 3 days ago:

All foreign countries need to do now is send money or supplies to U.S. who can transfer it to P.R. when possible.

As of 3 days ago:

To be fair to Trump, he was dealing with the NFL anthem protest crisis which surely takes precedence over a humanitarian crisis in an American territory. Can't expect him to be everywhere at once, you know? Thank god after the last few trying days he can finally relax at his golf club.

To be fair to Trump, he was dealing with the NFL anthem protest crisis which surely takes precedence over a humanitarian crisis in an American territory. Can't expect him to be everywhere at once, you know? Thank god after the last few trying days he can finally relax at his golf club.

post-9240-0-21186300-1506789845_thumb.jpg

Quick reminder:

Repetition does not equal truth.

But keep it up .........................it certainly helps everyone see what a weak point the libs have.............. :D

and a quick note to Basky...............one of these days will you read the entire post before you embarrass yourself ..........please, for your own sake.

No liberal here, I'm quite moderate. You're all so far right you've lost sight of the center. If Obama had done anything approaching this, say he had lashed out at a military general after the Benghazi attack, we wouldn't hear the end of it for 20 years. If you aren't shocked by the president's comments this morning there's nothing more to be said.

Can't really blame the moron liberals, they are just blindly following Rahm Emmanuel's directive: "Never let a serious crisis go to waste."

This should have nothing to do with democrats or republicans, these are U.S. citizens who desperately need help to survive.

Not really a directive by any particular Progressive. More like a state of mind

What can others do for you?

What can the federal government do for an American territory facing a humanitarian crisis? Is this the progressive state of mind you speak of? Wow. Many of you are morally bankrupt. Get a clue. Read some reports of what Puerto Ricans are doing to survive. The mayor of San Juan is wading through sewage looking for survivors and sleeping on a cot in a shelter. Their homes have been destroyed. The president is spending his time golfing and he takes a few minutes out of his vacation to attack that mayor. If you weren't so concerned with the ® rubber stamped next to his name you would see how wrong this is.

This should have nothing to do with democrats or republicans, these are U.S. citizens who desperately need help to survive.

After Harvey hit, I did see some comments online to the effect of "Texas voted for Trump so they deserve this." And the people who said that are as cancerous as the people who support Trump's comments on Puerto Rico. But I never saw a Democrat politician or leader make a comment like that. Trump's comments are beyond the pale. There's no defending them. Every American should be troubled by it but politics poisons the brain.