Can we talk about the OL?

Thurmal34

Whew! That is bad!

@RobQuinn619

Jordan Mills gets paid to play football

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/898598779296784384

As bad as that is it is a PERFECT example of a Zone Running scheme. Last year Shady gets stuffed trying to get the edge because of Mills whiff. This year plants foot finds the hole big gain.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As bad as that is it is a PERFECT example of a Zone Running scheme. Last year Shady gets stuffed trying to get the edge because of Mills whiff. This year plants foot finds the hole big gain.

Nice Job by Wood and Miller on the double team of Cox and also Incognito for engulfing the LB.

Nice Job by Wood and Miller on the double team of Cox and also Incognito for engulfing the LB.

This is why we are back asswards this year. We have a bunch of solid mauling Run Blockers in a scheme designed to help weaker runblockers that typically excel at Pass Pro. We are the other way have a good number ot run blockers that struggle in pass pro.

There is no plan. For all the yapping by fans about the organization turning over a new leaf, the reality is that it continues to do what it's been doing for fifteen pus years:refusing to accept the importance of the OL. The only improvement in dealing with the OL since the Jauron era is that the Bills have actually drafted some OLers in the higher rounds rather than relying on Day 3 scrubs, UDFAs, and assorted bottom feeders they could claim off waivers which is pretty much what they did prior to 2009. Of course, if they didn't keep creating holes elsewhere on the team by allowing talented starters to leave, they might have more picks to invest in the OL.

So you are saying instead of day 3 draftees, UDFAs and bottom feeders, they have recently drafted OL in the higher rounds...unlike what they did previously. So, wouldn't that make it different than the Jauron era? How does saying its the same as it was, then pointing how its different than it was, reconcile in your mind?

The impression I am getting is that you would have liked MORE OL drafted than they have. I suppose one could agree with that.

@ChrisBrownBills

With Mills not practicing today - Dawkins getting walk thru reps at LT with Henderson at RT. #Bills

Grasping at straws. Even if Dawkins comes in and suitably mans the LT position, we are now looking at Henderson vs Mills for the RT job?

In Glenns foot we trust

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

I wish they would put Dion Dawkins in at LT and see what he can do, the rest of these guys are getting our Qbs killed. Part of it was Jim Schwartz and a talented D line.

Part of has been 2 of the best DLs in football without Glenn the 1st 2 weeks, but this coaching staff is making strange decisions on OL personnel.

So you are saying instead of day 3 draftees, UDFAs and bottom feeders, they have recently drafted OL in the higher rounds...unlike what they did previously. So, wouldn't that make it different than the Jauron era? How does saying its the same as it was, then pointing how its different than it was, reconcile in your mind?

The impression I am getting is that you would have liked MORE OL drafted than they have. I suppose one could agree with that.

What hasn't changed is the Bills FO's failure to take the importance of the OL seriously enough. They certainly have more talent now because they've drafted it more recently, but they still don't have enough top notch young OLers coming up. Part of that is that they've missed on too many higher picks like Kouandijo.

They don't seem to recognize that virtually all OLers will miss games, that Wood and Incognito are aging, and that depth is virtually non-existent. They also have not done anything to address the fact that the Bills pass protection wasn't all that good last year, and is worse this year. A decent pass blocking OL can make even a merely competent QB like Dalton, Tannehill, and Taylor a whole lot better. A franchise QB isn't going to turn around any franchise if he doesn't have protection.

Good question. He's never been a quality NFL OL.

Vlad DuCasse has sucked since he was a rookie with the Jests. My guess is that he's with the Bills because Rex Ryan originally drafted him.

What hasn't changed is the Bills FO's failure to take the importance of the OL seriously enough. They certainly have more talent now because they've drafted it more recently, but they still don't have enough top notch young OLers coming up. Part of that is that they've missed on too many higher picks like Kouandijo.

They don't seem to recognize that virtually all OLers will miss games, that Wood and Incognito are aging, and that depth is virtually non-existent. They also have not done anything to address the fact that the Bills pass protection wasn't all that good last year, and is worse this year. A decent pass blocking OL can make even a merely competent QB like Dalton, Tannehill, and Taylor a whole lot better. A franchise QB isn't going to turn around any franchise if he doesn't have protection.

Vlad DuCasse has sucked since he was a rookie with the Jests. My guess is that he's with the Bills because Rex Ryan originally drafted him.

He's actually at OBD because of his Baltimore connection to Juan Castillo.

Whew! That is bad!

@RobQuinn619

Jordan Mills gets paid to play football

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/898598779296784384

Ugh... B-)

@JoeBuscaglia

A little OL switch-up at #Bills practice. Dion Dawkins at LT, Seantrel Henderson at RT, Vlad Ducasse at RG. Mills not practicing.

@JoeBuscaglia

Joe Buscaglia Retweeted Joe Buscaglia

Also, I do not understand the fascination with Vlad Ducasse.

Honestly this Ducasse fascination is starting to piss me off... B-)

Thin at starter, thin at backup. E Wood expires when, at the end of this year? Incognito old, Cordy's health an unknown. What is the plan for improving this group?

On what day do all the teams must trim they're roaster to 53 ?

That's the only thing that I could think of , I'm pretty sure we ain't using our 2018 draft picks unless maybe it's a 7th rd p

I 100% agree and don't understand. Ducasse has been a disaster his entire career. There is so much tape on him proving his level of ineptitude. Yet, here we are.

I'm ashamed to have the same first name as this guy

BRUTAL