Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

7 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Great observation by Another Fan, and I frickin love Dog Day Afternoon!!!

Yes Cave has some pretty swift lyrical chomps.  Not sure if you caught it was an album posted, but if you click the three bars you'll probably know track 5.  And track 6 is holy crap level on the lyrics.  

Granted not necessarily party music heheheh

firstly I want to say your chat handle is very imaginative and I like it a lot 🙂

but secondly please keep posting. I have  a sense we are of different musical perspective in that you are posting a lot of new stuff for me Its awesome I really appreciate it

a thread like this is great and we all get to hear new music. I wish there was  a way to index the content so I can recall past posts from everyone and not jjust be guessing and flipping pages..Thoughts? This may be doable ad again something muppy doesnt know how to do 🙂

m

Edited by Muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Muppy said:

Wow this is crazy cool man. Gotta love rock n roll stories right? hahaa....the CBGB scene I have only heard of from some of my sons bandmates who actually played there and were a part of the scene there. I'll try to find some youtubes.

Many say 1985 was greatest year in punk. I was lucky to be born when I was- I was sophmore in HS.  I loved Punk, Altenative, Metal then and saw many a show at CBGB, and many cool 1980s shows

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Aww Muppy you are a favorite. I throw on music mostly because you remind me of a gal I adored, who lied to me, and told me she was 23, when I was 25, and it turned out she had a son who was a Marine, but I really liked her, and although I wondered if I ever met her son in person if he would possibly kill me for boinking his mom... well that didn't happen.  With that said, originally I thought she was my age for the first few weeks ...and she was almost as good looking as I was... anyway, glad to finally confess that off my chest... and I know it ain't maybe fair, per se,  but a bald guy throwing agro lyrics my way had better be DAMN good or it just is not music I want to get.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Aww Muppy you are a favorite. I throw on music mostly because you remind me of a gal I adored, who lied to me, and told me she was 23, when I was 25, and it turned out she had a son who was a Marine, but I really liked her, and although I wondered if I ever met her son in person if he would possibly kill me for boinking his mom... well that didn't happen.  With that said, originally I thought she was my age for the first few weeks ...and she was almost as good looking as I was... anyway, glad to finally confess that off my chest... and I know it ain't maybe fair, per se,  but a bald guy throwing agro lyrics my way had better be DAMN good or it just is not music I want to get.  

well Leon thanks dearie be well 🙂 GO BILLS!~!~! Its football Sunday. My life is a whirlwind from now until December basically... The music thread is helping keep me destressed and musically fufilled..its working! Cheers! (home remodeling and wedding reception , 3 birthdays, anniversary, evanescence show, Fighting Irish football, Christian ministry at RJ Donovan state prison, and BILLS GAMES with a partridge in a pear tree

whew...yepper.

7 hours ago, Muppy said:

firstly I want to say your chat handle is very imaginative and I like it a lot 🙂

but secondly please keep posting. I have  a sense we are of different musical perspective in that you are posting a lot of new stuff for me Its awesome I really appreciate it

a thread like this is great and we all get to hear new music. I wish there was  a way to index the content so I can recall past posts from everyone and not jjust be guessing and flipping pages..Thoughts? This may be doable ad again something muppy doesnt know how to do 🙂

m

I hope you know I massively appreciate your enthusiasm for music cross-spectrum... I have a stereo that I love... well, I built the friggin thing... that I certainly don't get to listen to nearly to as often as I'd like.  I apologize if I come across as a *****, or don't always get to other people's music being shared.  I know I'm missing out on some great stuff, but I love this thread, so and tune in as often as I can.  My apologies if I was randy- lots of life crap I seem to have found myself in the middle of solving.  

but

As Always,

***** the Jests!  )

(and maybe Mrs SDS can help us on this indexing plight, now that she's turned a sprightly 50... assuming they've gotten internet on the commune)

P

T.W.A.T.  Like SWAT, but different...

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Muppy said:

NYC to me was worlds away back in the day  in batavia...talk about worlds apargt eh pete....I was afraid of the vastness of it..Im glad I partook when I was older it was grand..what a Great city. Im in striking distance from NYC upstate I would guess I'll see it again  maybe on a vacation :-)))

and the Tom Petty doc very  cool 🙂 what an american treasure he was and is/ RIP ...m

Loooong story, but ***** it.  My (much older) sis married probably the most brilliant human being I've ever met.  He worked in radio, and was an inspiration to me.  He also gave Tom Petty, as far as I can gather, his first radio exposure- at least on the West coast.  I love this story from my sis- when she first met Petty at an after party, he said to her, 'I want you to know, before I get ***** up and it doesn't mean anything, that you're a Very beautiful woman'.  - She was talking with him with her fiancee, so it wasn't a pick up line... just a nice moment from a soon to be rock star.  

If you ever listen to The Last DJ... well those are the peeps

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Beck - Loser (Live 2003) - YouTube

look at the crowd here its massive. Lookie bebe faced Beck he was Young here. I never listened to his music very much but I like this :-)))

Edited by Muppy

11 hours ago, Muppy said:

and the original...

One of my favorite Tool songs.  Have you ever seen the video that was taken down for The Pot?  About the farmer trying to get the seed to grow.  Interesting video, it was up for a long time, now it's gone.

Edited by Pete

The Black Eyed Peas - Where Is The Love? (Official Music Video) - YouTube

What's wrong with the world, mama?
People livin' like they ain't got no mamas
I think the whole world's addicted to the drama
Only attracted to things that'll bring the trauma

#edited for brevity I do think this lyric is very profound.

Edited by Muppy

this is a montage of artists who are judges on a show Im watching on Fox called The Next Virtual superstar. Im liking it because it is so visual and creative and high tech 🙂

Edited by Muppy