Bills' 2017 Training Camp Discussion - Week 3

My Eagles friends thin Matthews will only be moved for a starting CB. They really think Agholor is the one likey to be moved before Matthews.

Do think Kendricks gets moved though.

Agholor is closer to the niche we're looking for, I just assumed with Matthews on the outs that he was winning the battle for the slot.

:lol:

https://twitter.com/JoeBuscaglia/status/894571586728198144

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ragland might be the biggest unknown on the entire roster. Drafted by a different regime to play a different position, with question marks about coverage ability, and then injured to boot so there's no tape of him in an NFL game.

It's probably a stretch to say I "feel bad" for the guy, but I certainly empathize with what he's going through. I hope he is regaining his confidence and has skills that can translate to McD's defense.

Rags is dead in this defense. He was drafted to be the big inside thumper protected by the lineman from blockers. The David Harris job. One of 4 LBs. Now he is one of only 3 LBs with much larger run/pass responsibilities. Doubt he sticks long term. Lawson with his hand in the turf fits the new defense perfectly vs. the Rex D. Rags probably doesn't fit it at all. This is what happens when you blow it all up. Some guys fit great, others don't fit at all, regardless of where the old regime drafted them. Is what it is.

Edited by jmcraig44

Rags is dead in this defense. He was drafted to be the big inside thumper protected by the lineman from blockers. The David Harris job. One of 4 LBs. Now he is one of only 3 LBs with much larger run/pass responsibilities. Doubt he sticks long term. Lawson with his hand in the turf fits the new defense perfectly vs. the Rex D. Rags probably doesn't fit it at all. This is what happens when you blow it all up. Some guys fit great, others don't fit at all, regardless of where the old regime drafted them. Is what it is.

I guess I'm not ready to throw dirt on him just yet.

Oh they will. The headline will read 'Taylor throws incompletion.'

Vic Carucci & Matt Schneidman already have a video report up on Day Ten completely negative about Taylor (and the Bills' quarterbacks in general).

I sensed our intrepid reporters had their backs up. If Tyrod's gonna get uppity, he'll quickly see where that gets him.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/07/video-teams-takeaway-bills-training-camp-day-ten/

Edited by grb

Let's go live to transplant..

randy_copy3.jpg?itok=YsoCKrka

More at 11.

Perfect!

@SalSports

Maybe the best think a Bills fan can read today: Tyrod ended a 2:00 drill with a 20-yd TD pass. To Charles Clay. In the middle of the field.

Three check marks here. Good stuff.

I guess I'm not ready to throw dirt on him just yet.

I'm with ya. Coming back from major injury, no NFL experience, possible outcast; he has a big hurdle to climb. There are guys with experience that can take the role for now, and let Ragland get fully acclimated. He may not have the roaming capabilities that Kuechly has, but this defense uses a lot of zone, and double A gap zone blitz combos. His position shouldn't be in man coverage very often.

It's still very early, although it may end up being that he isn't a good fit. We'll see how he looks on Thursday. He should get a good amount of PT.

I agree. I can't see him sticking here and won't be surprised if he doesn't make the team.

Rick Dennison: "We're Catching On" (10:16)
Bills' OC Rick Dennison talks about the progression of the offense so far, what he expects to see from them in the first preseason, pros and cons of shared practices and more.

Watch: Bills Sign Boldin, Clay Caps TD Drive (2:42)
On a busy day from St. John Fisher, Bills' Insider Chris Brown breaks down the news of the day including the Bills signing free agent WR Anquan Boldin, Tyrod Taylor completing an impressive TD drive with a 20-yard pass to Charles Clay and more.