Where do you think or D will rank this year and why

Over under d rankings  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What place do you think this D will place

• Top 10
    • Top 20
    • Bottom 3rd

I voted top 20 and think they'll be middle of the road 15th or 16th.

The defensive line should be one of the best in the league and will get a ton of sacks, the safeties should be improved over last year as well.

As far as the CBs, I think the rookie will play as well as Gilmore, who I think was overrated, but trading our best CB away two weeks ago will hurt this group. I also think our LB group is average at best.

At least they should have 11 on the field on every play unlike with the Ryan twins.

Big run game leads to nice possession times. Our defense needs to get off the field on third down better than last year as well. Our offense needs to convert better as well and hopefully if our receivers are more healthy they will.

Big d line play will make our secondary look better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Middle of the road.

Our offense is going to be horrendous, which means they'll be on the field too much and they'll face a lot of short fields.

I think we'll be average in yards, and slightly below average in points.

Overall I think they're not going to be good enough to keep this offense afloat.

Top 10 and I think it'll be readily apparent in the first game.

Team has players that have track record of excelling in this particular scheme. The team has done a much better job matching scheme to player this year than the last two years. I give credit to the Bills for going after football players not just really great athletes.

DL is one of the better in the league in terms of talent. LBs and DBs will be better than advertised.

top 10 in scoring

bottom 10 in yards and time of possession

We are goinjg to give up a lot of yards with our zone defense and questionable coverage LBers and secondary, Brady wil go for 500 on us one game. I say top 10 in scoring though as once the get in the red zone and compress the field the widnows in the secondary get very small so i can see a lot of din and dunking pass possession offenses going down the field in long drives and hopefully we hold them for a FG or get a turnover.

Big question is our offense, if that Offensive line is as bad as it has been then we are in deep trouble.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

When the regular season hits (actually probably after the Jets game), this defense is not going to look anywhere near as good as it does in preseason (in my opinion).

I expect the wheels to come off in the secondary. The defense will give up numerous big plays in the secondary. Opponents short passing games are going to have plenty of YAC with Preston Brown playing MLB.

The run defense will be way better than it was. They still won't be holding teams to under 100 yards rushing though simply because opponents will be running the ball late in games a lot when they are up by 2 scores.

I make this prediction based on the assumption that the offense will mostly suck. I suspect the Bills will run, run, pass, punt very often. I suspect Dennison will refuse to stretch the field. The run game will suffer as a result. The pass game will become a dumpster fire. And the defense although improved from last year will be on the field way too much of the game and surrender numerous yards because of it. That will land them in the bottom 1/3 of the league in terms of total yards.

Edited by PolishDave

The scheme will fit the personnel and the D will play hard. But it will also get exposed more and wear down as the season goes on because of injuries and opponents solving the so-so offense (meaning the D will be on the field a lot the later it gets in the season). If we're behind often in the second half the defensive passing stats won't be too bad because opponents will be running out the clock. So I think we'll "really" be in the top half of the league but statistically closer to 20 than 10.

Like a lot of things, this question reminds me the Bills team to watch out for is maybe the 2018 club but definitely 2019.

The defense will give up numerous big plays in the secondary. Opponents short passing games are going to have plenty of YAC with Preston Brown playing MLB.

The run defense will be way better than it was. They still won't be holding teams to under 100 yards rushing though simply because opponents will be running the ball late in games a lot when they are up by 2 scores.

I make this prediction based on the assumption that the offense will mostly suck. I suspect the Bills will run, run, pass, punt very often. I suspect Dennison will refuse be unable to stretch the field. The run game will suffer as a result. The pass game will become a dumpster fire. And the defense although improved from last year will be on the field way too much of the game and surrender numerous yards because of it.

I should have read this before I put up my own post. I don't agree with everything PD says (so I deleted some of his post) but yes on all of this.