Bills' OC: Tyrod Taylor 'can't wait for a route to open up

Meathead

as soon as it becomes obvious the playoffs are out of reach. so then probably game five

lol. for a real over/under id say game fifteen. most teams are still mathematically alive with two to play. roster wise the bills are a .500 team so they will probably torture us on the fringe all season. only to rip our hearts out once again

see you there

Yeah it's always a blast. Especially when "the mathematically eliminated" threads starts. Can't wait!

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh you know not much, some recipe sharing, Tyrod bash/defending, and trying to figure out if aliens exist; what about you?

Just makes my day. Thank you Cap'n M !!

we really need a "like" button < Oh Wise and Venerable Moderators of Great Powers and Wonderments .

at least consider it

I think there is a real chance Tyrod does not start after the break. If he can't do what the OC and others have asked, and there is no reason to think that he can, I just don't think this staff will stick with him. They have no committment to him and they may want to see what Peterman can do i.e. ideally as a starter/placeholder after they get their guy next year. The QB needs to have good chemistry with his receivers to run a WC offence variant and for Tyrod thats a tall order, especially when having to deal with NFL corners, safeties and outside LBs. It just isn't easy to do, even if your name is Brady or Manning.

If it can be learned I hope Tyrod figures it out. If he does, this O can make some noise.

My stance as well. Been speaking about this since Dennison and Co. came on.

Tyrod either will throw the damned ball or they will fine someone who will.

I am in the minority Taylor will indeed get his jock sorted and make that noise you mentioned.

Fair post starry .

one thing is, I think they are going to stick with TT even he is mediocre again. Lets not force Peterman. and he really is a longshot at bets still.

Bills are cued for QB next draft as mentioned

Can't refute it. and maybe you've hit on the nuance.

Perhaps..

TT can throw with anticipation on certain slowly developing routes. But the short and medium routes, that happen in 1-2 seconds, develop so quickly some/him can't process at the speed necessary to be effective at the NFL level.

I suspect constant reps can help, even if you never get all the routes combos and timing worked out, to master a subset. Which may be the development the OC eludes to.

Instead of feeling it, you just execute the script you've rehearsed

My Man 29.

By gum I think you have it.

well done

:thumbsup:

Week 12 is my guess.

maybe so...either way, it is all entertaining speculation til showtime...One thing I can't stop thinking about though is that even if Tyrod has a good season, I would hate to see the Bills miss out on such a good crop of QB prospects next year.

gotta take one as if you are looking Franchise. My tone might soften by seasons end, we shall see..

Great point about the height and lane vision. Bills O line needs to do more work moving players to a spot than most teams i could imagine. Clearing out the short yardage passing lanes Taylor might need to watch for the window to open between linemen more than those taller fellows.

really something to consider for both our O coordinator and the opposing D coordinator I bet !

Right. I think people are jumping to conclusion here. I'm not sure he's saying this is a problem. It's the next step after learning the plays - learning when throw it.

good post all around 66

Were did i say that. I said Points run up against bad teams ie how many we hang against a bad San Fran team?

33 against Bad AZ

30 against Bad Rams

45 against Bad San Fran

33 against Bad Cle

So 141 of Bills 399 against 4 teams.

Leaving 21.5 ppg against remaining 12 teams.

So yes scoring was run up against bad teams (drops even more if you take out Defensive scores) both on the run up against bad teams and overall

15 other teams played those same teams. Some got to play them twice. How did they do?

Tyrod's problem is his lower body is never the same, because he's always looking to run.

One good thing is he has a lot of room for improvement. The league's afraid of his deep ball and his running. Small improvements in the running game could add up to a lot. I hope Bolden can be a leader here. A vet with a ring has been missing from the Bills for a long time.

There it is. So how big was the increase in Shady numbers from Kevin Kolb to TT?

From 6 starts together (I didn't count the 7th because Kolb was injured after ten attempts and Vick took over):

McCoy 96 rush 370 yards 2 TD

Not nearly as good as with TT. Maybe next time you should actually do some research yourself.

Chances are that any game manager type gets us exactly the same number of wins. Look at all seven, and you'll see the Bills gave up a mere 14ppg. You'll see that TT wasn't a huge factor in any of those wins...mediocre at best play.

You give TT too much credit

Considering the anti-Tyrod contingent has put zero effort into coming up with their own data to support their arguments, I'll assume you selectively remembered that statistic from my post that detailed the following:

Defense ppg in wins 14.1

Defense ppg in losses 31.1

Offense ppg in wins 28.7

Offense ppg in losses 23.5

And that includes the shutout of New England, which doesn't even come close to happening if Tom Brady is playing (the Patriots scored 41 the next time we played them... in Buffalo)

Claiming the defense was responsible for our wins and the offense was responsible for our losses is comical. You brought up the ppg stat, so take a look at the numbers you conveniently omitted. Then try and make that claim again with a straight face.

Here's something else to think about:

Tyrod in wins:

114/184 1174YDS 7TD 2INT

326YDS 2TD rushing

Tyrod in losses:

152/255 1849YDS 10TD 4INT

254YDS 5TD rushing

An astute observer might notice that he actually performed more like a "franchise QB" in tougher games, while the defense performed more like a "melted slice of Swiss cheese."

And before anyone tries to explain it away with a "garbage time" excuse, I'll just point out that the only game that could possibly be considered a garbage time situation is one in which the opposing running back broke a franchise record for rushing yards and set the single-game high for the season. And that game hardly helped out Tyrod's stats.

Obviously Tyrod needs to improve his anticipation and timing. Not only has no one ever claimed he didn't, but the people who actually support our starting QB constantly have to remind the anti-Tyrod fringe that no one is claiming that. And yet, we still get the jokers who insist there is a clandestine conspiracy to proclaim him the perfect quarterback. I would submit that Tyrod's supporters actually know his weaknesses better than his haters, simply due to the fact that they choose to be informed.

From 6 starts together (I didn't count the 7th because Kolb was injured after ten attempts and Vick took over):

McCoy 96 rush 370 yards 2 TD

Not nearly as good as with TT. Maybe next time you should actually do some research yourself.

Which qb's helped him in 2011,2013, and 2014 ?