Who's going to take the top off of defenses? Time to trade.

Tipster19

I'm doing this off an IPhone so bear with me. The other day Beane was being interviewed by Mike Florio and made a quick remark about making another trade, or that it is a possibility. My point is, especially after Sammy was traded, is that if the Bills really are not trying to tank it then they need to at least try and replace Sammy with a big, strong, fast WR that can play on the outside. We have ammunition to get this done with some decent players who may not be a good fit under this new regime and a plethora of draft picks. Enter Kevin White. He would be a good fit on this team and could possibly be had. I'm not a GM so I don't know what would be fair compensation but I would imagine that someone like Ragland and/or draft pick(s) would be the nucleus of such a trade. They play a 3/4 defense and while Danny Trevathan is a quality ILB I'm not so sure of his counterpart Jerrell Freeman.

One other thing, after tonight's game a concern of mine going into the Philly game appears to be more of an issue than what I first feared and that is the LT position. This looks like it could be a big problem for us if Cordy can't get healthy quickly. Someone mentioned in the game thread about Brandon Albert. That might not be too shabby of an idea if that OL can't get their **** together.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem that we have seen so far hasn't been because they don't have Watkins anymore, I doubt the results of these games would have changed with him in their.

The QB and the OLine play was bad tonight. Penalties killed alot of the plays tonight too. It almost seemed like the Refs were practicing themselves calling certain plays, like the said before the game we have to practice calling 'holding', or 'block in the back' so if they see something somewhat kinda close to it, call it so we can practice throwing the flag and calling it to the crowd. Penalties are also always bad in the preseason because you get alot of fringe players trying to do what they can to look better and make a team so they do things that they hope they can get away with to gain an advantage, or are trying desperately to stop someone or do something but get beat. The hope is, which didn't happen tonight, that the majority of the calls are on the fronge guys and not the established starters who should know better.

After league cuts a new WR and OT should fall to us that are upgrades. Hopefully. .. :lol:

With Matthews coming back, I don't think WR would be something that needs a huge upgrade, not compared to the oline.

You don't need elite WRs to win, Sammy did nothing in his years here to make this team any better in the standings. With the guys they have, they just need to make catches/plays to get defences have to pay attention. If the WRs can't get open, the Qb can't make the throws when they are open, or they drop the ball defences can stack up and force them to have to throw. This is what happens with NE, Brady makes the throws and the WRs catch the ball and move the chains, they don't just air it out. They will beat you by hitting short and intermediate passes that move the ball forward.

With Matthews coming back, I don't think WR would be something that needs a huge upgrade, not compared to the oline.

You don't need elite WRs to win, Sammy did nothing in his years here to make this team any better in the standings. With the guys they have, they just need to make catches/plays to get defences have to pay attention. If the WRs can't get open, the Qb can't make the throws when they are open, or they drop the ball defences can stack up and force them to have to throw. This is what happens with NE, Brady makes the throws and the WRs catch the ball and move the chains, they don't just air it out. They will beat you by hitting short and intermediate passes that move the ball forward.

Your right The OL is a mess rite now. In theory thats how the WCO works but its still good to have a burner to make teams pay 4 it when they put too many in the box. If we go into the season with wat we have at WR now, were gonna have a lot of safetys creeping up to play the run and short pass game this season

Your right The OL is a mess rite now. In theory thats how the WCO works but its still good to have a burner to make teams pay 4 it when they put too many in the box. If we go into the season with wat we have at WR now, were gonna have a lot of safetys creeping up to play the run and short pass game this season

But don't they have a few guys with speed right now (aren't Holmes and Streeter supposed to be quick?)

