NFL Cuts and soon to be Cuts

On September 2nd all 32 teams need to get down to 53 players, the league eliminated the first cut down date. Use this thread to list any cuts that are worth a mention and rumors of possible cuts.

I will go first. Jacoby Brissett is rumored to be on the outs in NE. This is coming from a handful of local reporters and a few national guys. The Pats don't like carrying 3 QBs and apparently he hasn't taken a step forward.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On September 2nd all 32 teams need to get down to 53 players, the league eliminated the first cut down date. Use this thread to list any cuts that are worth a mention and rumors of possible cuts.

I will go first. Jacoby Brissett is rumored to be on the outs in NE. This is coming from a handful of local reporters and a few national guys. The Pats don't like carrying 3 QBs and apparently he hasn't taken a step forward.

Does this make him the 5th best quarterback in the AFC east now?

I still think it was stupid to eliminate the 1st cut down day. Hurts players chances to land on another roster IMHO

I would think that teams can cut players accordingly throughout the preseason.

It would seem odd for all the teams to cut nearly half their roster all at once.

Probably why owners voted it in

Specially the Veteren Cuts. Because unless there is a MAJOR injury to fill before week 1 with the late cut day now just allows teams the ability to wait one week before signing to the non guaranteed season contract (as everyone on 53 year pay becomes guaranteed week 1)

I still think it was stupid to eliminate the 1st cut down day. Hurts players chances to land on another roster IMHO

Not really. Pro personnel departments know who these guys are and they'll have even more game tape to evaluate fringe guys who get more reps in the final preseason games across the league.

I get why it was done to have max players available to not have to play key players in later Preseason games. But that is just as telling. Maybe should get rid of preseason

The owners want to move to two preseason games, but can't address it until the current CBA expires in 2021.

I read it somewhere that Reggie Ragland could possibly be cut. :thumbsup: Edited by H2o