What if the Ravens (etc) called about Tyrod?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep.

Tell that to the Vikings

The Vikings starting QB suffered a catastrophic and possibly career-ending injury. It was a move made out of sheer desperation. The Ravens aren't in any sort of situation like that, and neither is any other team at present.

Edited by dave mcbride

The Vikings starting QB suffered a catastrophic and possibly career-ending injury. It was a move made out of sheer desperation. The Ravens aren't in any sort of situation like that, and neither is any other team at present.

Was Miami in that situation about a week ago?

yes, and they signed a guy who knows the system inside and out. They didn't have to give up anything except for money either.

Yes but week 2 Preseason gonna start. You cant tell me that if a team loses a starter this week they are not calling Buffalo

Yes but week 2 Preseason gonna start. You cant tell me that if a team loses a starter this week they are not calling Buffalo

That could happen, but it's highly unlikely. Also, the closer you get to the season, the less viable this solution is. If Philip Rivers goes down, I could see trading for Tyrod. But that's really the only viable possibility, at least in my opinion.

That could happen, but it's highly unlikely. Also, the closer you get to the season, the less viable this solution is. If Philip Rivers goes down, I could see trading for Tyrod. But that's really the only viable possibility, at least in my opinion.

If Flacco's back goes out or Carson Palmer blows out another ACL before the trade deadline...

If Flacco's back goes out or Carson Palmer blows out another ACL before the trade deadline...

AZ will go with Drew Stanton over a guy who doesn't know the offense (AZ's scheme is very from Buffalo's). Flacco's back going out is unlikely, but if it does, yes, he might fit. But then the Bills won't have a quarterback.

If the Bills FO can't see Tyrod as the long term solution at QB, would they trade him before the 17 season? From everything we have seen to this point, it's clear the Bills have a plan. It seems as if that plan is to gain as much draft capital as possible. Should a team (like Baltimore) come calling for Tyrod, it could have a multi pronged effect on the Bills plan coming to life.

-Obviously the Bills would get something back from that team. Hopefully at least another 2nd rounder. You could probably even get a pick and a player. Maybe a guy that can help long term.

-The Bills would also gain a chance to evaluate the QB they drafted this past April. You can assume Peterman would be a step down from Tyrod, but what if by some crazy turn of fate...he wasn't? At some point, law of averages is going to allow us to get lucky and hit on a guy. No Tyrod means we get a better look at the future.

-Lastly, if the worst case scenario occurred and Peterman shows nothing and the Bills are terrible...at least you avoid the inbetween 6 or 7 win season that hurts our draft position. This is not the goal I would have in mind, but I suppose it's a nicely built in safety valve.

If the Bills feel like Peternan can be close to a lateral move and if they could get fair value, I would probably entertain the idea of moving Tyrod. If the Bills feel like the gap is so great, that the change would sink their season before it starts..then I would rather hold out. I'm not saying this situation would even have the opportunity to occur. It's strictly hypothetical at this point, but looking at the Ravens, Broncos and maybe even Colts current situation. You never know. Obviously if we were okay dealing Sammy, anything can happen. Go Bills.

Can't see them making a deal except for the Broncos.

If the Bills FO can't see Tyrod as the long term solution at QB, would they trade him before the 17 season? From everything we have seen to this point, it's clear the Bills have a plan. It seems as if that plan is to gain as much draft capital as possible. Should a team (like Baltimore) come calling for Tyrod, it could have a multi pronged effect on the Bills plan coming to life.

-Obviously the Bills would get something back from that team. Hopefully at least another 2nd rounder. You could probably even get a pick and a player. Maybe a guy that can help long term.

-The Bills would also gain a chance to evaluate the QB they drafted this past April. You can assume Peterman would be a step down from Tyrod, but what if by some crazy turn of fate...he wasn't? At some point, law of averages is going to allow us to get lucky and hit on a guy. No Tyrod means we get a better look at the future.

-Lastly, if the worst case scenario occurred and Peterman shows nothing and the Bills are terrible...at least you avoid the inbetween 6 or 7 win season that hurts our draft position. This is not the goal I would have in mind, but I suppose it's a nicely built in safety valve.

If the Bills feel like Peternan can be close to a lateral move and if they could get fair value, I would probably entertain the idea of moving Tyrod. If the Bills feel like the gap is so great, that the change would sink their season before it starts..then I would rather hold out. I'm not saying this situation would even have the opportunity to occur. It's strictly hypothetical at this point, but looking at the Ravens, Broncos and maybe even Colts current situation. You never know. Obviously if we were okay dealing Sammy, anything can happen. Go Bills.

I would trade Tyrod but not unless they cleaned house.

Nothing more boring than watching old vets who won't be back go thru the motions......so trade Wood, McCoy, Incognito, KW and Preston Brown and release the untradeable Charles Clay.

Jesus wouldn't give McDermott more than he can handle right?