Uber info for New Era

Uber charges customers what they think they will pay for a trip, if you go an airport, stadium, concert etc they will always charge a higher rate. Set your drop off location to a nearby grocery store, when the driver arrives just say oops I think I entered the wrong address and change it to the stadium.

The trip will then calculate by the miles and not the assigned price that's given or the higher rate. Just trying to save my fellow fans a few bucks. FWIW the driver will be paid the same, he gets paid by mileage. The extra charges going into Uber's bank account not anyone else's.

I would rent a car and have a designited driver, the premium Peak rates are triple the normal rates I have found and not worth it.

Uber surging is still cheaper than a rental and hiring a DD, then you don't have to worry about returning the rental, filling the rental with gas, paying extra for insurance, etc.

Pro Tip:

Walk to ECC and get picked up there

That corner is a zoo post-game. Not going to be easy getting a car or getting out.

I think they're managing it by not allowing left turns off Abbott after the games.

BTW, it's awesome that Hammer's Lot has a dropped pin on Google Maps. Now very easy to direct people when meeting up.

Uber charges customers what they think they will pay for a trip, if you go an airport, stadium, concert etc they will always charge a higher rate. Set your drop off location to a nearby grocery store, when the driver arrives just say oops I think I entered the wrong address and change it to the stadium.

The trip will then calculate by the miles and not the assigned price that's given or the higher rate. Just trying to save my fellow fans a few bucks. FWIW the driver will be paid the same, he gets paid by mileage. The extra charges going into Uber's bank account not anyone else's.

Found this out the hard way. Went to see Kings of Leon this weekend in Cuse. Lady tried to charge us 70$ for a 10 min ride from Lakeview Amphitheater to our hotel.

Laughed and said I'll pass.

Found this out the hard way. Went to see Kings of Leon this weekend in Cuse. Lady tried to charge us 70$ for a 10 min ride from Lakeview Amphitheater to our hotel.

Laughed and said I'll pass.

Then it wasn't an Uber ride. You know what the charge would be ahead of time before you even get an assigned driver

That is new information for me If true whoa.....I have used uber several times but some cities restrict access to airports and it is impossible to connect with at peak travel times anyway (JFK omgoodness) so there is that :-) muppy

Uber surging is still cheaper than a rental and hiring a DD, then you don't have to worry about returning the rental, filling the rental with gas, paying extra for insurance, etc.

Pro Tip:

Walk to ECC and get picked up there

I've taken Uber to and from NFL and MLB games in different cities. TO the game is a piece of cake. Getting back is much trickier. You have to be able to walk out of the zoo to a place that's easy to find and be found. That doesn't seem that easy around the Ralph, but I could be wrong. The Uber zone after a Braves game is a nightmare. I take a pedestrian bridge over the highway to the galleria and it becomes simple. Same in Nashville, pedestrian bridge into town for a few drinks, then get picked up anywhere on a quiet corner. And I've never been stuck with crazy pricing. I'll probably Uber to The Bills/Falcons game coming up. Walk into town afterward, find a quiet corner and Presto!

That corner is a zoo post-game. Not going to be easy getting a car or getting out.

Actually, I think once past Big Tree, traffic is not bad. They say there is a lot there, I am not familiar with it, maybe Hammer can weigh as he knows best.

Citation needed. I have ubered to and from sporting events and concerts elsewhere before ridesharing came to NY. Only time I noticed inflated prices were when a surge was on.

That's never been the case in any of my rides and I use it for nearly every special event I go to

I've taken Uber to and from NFL and MLB games in different cities. TO the game is a piece of cake. Getting back is much trickier. You have to be able to walk out of the zoo to a place that's easy to find and be found. That doesn't seem that easy around the Ralph, but I could be wrong. The Uber zone after a Braves game is a nightmare. I take a pedestrian bridge over the highway to the galleria and it becomes simple. Same in Nashville, pedestrian bridge into town for a few drinks, then get picked up anywhere on a quiet corner. And I've never been stuck with crazy pricing. I'll probably Uber to The Bills/Falcons game coming up. Walk into town afterward, find a quiet corner and Presto!

That's my approach too

Is that the Bills map? o_O . Come on Partnership Marketing, you're better than that! Photoshop a logo on the actual area, make it Grammable. :beer:

For real though, I'm excited that Uber is in Buffalo and a Bills partner. I'm surprised the zone isn't over by California, that would have been my guess...

I'll be interested to hear folks experience tomorrow, though I'm sure with it being the first game there'll be some snafus.