Go on record regarding the trades

Thoughts on the trades  

470 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the moves today?

Powell and Lewis

The initial point was that carrying star contracts isn't a formula for sustained success. The reality is every team carries star contracts.

I'm penciling Powell and Lewis as likely gone, but maybe. Was kind of penciling in the 53 and amazed how many talented guys were churned this offseason in those two groups (specifically as units that had legit talent and it being a passing league nonetheless)

Basically the only people left in the passing game and secondary are Seymour, Tyrod, clay (contract made it impossible to move on) and some real deep depth guys that may or may not make the roster but they had no real incentive to decide on earlier in the offseason. Even the backup qbs are both flipped.

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm penciling Powell and Lewis as likely gone, but maybe. Was kind of penciling in the 53 and amazed how many talented guys were churned this offseason in those two groups (specifically as units that had legit talent and it being a passing league nonetheless)

Ah, gotcha

There has been A LOT of turnover. Hopefully it works

Initially hated the trade because I loved the Tyrod to Sammy connection. Sammy is a star receiver who is uncoverable but it makes sense to plan for life after the Marcia reign ends. Love the added picks for 2018. Darby was a nice find but hopefully we come up with another. I don't know a lot about Gaines but we have Seymore waiting. Onward and upward.

Beane talked about signability. That may have been a big factor. And no one on this board would know that. Could be Sammy's agent told the Bills no matter what he was going to test the FAmarket. Look back at Lynch, which has been brought up a lot in the past 24 hours. Lynch's agent went to Buddy and told him that Lynch would not sign another deal with the Bills. So Buddy did what he could.

WhenBeane said there's a lot of factors that go into making a deal like this, he means what he says. And some of those we as fans just aren't privy to. I don't like the trade because I think Sammy is on the verge of being an elite guy in this league. But I don't have all the background information either.

I'm still stunned but it's a good move all around. It's basically a bet on Sammy's foot or any other ailment that might pop up. Let's face it - he's been pretty fragile in a Bills uniform. If you're going with his proven track record then you can only count on him for maybe 10-12 games this season without even knowing what the docs are saying to the FO.

That's quite a load of draft picks now for a supposedly QB- rich draft. Clearly indicates this FO is looking at all of them hard and more. Clearly a refreshing change from the "hope a franchise QB lands in our laps" philosophy of the last 20 years.

The Falcons and Cowboys took the bet on Julio Jones and Dez Bryant with the same injuries and those guys worked out.

Betting against a talent like Watkins now after he's past the foot issue is stupid.

The Rams may get Julio Jones 2.0 in his prime for a second rounder and filler.

This trade is a joke unless Sammy continues to suffer injuries and miss major time.

Beane talked about signability. That may have been a big factor. And no one on this board would know that. Could be Sammy's agent told the Bills no matter what he was going to test the FAmarket. Look back at Lynch, which has been brought up a lot in the past 24 hours. Lynch's agent went to Buddy and told him that Lynch would not sign another deal with the Bills. So Buddy did what he could.

WhenBeane said there's a lot of factors that go into making a deal like this, he means what he says. And some of those we as fans just aren't privy to. I don't like the trade because I think Sammy is on the verge of being an elite guy in this league. But I don't have all the background information either.

And the Bills could have said, "well that's great but we have the franchise tag." The Bills held the cards.

The Falcons and Cowboys took the bet on Julio Jones and Dez Bryant with the same injuries and those guys worked out.

Betting against a talent like Watkins now after he's past the foot issue is stupid.

This trade is a joke unless Sammy continues to suffer injuries and miss major time.

This SUMS up the entire Watkins trade. This crap, we would not, or could not have resigned him is lame and false information people use to rectify the situation or trade in their head.

Many Bills fans cannot see we got bent over due to a horrible FO decision is head scratching to me. Strike #2 already letting Gilmore walk to the Pats whom I guarantee will light up the Pats secondary and most likely make the PB for nothing,

Add: Typical Bills FO BS at it's finest. So, next year we draft a QB in the 1st rd = great and about time. The following year we spend another 1st pick on WR for our shiny new QB as we don't have a true #1 WR now that can stretch the field. THIS is a complete waste and improper way to build the team when your #1 WR was still very young and on the team already.

