TOP 5 GRADES

ED Ryan Davis, 88.2

ED Jerry Hughes, 84.5

ED Shaq Lawson, 81.3

S Jordan Poyer, 81.2

C Ryan Groy, 80.7

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:

C RYAN GROY, 80.7

The only offensive player to grade north of 80.0, Groy finished Thursday nights game with a pass blocking efficiency rating (PBE measures pressure allowed on a per snap basis weighting towards sacks) of 100.0, Groy surrendered zero pressures which is especially remarkable considering Buffalo surrendered 25 as a whole on 27 pass block attempts.

QB NATHAN PETERMAN, 72.4

Similarly to last week, Peterman had success moving the ball when he was able to throw from a clean pocket but struggled mightily when tasked with throwing under pressure. The fourth round pick went 9 of 12 for 160 yards and a 116.7 QB Rating from a clean pocket, compared to just 1 of 8 for seven yards and a 39.6 QB Rating when under pressure.

DE RYAN DAVIS, GRADE 88.2

Ryan Davis, who came into the league as an undrafted free agent in 2012, was electric rushing the passer in the Eagles second preseason game. Davis turned 2016 undrafted free agent tackle Dillon Gordon into a turnstile beating him with inside and outside moves for four pressures on only 17 pass rushing snaps, earning a pass rush grade of 88.9

DE JERRY HUGHES, GRADE 84.5

Hughes was extremely disruptive in the first few series of this game when matched up against one of the best tackles in the league in Lane Johnson. Hughes recorded one sack and drew a holding call on Johnson in 12 pass rush snaps. He was also disruptive in run defense recording two stops and a run defense grade of 86.8

I expect to see a few posts suggesting that "statistically" Tyrod was 7th or 8th best yesterday for a starting QB in some passing category or another.

Maybe he wasn't as bad as Blake Bortles, I don't know.

But one thing I did notice in this game is that Peterman can hit a receiver in the hands on the fly, with regularity.

That's something Tyrod will never do. Period.

Tyrod needs to find a new team to give him time to develop.

These new guys at OBD aren't going to keep him around.

Stick a fork in him, he's done.

Taylor shouldn't be developing anymore, he's been in the NFL 7 years...

He's looking terrible this pre-season, I just don't think he has what it takes mentally.

Edited by T-Bomb

What would you get with the 3rd round pick. Likely a solid rotational DE.

This, which is what makes the "theory" behind trading two of your best young players for draft picks even more maddening - draft picks in general, especially 2nd round and beyond, are a hope, not a reality. And hope is the cruelest of virtues.

Mentally? If being smart won football games, Fitz would be greatest QB of all time. Did you see the starting O-line last night? did you see those slow receivers? Darby made Bolden looked old, practically ran the route for him. "We are not accumulating talent, we are trying to build a team". I thought talent and team were not mutually exclusive. Considering everyone in the NFL has talent. They are setting Tyrod up to fail. Even Jim Kelly said what they did would be like trading away Andre Reed from him. Lets trade away talent to get more picks to hopefully get talent. MAKE NO SENSE. Ego and Pride is place in front of the fans

Ugh do we want a 3rd round comp pick or a solid rotational DE?

i have no problem getting rid of vlad and holmes but davis seems decent. But if it comes down to him or the pick u take the pick. They can keep him to around week 9 also i think

Mentally? If being smart won football games, Fitz would be greatest QB of all time. Did you see the starting O-line last night? did you see those slow receivers? Darby made Bolden looked old, practically ran the route for him. "We are not accumulating talent, we are trying to build a team". I thought talent and team were not mutually exclusive. Considering everyone in the NFL has talent. They are setting Tyrod up to fail. Even Jim Kelly said what they did would be like trading away Andre Reed from him. Lets trade away talent to get more picks to hopefully get talent. MAKE NO SENSE. Ego and Pride is place in front of the fans

Andre Reed wasn't always injured.