Uber info for New Era

@buffalobills

Weve made getting home from game day easier with @Uber_NY, our official ridesharing partner!

Here's how

https://www.uber.com/blog/new-york/buffalo-bills-2017/

Theeeeere you go Uber / Bills ;-)

Still surprised it's across a street and that it is where it is.

I hear they offered Hammer $5MM to use his lot as the Uber stop, but he was like "Nah, I have to take care of my TBD people! MILLIONS BE DAMNED!". Or something like that... :beer:

I think that location kinda makes sense. I feel like 20A moves pretty quick now back toward 219 since they made it one-way after the games.

But that is the only direction you can go from there right? Kinda sucks if heading back into downtown or north to say Grand Island or the Falls. Stuck on Thruway traffic instead of being able to use RT 5.

But beggars cannot be choosers, and i happy they are there.

Good trial run tonight with prolly 30-35K there

Edited by plenzmd1

That's never been the case in any of my rides and I use it for nearly every special event I go to

That's my approach too

Do a little research all the information is out there. It won't say surge on these rides they just charge between 20-40 percent more knowing the ride is to an airport or event and if it's originating in the suburbs. I drove for them awhile back, my Uncle still does over 60 hours a week for them and has sent me plenty of screen shots showing exactly how it works.

Maybe people outside the 128 belt have gone to Lyft because of the pricing change, Lyft is not innocent in all this but seems they have been less aggressive than Uber with the pricing. Uber had their drivers sign an addendum stating that they no longer get 75 percent of the fare, they get paid the per mile/minute rate and Uber is going to charge what the customer will pay.

I wrote all that out to save people a few bucks and not mislead them. Honestly the best way to do it is make sure you download both apps and compare the prices and if you find it the price acceptable to you then take the ride.

You would need to be in a market that has "upfront pricing" to experience this. I'm not sure how wide spread that is, but I know it's in major cities.

Here is a spot to start your research, i don't have the time to put into this just giving a heads up http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-uber-drivers-lawsuit-20170429-story,amp.html

And here is the route based pricing which I gave the loophole for https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-05-19/uber-s-future-may-rely-on-predicting-how-much-you-re-willing-to-pay

Edited by Commonsense

Do a little research all the information is out there. It won't say surge on these rides they just charge between 20-40 percent more knowing the ride is to an airport or event and if it's originating in the suburbs. I drove for them awhile back, my Uncle still does over 60 hours a week for them and has sent me plenty of screen shots showing exactly how it works.

Maybe people outside the 128 belt have gone to Lyft because of the pricing change, Lyft is not innocent in all this but seems they have been less aggressive than Uber with the pricing. Uber had their drivers sign an addendum stating that they no longer get 75 percent of the fare, they get paid the per mile/minute rate and Uber is going to charge what the customer will pay.

I wrote all that out to save people a few bucks and not mislead them. Honestly the best way to do it is make sure you download both apps and compare the prices and if you find it the price acceptable to you then take the ride.

You would need to be in a market that has "upfront pricing" to experience this. I'm not sure how wide spread that is, but I know it's in major cities.

Here is a spot to start your research, i don't have the time to put into this just giving a heads up http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-uber-drivers-lawsuit-20170429-story,amp.html

And here is the route based pricing which I gave the loophole for https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-05-19/uber-s-future-may-rely-on-predicting-how-much-you-re-willing-to-pay

Google Maps recently added a price comparison feature between Uber & Lyft

I was wondering how much that would be as well. My worry would be being stranded in Buffalo because no drivers wanted to make the trip to Roch (and the return trip).

Open the app, it'll give you an estimate now!

I was wondering how much that would be as well. My worry would be being stranded in Buffalo because no drivers wanted to make the trip to Roch (and the return trip).

I've been Ubering/Lyfting for several years while traveling for work to Philly, DC, NYC. In my experience A.) They don't know your destination until you get in the car. B.) If they accept the fare, they accept the fare and C.) They make good money on long drives. I once had to Uber from Washington to Baltimore in an emergency to catch a flight, and the guy had zero issue with it.

Open the app, it'll give you an estimate now!

$101 right now from downtown ROC to the Nerf. Honestly, split among 2-4 people, with nobody having to worry about a DUI? Worth it.

Edited by jimmy10

I've been Ubering/Lyfting for several years while traveling for work to Philly, DC, NYC. In my experience A.) They don't know your destination until you get in the car. B.) If they accept the fare, they accept the fare and C.) They make good money on long drives. I once had to Uber from Washington to Baltimore in an emergency to catch a flight, and the guy had zero issue with it.

$101 right now from downtown ROC to the Nerf. Honestly, split among 2-4 people, with nobody having to worry about a DUI? Worth it.

yes it is worth it I agree

Someone I know from work said they paid over $27 to go from the stadium to downtown last night after the game. The car they were in was very clean and the driver very nice and talkative. The driver told them it was quite a hassle to get started, change his insurance, Etc. but he has not had a bad experience with a fair yet.