Charlottesville

TSNBDSC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) on Tuesday denounced President Donald Trumps equivocations on white supremacist-fueled violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, saying the president gave the hate groups a victory. "The organizers of events which inspired & led to [Charlottesville terror attack] are 100% to blame for a number of reasons," Rubio wrote on Twitter, adding, "The #WhiteSupremacy groups will see being assigned only 50% of blame as a win. We can not allow this old evil to be resurrected." House Speaker Paul Ryan issued a similar statement, writing: We must be clear. White supremacy is repulsive. This bigotry is counter to all this country stands for. There can be no moral ambiguity.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/rubio-slams-trump-you-gave-white-supremacists-a-win

Let's make no mistake here. The racist right is a political force now. Those that make excuses for them are one of their greatest assets

Edited by Tiberius

Here are the facts Donny

A hate group went beyond what they had permits for.

Jews will not replace us

Blood and soil. Who's streets, our streets.

The alt left attached the (poor little) Nazis

When will enough be enough

Put Pence in power tomorrow!!!!

Based on this description, how is it not both sides at fault?

I'm still not getting past the point where he says that saying things people really don't like justifies violence, and if they just hadn't said those things, they wouldn't have needed to be assaulted.

I mean, your Honor, her skit was soooo short, and she was acting soooo slutty.

Exactly, just like WWII. On one side you had the Nazis who were violent & on the other the allied soldiers were also very violent. Some even used weapons. So it's a draw. Many sides you see.

How bad was his press conference? Well, when you lose Fox News you might as well throw in the towel. (Fox News’s Kat Timpf declared, “It’s honestly crazy for me to have to comment on this right now because I’m still in the phase where I’m wondering if it was actually real life what I just watched. It was one of the biggest messes that I’ve ever seen. I can’t believe it happened. . . . It shouldn’t be some kind of bold statement to say, ‘Yes, a gathering full of white supremacist Nazis doesn’t have good people in it. Those are all bad people, period.’”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2017/08/15/what-did-you-expect-from-trump/?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.6a57aa3d96fd

both sides, wrong. all that were involved and those who allowed themselves to reach that level of violence, wrong. those who were swinging the clubs were just as guilty as the one driving the 4.500 lb machine in to the crowd, only he did more severe damage.

this, it seems is going to get much worse before it gets any better. this country/society is so divided and there is so much hate, it can only lead to bad things. no such thing as a peaceful rally in these times, any and all have issues, although not of the magnitude recently resulting in death.

american vs american, civil war.

it's my child and grandchild I'm most concerned about, the future? a real shame where this society/country/world has come to and where it's headed.

both sides, wrong. all that were involved and those who allowed themselves to reach that level of violence, wrong. those who were swinging the clubs were just as guilty as the one driving the 4.500 lb machine in to the crowd, only he did more severe damage.

this, it seems is going to get much worse before it gets any better. this country/society is so divided and there is so much hate, it can only lead to bad things. no such thing as a peaceful rally in these times, any and all have issues, although not of the magnitude recently resulting in death.

american vs american, civil war.

it's my child and grandchild I'm most concerned about, the future? a real shame where this society/country/world has come to and where it's headed.

agree totally, I fear for my grandkids future

Exactly, just like WWII. On one side you had the Nazis who were violent & on the other the allied soldiers were also very violent. Some even used weapons. So it's a draw. Many sides you see.

Yes, that's exactly the same situation as Charlottesville.