Bills' OC: Tyrod Taylor 'can't wait for a route to open up

Meathead

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SO SICK OF THIS LIE. You all realize, this "16th in scoring defense" is total BS right? You want to know why we were "16th"? Because of ONE fluke shoutout with NO BRADY, NO JIMMY, and essentially NO GRONK facing a rookie QB with a hurt throwing hand.

Guess what...in the other 15 games without a BLATANT anomaly, our defense was 26th in the NFL is scoring allowed. So in 94% of our games, we were among the 6 worst teams on defense in the NFL, but you clinically obsessed people with hating on Taylor in any way you can, REFUSE to acknowledge how bad the def REALLY was. It was atrocious.

And considering Brady dropped 41 points on us a few weeks later when he wasn't suspended, had he played in week 4 they likely score enough to drop us to 28th in the NFL which would have made us a bottom 4 Defense last year.

AND NOBODY can PRETEND we still shut out the Pats with Brady. We probably give up 30 plus with even Jimmy playing. Again, still putting us in bottom 4.

So for christ sake, SHUTUP with this nonsense we were AVERAGE on defense because of one skewed stat from a complete fluke and anomaly given EXTRAORDINARY circumstances like the GOAT at QB being replaced with a crappy rookie QB with a hurt throwing hand.

PS: On the flip side, during the first 15 games TT played QB, we were tied for 3rd in total TD's scored behind only ATL and NO. But please, keep telling everyone our bottom of the league defense was somehow not that bad and TT is the biggest problem. Also the 5th highest scoring season in Bills history. Also the highest 2 scoring years in a row under TT outside the first 3 SB years. And all done with a ridiculous amount of injuries to all our skill players on the offense.

PPS: This is why people like you MAJbobby can't be taken seriously on your posts. You literally make believe something like the defense being "average" just to keep slamming your anti TT agenda. Doesn't matter what you think about TT...love him or hate him...it doesn't change the fact the defense was literally and factually one of the worst in the NFL and had a fluke anomaly skew the year end average to make it look different than it REALLy was.

On the flip side - if you take out the highest scoring game on offense we go from 10th to 15th.

Yes because that is the same thing *sarcasm* We are not talking about a normal situation. You think the shoutout against the Pats is VALID gauge of our defensive performance last year? Seriously, anyone who puts stock in that fluke is delusional.

You just compared a team missing Brady, arguably the best player ever to do it, and even missing his competent backup to a game where we scored a lot of points without the same type of situation. Add in, they also started a lowly regarded rookie with a hurt throwing hand in their place. Oh, and one of the best TE's in football history also was hurt and barely played other than a couple decoy routes.

But keep trying to defend the defense as if the performance in the other 15 games wasn't substantially more accurate to the quality of defense we were last year.

I'm not arguing with you... a 45 point game against SF is probably about as much as an outlier shutout against a 3rd string QB with a broken thumb. Care to find a specific post I've made that defends the defensive performance from last year? Since i "keep trying to defend" them.

I'm not arguing with you... a 45 point game against SF is probably about as much as an outlier shutout against a 3rd string QB with a broken thumb. Care to find a specific post I've made that defends the defensive performance from last year? Since i "keep trying to defend" them.

Sorry your post came across that way, and took it wrong. Just tired of the non-logical argument that the D was "average" to try and further slam TT by certain people around here. I deleted my reply to you.

Its not about TT, its about just how bad the D really was. And it was terrible..one of the worst 4 to 6 units in the NFL.

While the offense was among the highest scoring in the NFL despite missing its best receiver and seeing many of the other WR's play hurt or miss games, the OL battle injuries, McCoy get hurt and miss all or parts of 3 games, etc all combined with a weak coaching staff.

Make no mistake about it, Taylor has a lot to prove this year and now that he's got a good stable of weapons (even if Sammy struggles with injuries again), this is the year he needs to make a step forward or its time to get aggressive with our 2 first rounders next year on getting a top QB prospect. But for people to pretend our D was average last year is ridiculous, and its only being done by people trying push an anti-TT agenda.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Sorry your post came across that way, and took it wrong. Just tired of the non-logical argument that the D was "average" to try and further slam TT by certain people around here. I deleted my reply to you.

Its not about TT, its about just how bad the D really was. And it was terrible..one of the worst 4 to 6 units in the NFL.

While the offense was among the highest scoring in the NFL despite missing its best receiver and seeing many of the other WR's play hurt or miss games, the OL battle injuries, McCoy get hurt and miss all or parts of 3 games, etc all combined with a weak coaching staff.

Make no mistake about it, Taylor has a lot to prove this year and now that he's got a good stable of weapons (even if Sammy struggles with injuries again), this is the year he needs to make a step forward. But for people to pretend our D was average last year is ridiculous, and its only being done by people trying push an anti-TT agenda.

