EJ Gaines...

Let's be honest, the reason our Bills got extra high draft picks for next year is because we got lessor players back in that Sammy's potential is way higher than Matthews and Darby's potential is way higher than Gaines

Short term the Bills lose a little, but long term those draft picks make the trade a potential big win for the franchise

That being said in terms of short term Matthews is no slouch, he is a top tier #2 NFL WR, or at worse a lower tier #1, and Gaines did have one good year, so maybe in the right system he will improve

IMO Matthews is solid enough that very few of us will miss Sammy, my concern is that we purged every one of secondary starters last year, its a massive transition year on this D, and we might have serious issues with our 2017 secondary, and that both new players are impending free agents

jc

Yes, Matthews is a free agent next year. Good season means good money to retain him, it that's possible.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a high 2nd round pick as well. That's the best anyone was gonna offer for Sammy. EJ Gaines was just thrown in there so the Bills could feel like they got a CB back after losing Darby. If we didn't plan on extending him or were even unsure, the trade makes a lot of sense.

Cooks was a 1 and 3 for cooks and a 4... and that was a toxic locker room situation for a less talented player and picks this year

So it's hard to know if this was the best possible if we played cards better this offseason

McDermott is a defensive mastermind that knows DBs (Josh Gordon anyone?).

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. He got him man. And also I think EJ is coming off an injury which explains his poor numbers last year.

Josh Norman?

sammy was always hurt he was floating thro his rook contract anyway good trade darby seemed like he never really got it here so anpther good trade seemslike we got 2 solid picks and two solid b type players im sure mcd can use gaines...or he wouldnt of done it..

at first i was shocked but now im like well you know it had to be done

and now we will see if tyrod can play and what happens at rb in the future cuz i love mcoy but he prolly wont be here more than 2 years just enuff time to get this team on track i dont think we tank totally we go 6-10 prolly what we were anyway

which is why we got the picks in case we gotta trade up or trade for another player in the season or so i really wont miss sammy cuz i hardly saw him on nfl ticket he made a couple badazz tds i seen like 3 i think but obj and a another wr from his draft kinda smoke him...so im not hurt mathews can play some so we will see. i dont know but i got a feeling it was smart. we need a spark of some kind....if im wrong man we got some good picks anyway...and for all you english pros pardon my lingo i hate using a phone 2 type all i got now

Any time you have a chance to get a 6th round cb with 2 career INTs for a top 5 pick wr, you have to do it.

I think I know the NFL pretty well but I have never heard of him before today.

:lol:

If everything goes right, this dude has a good chance to be the second best EJ ever to play on the Bills.

:lol::lol: Things have been going so ****ty lately...why would I expect a reprieve from the Bills at this point? But thanks for making me chuckle you guys!

sammy was always hurt he was floating thro his rook contract anyway good trade darby seemed like he never really got it here so anpther good trade seemslike we got 2 solid picks and two solid b type players im sure mcd can use gaines...or he wouldnt of done it..

at first i was shocked but now im like well you know it had to be done

and now we will see if tyrod can play and what happens at rb in the future cuz i love mcoy but he prolly wont be here more than 2 years just enuff time to get this team on track i dont think we tank totally we go 6-10 prolly what we were anyway

which is why we got the picks in case we gotta trade up or trade for another player in the season or so i really wont miss sammy cuz i hardly saw him on nfl ticket he made a couple badazz tds i seen like 3 i think but obj and a another wr from his draft kinda smoke him...so im not hurt mathews can play some so we will see. i dont know but i got a feeling it was smart. we need a spark of some kind....if im wrong man we got some good picks anyway...and for all you english pros pardon my lingo i hate using a phone 2 type all i got now

There are no better players than the players who have never played a down yet...but the metric set by many Bills fans, anybody who ever gets injured is a worthless disappointment, simply because he got injured. He only missed 3 games his first two seasons, and was injured last year, one injury, that took longer to heal than anticipated...they should have just sat him down for the year. But your right, draft picks are awesome! May is always the best month for Bills football! I hope we get a really great wide receiver in the next draft...he's gonna be great...

There is a fairly decent chance that neither Gaines or Matthews are with the Bills in 2018.

Edited by Buftex