Edited by Real McCoy

I think I know what you mean. There have been guys who were downright douchebags, but were at least douchebags with passion, and a modicum of football knowledge. I won't mention names, but I'm sure you could come up with a few. I just don't care for the stupidly rude insults. I'm never impressed with someone who confuses blithe, internet-cliched insult with debate.

You're coming from a good place man, but I promise, no one takes J6P callin them an idiot personally.

It's not even close. In a lot of drafts there is not even one player in the entire draft who is a consensus star. In Sammy's year he was the only player. The year after I don't think there was one. This year's draft there was not one.

Ha ha Clowney wasn't a consensus star?

Let's slow down.

We aren't NE.

NEs model of success is BB and Brady.

We don't have two hall of famers and possibly the best coach/QB of all time.

Almost impossible formula to repeat.

We could have Tom Brady, trade him tomorrow and you'd find some bull **** excuse to justify it for the organization.

You know what NE has to allow them to make these types of moves? A franchise QB. These trades are putting us in position to get that guy, especially with such a strong QB class.

But you're a whining and crying is preventing you from seeing the big picture. Even if we find success for this down the road, you'll find something else to B word about. You and Jerry Sullivan should have a podcast.

I'm a Watkins fan but to say we are tanking is a big stretch.

Sammy hasn't been Sammy for 2 years and we didn't lose games last year because of our offense, our offense scored points without Sammy. It was the defense that was a mess. Offensively at worst we have = WR talent to what was on the field last year.

From the moment McDermott got here Darby has been considered a poor fit for zone coverage and it doesn't seem like people are stressed over losing him, if anything I think that deal was very one sided to our side.

If TT stays healthy and our front 4 dominates I think 8-8 is a strong possibility. And if we pull that off, .500 with an arsenal of picks heading into the draft will wipe away the sting I've felt over losing Aaron, Gillislee, and Sammy this year

This SUMS up the entire Watkins trade. This crap, we would not, or could not have resigned him is lame and false information people use to rectify the situation or trade in their head.

Many Bills fans cannot see we got bent over due to a horrible FO decision is head scratching to me.

Add: Typical Bills FO BS at it's finest. So, next year we draft a QB in the 1st rd = great and about time. The following year we spend another 1st pick on WR for our shiny new QB as we don't have a true #1 WR now that can stretch the field. THIS is a complete waste and improper way to build the team when your #1 WR was on the team already.

You really think it's that farfetched that Sammy didn't want to be in a predominantly run team with a passing offense ranked at the bottom 2 years in a row?

You don't need to trade Sammy !@#$ing Watkins to get a franchise QB.

Seriously???

Let's trade all the talent on the roster just so they can be in position to take a completely UNKNOWN QB.

Brilliant.👍🏻

Did we trade all the talent or just one that was in a contract year, who is often injured, in a run heavy offense with a current QB who struggles inside the pocket?

Let Sammy walk after this season without getting anything in return. Brilliant. Wait, it's only brilliant if NE does it with Jones and Collins. NE stock piles picks its genius. Bills do it and you cry like my 2 year old.

You really think it's that farfetched that Sammy didn't want to be in a predominantly run team with a passing offense ranked at the bottom 2 years in a row?

or if sammy would not have shown the production this year to warrant the money i'm sure he's going to want to get. i'm not even saying the trade was right or wrong, but there was a very strong scenario that sammy would have walked and the bills got nothing.

Edited by teef

Watkins could become JJ and have no more injury issues and it doesn't mean the trade is a joke. SD traded with Atlanta many years ago, Atlanta got Michael Vick and SD got Ladanian Tomlinson among other things. The trade worked out well for both teams.

The Falcons and Dallas aren't contenders because they have great WR's, they both haven't had a game of musical chairs going on at QB like we have.

Let's see what happens with the 2018 draft before calling this trade a joke.

or if sammy would not have shown the production this year to warrant the money i'm sure he's going to want to get. i'm not even saying the trade was right or wrong, but there was a very strong scenario that sammy would have walked and the bills got nothing.

The Bills had the option of applying the Franchise Tag to retain his rights.

You're coming from a good place man, but I promise, no one takes J6P callin them an idiot personally.

Ha ha Clowney wasn't a consensus star?

Let's slow down.

I thought he strayed a little far in the statement but you think that Clowney had consensus?