With similar production from their offense - same coordinator, same low passing numbers, same high rushing numbers, low turnovers- the 49ers were perennially in the playoffs and almost won a super bowl. The difference is that the 49ers mediocre-good offense, was complemented by a top 5 defense. We didn't have anything resembling that.

Edited by dneveu

Yes the only team lower than 26 was the Falcons at 27. However, if the Pats have Brady week 4 (or even Jimmy) and score 32 points or more, we would fall to 28th which would put us 2 spots below the Falcons who would then be at 26th. And considering Pats always put up 30+ on us and put up 41 on us a few weeks later, its pretty safe to say a Brady led Pats team hits at least 30 on us in week 4 given the overall atrocious play of the D.

So I would say it was safe to say we were worse than all 4 of those teams.

Outside the Pats fluke, we gave up an average of 25.2 its in the other 15 games. Atl gave 25.4 its per game.

Plus, it's not like a single Bills fan has ever tried to say that Tyrod is as good as (or better than) Matt Ryan, Derek Carr or Aaron Rodgers, so it's more/less a moot point anyway. Everybody knows Tyrod is not as good as those 3 QBs...

The only QB who people have said Tyrod is as good as (or better than) is Ryan Tannehill, and Miami's defense was 19th in points allowed IIRC.

Miami also had much better overall coaching and arguably more luck. Miami definitely had a better season overall but IIRC They won 6 one score games last season and Buffalo lost 6 one score games last season. Reverse some of those for both teams and things look a bit different. You can see where having the 19th PPG defense vs the 26ppg defense could factor in.

I was glad to see you bring up how badly that one Pats game affects the Bills average in points allowed. I understand the argument that it's not fair to take a game off the schedule and I (somewhat) agree. But I would guess that there are not many other teams who had 1 single game skew their PPG that greatly (especially when you factor in all the circumstances surrounding that game).

On the flip side - if you take out the highest scoring game on offense we go from 10th to 15th.

But what happens if Tyrod plays the Jets game? Obviously we don't know the result, but I have to think it'd be better than the game EJ put together.

I believe the Bills were 7th in scoring before that last Jets game, with a very real chance to land somewhere between 4-6 with a decent performance.

Like I said above though, I do understand that taking a game off the schedule can skew any team's averages and agree with that foe the most part. But I do think that Pats game and the circumstances surrounding it has to be taken into account, especially with how much that single game changes the average.

It was just a joke. Like many men, I actually have never won an arguement with my wife. She has absolutely no interest in logic or facts, just how it makes her feel to be disagreed with. Sorry for the detour into non-Bills territory. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Is your wife Maury Ballstein?

Make no mistake about it, Taylor has a lot to prove this year and now that he's got a good stable of weapons (even if Sammy struggles with injuries again), this is the year he needs to make a step forward or its time to get aggressive with our 2 first rounders next year on getting a top QB prospect. But for people to pretend our D was average last year is ridiculous, and its only being done by people trying push an anti-TT agenda.

The D was average...save for a few games where they got gashed in the rum game. They played a big part in all seven wins, and they gave Taylor a chance against Oakland and Seattle.

One thing is undeniable...the winning formula for this team seems to be good defense and a strong run game.

TT hasn't proven he can win in any other scenario

Except 15 other teams played the same team we scored 45 against. We're the only team who played against the Pats' injured third string QB.

The former is statistically relevant. The latter is not.

The D was average...save for a few games where they got gashed in the rum game. They played a big part in all seven wins, and they gave Taylor a chance against Oakland and Seattle.

One thing is undeniable...the winning formula for this team seems to be good defense and a strong run game.

TT hasn't proven he can win in any other scenario

I'm sorry, but did you just suggest that giving up 69 points in two games is "giving Taylor a chance"? You guys are in maximum troll mode today.

Edit: By "you guys," I don't mean dneveu. I mean Crusher, Maury, MAJBobby. The Three Musketrolls.

Edited by MPT

Except 15 other teams played the same team we scored 45 against. We're the only team who played against the Pats' injured third string QB.

The former is statistically relevant. The latter is not.

I'm sorry, but did you just suggest that giving up 69 points in two games is "giving Taylor a chance"? You guys are in maximum troll mode today.

Edit: By "you guys," I don't mean dneveu. I mean Crusher, Maury, MAJBobby. The Three Musketrolls.

The defense tightened up when it mattered against Seattle, and the defense broke in Oakland after numerous consecutive three and outs and a INT on our own side of the field.

Both games were there for TT to deliver, and he failed.

Sorry you can't deal with that

The defense tightened up when it mattered against Seattle, and the defense broke in Oakland after numerous consecutive three and outs and a INT on our own side of the field.

Both games were there for TT to deliver, and he failed.

Sorry you can't deal with that

The whole game matters. All 60 minutes. The D allowed 31 points and 38 points.

Sorry you can't deal with that.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13