Charlottesville

TSNBDSC

How do you not see that you are complaining about people painting in broad strokes while you're standing there with a dripping ROLLER in your hand? Nobody here has said all white people are evil or anything even close to that.

I see people white people are evil all the time these days. Profs calling for the mass extermination of white people.

You should get out more.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I fully understand that.

This is the classic scenario in our recent past.

You let two groups assert their 1st amendment rights, knowing what each side wants to do is provoke a conflict.

Then the predictable occurs and the finger pointing starts at those who are supposed to react within a boundary that is nearly impossible. The "Goldilocks" only response, knowing that no matter what you do, with five major networks scrambling for ratings, there is always going to be someone, some "expert," claiming how it should have been done different.

It is nonsense.

This situation has been known for well over a month. The city tried to get the location moved to assist the police in an effort to have better control. A judge rejected that on Friday.

This clown Jason Kessler, the hate monger who is behind organizing this event here, has been at it for many months.

His recruiting all of these hate groups to descend on this town is an egregious attempt to incite a riot.

My reaction is because I saw what was done and I heard the pleas to get through it peacefully.

When I heard about the disgusting torch lit march through the University of Virginia grounds on Friday night, for no apparent reason other than to flame the passions, I knew these folks were up to a lot more than asserting free speech.

When I drove by the area at 9 or so, it looked like a war zone. Barricades and police lined up 20' apart with automatic weapons.

When I returned home through it at 12, the white supremacists hate mongers were marching to the protest site, and I could hear their chants and see their idiotic "uniforms."

The point is that if you orchestrate a riot, and seem to do everything necessary to ensure one comes about, you ought not get too critical of the way normal folks try to stop it.

One dead, 19 or so injured by a Hitler fan from 1000 miles away.

It could have been a lot worse, and I will join others in my area thanking our law enforcement people, for not going in there with the full force that could have led to a disaster.

those white surpremists had every right to be there. So what's the problem?

I always get a kick out of this message board nonsense.

You have no idea "orders" or rules of engagement were in place.

You have no idea what could have happened if some other strategy was used.

If there's one thing I've learned as I've watched this and many other events unfold, some of which I've been very familiar with, it's that people judging the performance of other people, often professional people, is folly.

And the claim that I "know" because I "drove by the event" is false.

What I know is that both sides recruited people from far distant areas and attempted to start a riot.

Simple enough?

remember Dallas? When the police were shot? And police attacked? Direct orders were given to police to stand down. Federal authorities were there to monitor the police and assure that police would not tactically respond or involve themselves in the protest.

Baltimore was similar.

So save your message board bull **** because those are two facts.

No it does not. Hate speech does not allow peaceable assembly. It provokes violence as we have just seen. Hate speech invites violence.

Hate is not peace.

The supreme court has ruled, and reaffirmed, there is no exception in the first amendment for "hate speech".

These kkk neo-nazi guys are a pile of ****, and I think they should be shot (my protected opinion), but we don't get to decide what other people think or say in America.

The rally did not get shut down because of speech, it got shut down because of violence. Unfortunately, many people, pundits, and counter-organizations are trying to blur the distinction and make it seem as if speech is in itself violence. It is not.

The supreme court has ruled, and reaffirmed, there is no exception in the first amendment for "hate speech".

These kkk neo-nazi guys are a pile of ****, and I think they should be shot (my protected opinion), but we don't get to decide what other people think or say in America.

The rally did not get shut down because of speech, it got shut down because of violence. Unfortunately, many people, pundits, and counter-organizations are trying to blur the distinction and make it seem as if speech is in itself violence. It is not.

and this only reaffirms the strengths of both.

They hit hard, we hit harder. We shut them down, our violence worked! This is going to escalate and as long as it's a mile from me I'm fine with it.

But this is just building pressure upon pressure. The police department should have just sprayed pepper spray to all the antifa and giggles.

I just tried reading what anifa was. I still don't know. The best I can gather is they gather to meet the violence of racist groups with violence. Is that right?

Just about, though they tend to get their asses kicked so I'm not sure why they keep trying.

I just tried reading what anifa was. I still don't know. The best I can gather is they gather to meet the violence of racist groups with violence. Is that right?

They confront fascism with fascism. It's an organization with no sense of history or understanding of what fascism actually is.

They confront fascism with fascism. It's an organization with no sense of history or understanding of what fascism actually is.

They are a tinderbox for what happened this weekend.

Even if they aren't starting it, gleefully provoking a reaction isn't innocent.

Long and the short of it, they're leftist thugs. Anti-white racists, and haters of free speech.

I have a hard time calling the current batch of white supremacists "facist." Only because they aren't well-informed enough to own a philosophy. It seems like they mash up the symbols of the Nazis and Confederacy as the packaging for simple racism.

Guys like Spencer, and to a lesser extent Brietbart, have given the white supremacists a vocabulary ("alt-right") that sounds almost reasonable in print. But you don't have to pull back many layers to find the racial hate.

I have a hard time calling the current batch of white supremacists "facist." Only because they aren't well-informed enough to own a philosophy. It seems like they mash up the symbols of the Nazis and Confederacy as the packaging for simple racism.

Guys like Spencer, and to a lesser extent Brietbart, have given the white supremacists a vocabulary ("alt-right") that sounds almost reasonable in print. But you don't have to pull back many layers to find the racial hate.

I hear you there.

They are a tinderbox for what happened this weekend.

Even if they aren't starting it, gleefully provoking a reaction isn't innocent.

I get that. The peaceable protesters, of which their were plenty, should distance themselves from the thugs. King's message was louder and clearer than anything these people can hope to accomplish.

I get that. The peaceable protesters, of which their were plenty, should distance themselves from the thugs. King's message was louder and clearer than anything these people can hope to accomplish.

Hey! The same can be said about Islam.

But one can't be peaceable when.... Wait for it... Wait...

Your head is rolling down a flight of stairs or lodged under the front wheels of 2 tons of vehicle.