I'm doing this off an IPhone so bear with me. The other day Beane was being interviewed by Mike Florio and made a quick remark about making another trade, or that it is a possibility. My point is, especially after Sammy was traded, is that if the Bills really are not trying to tank it then they need to at least try and replace Sammy with a big, strong, fast WR that can play on the outside. We have ammunition to get this done with some decent players who may not be a good fit under this new regime and a plethora of draft picks. Enter Kevin White. He would be a good fit on this team and could possibly be had. I'm not a GM so I don't know what would be fair compensation but I would imagine that someone like Ragland and/or draft pick(s) would be the nucleus of such a trade. They play a 3/4 defense and while Danny Trevathan is a quality ILB I'm not so sure of his counterpart Jerrell Freeman.

One other thing, after tonight's game a concern of mine going into the Philly game appears to be more of an issue than what I first feared and that is the LT position. This looks like it could be a big problem for us if Cordy can't get healthy quickly. Someone mentioned in the game thread about Brandon Albert. That might not be too shabby of an idea if that OL can't get their **** together.

Good thoughts.

Watching Tyrod last year with the bums they had at WR was at times excruciating.........and the burden was released late in the season and we got a reminder of what Tyrod is capable of if given that great deep playmaker.

We got a tiny glimpse of this problem when Tyrod scrambled right tonight and threw up a 50/50 ball to Anquan Boldin..........it's the kind of play that Sammy and Tyrod turned into big gains/TD's and in the process de-starched opposing pass rushes/rush defenses.

And of course Boldin had no chance whatsoever of making that play and Darby picked it off.

Let's be honest here........Tyrod is NOT EVER going to be Tom Brady or even Philip Rivers......probably not Russ Wilson either........but he could however be Randall Cunningham and Daunte Culpepper in Minnesota.......guys that aren't franchise, pick-you-apart passers but that can nearly maximize big time talent in the receiving corps.

But McDermott and Beane appear to be going the WRONG WAY if they intend to win this year with Taylor.......he needs big play WR's.

I'd love for them to take a shot on a guy like White or even Gordon if he gets re-instated........won't nearly make up for this Sammy fiasco but it's clearly going to be hard to watch them try to make Tyrod play 3 step drop QB all year.

Good thoughts.

Watching Tyrod last year with the bums they had at WR was at times excruciating.........and the burden was released late in the season and we got a reminder of what Tyrod is capable of if given that great deep playmaker.

We got a tiny glimpse of this problem when Tyrod scrambled right tonight and threw up a 50/50 ball to Anquan Boldin..........it's the kind of play that Sammy and Tyrod turned into big gains/TD's and in the process de-starched opposing pass rushes/rush defenses.

And of course Boldin had no chance whatsoever of making that play and Darby picked it off.

Let's be honest here........Tyrod is NOT EVER going to be Tom Brady or even Philip Rivers......probably not Russ Wilson either........but he could however be Randall Cunningham and Daunte Culpepper in Minnesota.......guys that aren't franchise, pick-you-apart passers but that can nearly maximize big time talent in the receiving corps.

But McDermott and Beane appear to be going the WRONG WAY if they intend to win this year with Taylor.......he needs big play WR's.

I'd love for them to take a shot on a guy like White or even Gordon if he gets re-instated........won't nearly make up for this Sammy fiasco but it's clearly going to be hard to watch them try to make Tyrod play 3 step drop QB all year.

Yeah it is painful to watch a QB actually have to do basic QBing things when he struggles at them

Yeah it is painful to watch a QB actually have to do basic QBing things when he struggles at them

It's painful watching LeSean McCoy in short yardage..........but his severe limitations there do not make him worthless.

Tyrod can put points on the board........he can intensify a running game in ways that an Aaron Rodgers cannot........and subsequently he can lead a very high scoring offense........which is the majority of the point of offense.

But don't act like none of us wants a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers.........and don't be so ignorant to think that Tyrod is preventing them from finding one in the meantime.

You want the top pick in the draft.......we get it........but the only top picks in the draft to win SB's since the drought are named Manning.......and Eli is no surgeon and the second Peyton title was won IN SPITE of him.

So you DON"T need to tank to get a top QB.......play to win and build a solid roster and add the QB to it........like NE did. Or Seattle did. Or GB did. Or Pittsburgh did. Or Baltimore did. You know......ALL the top organizations in football.