RODAK: Watkins Trade Sets Up TT To Fail

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Tyrod we weren't going to be a primary "pass" team anyway. We all hope and pray that the light will go on for Tyrod and he'll stand tall and sling the ball around, but that likely ain't ever going to happen. The Bills are still setup to be a running team. Nothing has changed there. When we do have to pass, it's not like we don't have any talent, and Boldin is perfect for Tyrod. Tough and still able to get separation in the short passing game with hands of stickum. We'll be fine.

Rodak has always been an alias for Jerry Sullivan. The Bills could donate money to cancer research and he'd find fault with it. He's a hack.

Edited by Gavin in Va Beach

I look at it completely different.

Matthews is reliable and productive.

Watkins wasn't both of those.

Matthews is far from reliable with his stone hands. He may be on the field but as a Philly fan you will see how bad he really is

Scheme fit? We better not be trying for a pass longer than 8 yards, with 0 YAC.

Zay, Boldin and Matthews are all slot guys. I know Taylor's OVER THE MIDDLE problems have been over stated but this looks like the exact wrong mix to help him.

Looks like a perfect setup to give Peterman success. Trade Tyrod to Cleveland and hope he takes them to a better record then the Bills.2018 draft is looking better by the day. Edited by xRUSHx

With Tyrod we weren't going to be a primary "pass" team anyway. We all hope and pray that the light will go on for Tyrod and he'll stand tall and sling the ball around, but that likely ain't ever going to happen. The Bills are still setup to be a running team. Nothing has changed there. When we do have to pass, it's not like we don't have any talent, and Boldin is perfect for Tyrod. Tough and still able to get separation in the short passing game with hands of stickum. We'll be fine.

Rodak has always been an alias for Jerry Sullivan. The Bills could donate money to cancer research and he'd find fault with it. He's a hack.

Welcome back, my friend. WELCOME BACK. Don't be a stranger.

orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif

Scheme fit? We better not be trying for a pass longer than 8 yards, with 0 YAC.

Zay, Boldin and Matthews are all slot guys. I know Taylor's OVER THE MIDDLE problems have been over stated but this looks like the exact wrong mix to help him.

Um.....I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Bills aren't building around Tyrod Taylor.

Just a hunch.

Sammy's shipped sailed long ago.

Potential for production in the Matthews trade, plus a pick!

I'll take it. What do we have to lose, Sammy might not have been here next season. 🤷‍♀️

Or maybe Sammy comes back next season...

Actually I don't think it is setting him up for failure as much as it is setting him up to prove himself without his go to WR. If he is really "set up to fail" because of one player than he isn't the franchise QB we are looking for anyway.

And what was Sammy's great contribution last year, 430 yards and 2 Tds, so setting up for failure seems to be an exaggeration to begin with.

agreed. A quality signal caller will succeed without one parttime player. Did Sammy ever catch the winning TD or change the course of a game?

Actually I don't think it is setting him up for failure as much as it is setting him up to prove himself without his go to WR. If he is really "set up to fail" because of one player than he isn't the franchise QB we are looking for anyway.

And what was Sammy's great contribution last year, 430 yards and 2 Tds, so setting up for failure seems to be an exaggeration to begin with.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with this.

How can anyone not agree with this? I'm not a TT fan but they completely screwed him. All last year, Tyrod defenders said there wasn't enough talent at wr. Well, Sammy finally looked healthy and good & we had a solid group. Now we essentially have a bunch of Robert Woods' WRs.

Tyrod is one of the worst passing starting qbs and we just took away the one person who scared defenses in the passing game. We have no speed for a qb whose best throws are deep passes.

Matthews is far from reliable with his stone hands. He may be on the field but as a Philly fan you will see how bad he really is

Anyone who is touting Matthews because of his stats have never watched him play. He was given more opportunity to make plays and failed a lot. There was talk he might be their #4 wr this year.

How can anyone not agree with this? I'm not a TT fan but they completely screwed him. All last year, Tyrod defenders said there wasn't enough talent at wr. Well, Sammy finally looked healthy and good & we had a solid group. Now we essentially have a bunch of Robert Woods' WRs.

Tyrod is one of the worst passing starting qbs and we just took away the one person who scared defenses in the passing game. We have no speed for a qb whose best throws are deep passes.

Maybe this is just literally a sink or swim season for Taylor.

Maybe McDermott is thinking that Watkins was too injury prone anyway and we could have gotten something for him, but if he was healthy he was going to be too much of a crutch to really evaluate if Taylor could be the long term answer.

Now that he's gone, if Taylor plays really well, there aren't going to be too many questions.