Sammy Can't Wait to Match Up Against Gilmore

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope they have enough to cover Anquan and Zay...and Shady....and Tyrod.

What does it matter? We have two safeties who have never started before, a rookie corner, Darby, some of the most unathletic 4-3 linebackers in the NFL and we are running a zone scheme against Tom Frickin Brady. If the Pats want to win those games they will score at will.

I love Tre, Darby, Hyde but these guys need time together and some more help in the middle of the field from better/quicker backers. Even then playing zone against Brady is like buttering Bill B's toast.

What does it matter? We have two safeties who have never started before, a rookie corner, Darby, some of the most unathletic 4-3 linebackers in the NFL and we are running a zone scheme against Tom Frickin Brady. If the Pats want to win those games they will score at will.

I love Tre, Darby, Hyde but these guys need time together and some more help in the middle of the field from better/quicker backers. Even then playing zone against Brady is like buttering Bill B's toast.

yep. Though Panthers did beat them a few years ago. But it's been a major issue for the Steelers when they play them, and Tomlin refuses to adapt.

yep. Though Panthers did beat them a few years ago. But it's been a major issue for the Steelers when they play them, and Tomlin refuses to adapt.

Well they drafted a few man corners and are trying to make the transition I think? Burns etc.

I just think it's a real stretch that the Pats need to be concerned with our offense when the defense we are adopting is Tom Brady's favorite snack besides avocado ice cream. Bills to to go 4-0 against Fins/Jets, forget about the Pats. As if Butler/McCourty/Gilmore aren't capable enough to limit TT!

Didn't see this earlier. And I mean no disrespect when I say I dismiss this PFF "analysis" out of hand. He even admits he's not sure why TT faces more zone than man given his "analysis". Doesn't matter. I know Belichick and I'd be surprised if he played more man coverage than zone vs. our personnel given TT's running ability. All coaches are reluctant to turn their backs against QBs like that, especially Belichick.

Sadly, yep.

Didn't see this earlier. And I mean no disrespect when I say I dismiss this PFF "analysis" out of hand. He even admits he's not sure why TT faces more zone than man given his "analysis". Doesn't matter. I know Belichick and I'd be surprised if he played more man coverage than zone vs. our personnel given TT's running ability. All coaches are reluctant to turn their backs against QBs like that, especially Belichick.

Yes they are and likey the reason the Running QBs faced more zone than expected.

But again what i did say is he should break his tendency to play zone against a mobile TT because TT is worse against man. And those numbers prove out my statement

They don't see NE until late in the season. We'll see where things stand by then, but NE will be a tough matchup for every opponent this season with the weapons they have on that team assuming they are all healthy.

I think BB has Butler on Sammy with McCourty on top.....Gilmore will be on Boldin with help from Harmon.....it will be fun to watch.....

I like our chances if they have four players covering two of ours.

They don't see NE until late in the season. We'll see where things stand by then, but NE will be a tough matchup for every opponent this season with the weapons they have on that team assuming they are all healthy.

Granted Cooks is no Randy Moss. However he is that skillset they have been missing in the Offense since Moss left.

If all healthy yes you can see another undefeated season with another very high powered offense.

Yes they are and likey the reason the Running QBs faced more zone than expected.

But again what i did say is he should break his tendency to play zone against a mobile TT because TT is worse against man. And those numbers prove out my statement

I caution you to take any "analysis" by PFF with a bolder of salt. I've been with NFL scouts who have laughed out loud at their stuff over the years.

No doubt about it. My hope is that the secondary comes together as the season goes along. I'm still under the impression that the entire LB crew needs an overhaul.

It would be great to see Watkins get some 1 on 1 with Gilmore. I will agree on that.

Hey, if we lose 40-14 but Watkins got 2 TDs vs Gilmore, some fans will have something to celebrate.....

Will the TDs come when the Pats are up 40-0 or when it's not total garbagetime.

Ooops, that wasn't necessary to ask that for the scenario to play out... :bag:

Not that this is news to you, but the truth is that when you face NE, you don't game plan for Gronk/Edelman/Cooks/etc; you game plan to try to limit how badly Brady can scorch you.

If I were running Buffalo's defense, it would be 100% about disrupting timing and forcing Brady to hold the ball longer than he likes. You can do some of that with CB play at the line, but you also need your LBs to be able to jam and get depth in their zones--not easy, but guys like Hodges and Milano/Vallejo were brought in because they have those skill sets.

But again, that's only half the battle, as the front 4 needs to create consistent pressure, otherwise Tommy will pick your zone apart.

The other part of the equations is that you absolutely must tackle well. NE is a team that thrives on simplicity in their attack. They know that tackling is a lost art, so if they can beat you with quick passes and take advantage of a missed tackle every play to gain 5-6 yards, they'll do it over and over.

Edited by thebandit27

Can't regular fans write for them?

Yeah and there's nothing wrong with that. Laymen watching TV replays and some All 22 can be interesting stuff at times. But it's not in proper context and that's important to remember.

Not that this is news to you, but the truth is that when you face NE, you don't game plan for Gronk/Edelman/Cooks/etc; you game plan to try to limit how badly Brady can scorch you.

If I were running Buffalo's defense, it would be 100% about disrupting timing and forcing Brady to hold the ball longer than he likes. You can do some of that with CB play at the line, but you also need your LBs to be able to jam and get depth in their zones--not easy, but guys like Hodges and Milano/Vallejo were brought in because they have those skill sets.

But again, that's only half the battle, as the front 4 needs to create consistent pressure, otherwise Tommy will pick your zone apart.

The other part of the equations is that you absolutely must tackle well. NE is a team that thrives on simplicity in their attack. They know that tackling is a lost art, so if they can beat you with quick passes and take advantage of a missed tackle every play to gain 5-6 yards, they'll do it over and over.

Drives me crazy. Everyone knows the offense. You need to press the WR's, disrupt the timing, try to make Brady hold the ball, and get pressure with your front 4.

Playing off on their WR's is stupid

Yeah and there's nothing wrong with that. Laymen watching TV replays and some All 22 can be interesting stuff at times. But it's not in proper context and that's important to remember.

Laypeople that can type in English are more valuable than those that leave me lost in 2 words from technical jargon.

Drives me crazy. Everyone knows the offense. You need to press the WR's, disrupt the timing, try to make Brady hold the ball, and get pressure with your front 4.

Playing off on their WR's is stupid

Oh yes, the Brady O has been cracked and destroyed, easypeasy simple as pie, for 15 straight years now...