Welcome Aboard Jordan Matthews!

This guy is extremely productive....EXTREMELY productive. He has been in the league three years and his numbers are comparable to many greats. What the moves they just made say about this regime at the Bills is they are about productivity and not potential. So am I. I like it and think its an upgrade. Sammy was CONSTANTLY injured. I don't see that stopping. Best case scenario he has an absolute breakout year.. Then what? We pay him huge money and we're still not sure if he is durable. Jordan Matthews is an upgrade. I don't care how could somebody can be. I care how good they are and how productive they are. Matthews has proven he can be very productive three years in a row.

Constantly injured? Exaggeration. Matthews an Upgrade? No he's not at all. Look at their 1st two seasons for a real comparison.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

View from the other side

http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphia-eagles/post/_/id/21664/carson-wentz-eagles-teammates-taking-jordan-matthews-trade-hard

Hard to dislike a guy who does this:

"From a personal standpoint, basically every time I do one-on-ones it's against Jordan Matthews," Jenkins explained. "If I stay after to do releases with a receiver, it's going to be Jordan Matthews. So for me, even in my daily preparation, I now have got to find a new Jordan Matthews. And I know he's kind of been that guy in a bunch of guys' lives, whether it be Carson Wentz or Trey Burton, Zach Ertz -- he's had a big role in a lot of guys' lives, not only just what he does on the field."

View from the other side

http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphia-eagles/post/_/id/21664/carson-wentz-eagles-teammates-taking-jordan-matthews-trade-hard

"From a personal standpoint, basically every time I do one-on-ones it's against Jordan Matthews," Jenkins explained. "If I stay after to do releases with a receiver, it's going to be Jordan Matthews. So for me, even in my daily preparation, I now have got to find a new Jordan Matthews. And I know he's kind of been that guy in a bunch of guys' lives, whether it be Carson Wentz or Trey Burton, Zach Ertz -- he's had a big role in a lot of guys' lives, not only just what he does on the field."

Hes a solid player on the field and great guy off the field. Wonderful addition.

Unfortunately for him every miniscule mistake he makes will be magnified x1000 bc of the person he is replacing.

Sammy Watkins stats

Career stats

Year

Team

REC

YDS

AVG

LNG

TD

ATT

YDS

AVG

Bills

-

Bills

Bills

Career

Sammy who? Getting rid of the divas...I like it.... Ok, I'll go back to my little job now and get a life..

"To all the people that have a problem with me being injured you guys go out there and play this sport it's a 100% injury rate," Watkins' now-deleted Instagram comment said. "I'm not first or last person that's gone be injured difference from me and you guys y'all mad and I'm not get a life and goto work stop worrying about my job because I'm good on this end and forever will be losers most of you just wish to be in this position so continue working y'all little jobs for the rest of y'all lives since everyone once a response here go one have a blessed day." ~ Sammy

What a piece of trash. Sammy, very few will miss you

You seem butthurt

View from the other side

Sounds just like the sort of guy that McD values. Even though I'm guessing that type of player would be valued by just about any coach.

Hes a solid player on the field and great guy off the field. Wonderful addition.

Unfortunately for him every miniscule mistake he makes will be magnified x1000 bc of the person he is replacing.

As if it is possible to scrutinize any player more than Watkins was by this fan base

@christrapasso

#Bills WRs Jordan Matthews & Zay Jones are pretty similar athletes. Somewhat lanky, explosive & great quick-twitch ability relative to size

DHHXyN0XUAI2IoQ.jpg

DHHXyN2XkAEnyRp.jpg

For comparison sake what's Sammys please? I'm just curious if there is a measurable that stand apart. Not debating him vs these other guys in talent. That's well covered elsewhere.

For comparison sake what's Sammys please? I'm just curious if there is a measurable that stand apart. Not debating him vs these other guys in talent. That's well covered elsewhere.

Measurables in shorts don't always translate to the football field in actual game play.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Kind of disappointed to see the negative posts in a thread started to welcome Jordan to the Bills. Especially since there are plenty of

other threads to post your negative opinions in.

He didn't ask for this trade and has nothing to do with Sammy no longer being on the team. Don't blame him for this.

And in regards to the drops, if you prorated Sammy's 2 drops out to the same number of targets that Matthews had, Sammy would have had 4.5 drops last year.

Will a one-and-a-half drops per season difference really change the outcome of this year? 27 players had 5 or more drops last year. 15 had 6 or more drops last

year, including Brandon Marshall, Odell Beckham, Michael Crabtree, Mike Evans, Travis Kelce, Demaryius Thomas, and T.Y. Hilton. Not to mention that Jordan

was playing with a rookie QB.

WELCOME TO BUFFALO JORDAN! I look forward to seeing you play and tear it up for the Bills!