NFL Willing to Work with Players on MJ for Pain Management

Once again - think of Randy Moss (30 for 30: Rand U) He was high during high school and college games. Why not the NFL?

You've surmised that 25% of NFL players are high during games based on Randy Moss supposedly being high in high school and college?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've surmised that 25% of NFL players are high during games based on Randy Moss supposedly being high in high school and college?

I'm using the same percentages that you use in claiming they don't. Based on our own #99, I'm think my estimate is conservative. As for the argument that the incidence rate goes down as the stakes get higher, once again, refer to #99's $100 million contract ("how could he do such a thing?")

So people only smoke weed when they're stressed out? Got it.

Wait...I thought you were the one who said they smoke after games in order to relax and unwind?

Are you ready for bed? Because you need to finish your homework before you go to bed. Now go finish your homework.

LOL with your thinking they should be smoking crack and meth the whole week leading up to the game. And then they can take the head off their opponent

Do you have anything that resembles constructive input or just generic snarkiness?

Wait...I thought you were the one who said they smoke after games in order to relax and unwind?

I don't think I said that.

My assumption (and this is pure speculation) is that they smoke after games. Why do I think that? Because I don't see how it can help if it's a pre-game ritual.

By the same token, my assumption is that players who drink a lot and are getting DWI's are probably not drinking pre-game.

I don't think I said that.

My assumption (and this is pure speculation) is that they smoke after games. Why do I think that? Because I don't see how it can help if it's a pre-game ritual.

By the same token, my assumption is that players who drink a lot and are getting DWI's are probably not drinking pre-game.

As far as I know, ETOH (whether pre-game or post-game) isn't illegal.

How does testing once per year prevent players smoking on their way to the stadium?

Players are not tested regularly unless they are already in the league's drug program (for failing a previous test). They could theoretically smoke on their way to the stadium right now, and since they won't have to take another drug test until next year, how would the coach know?

So again, it would be no different than it is now.

It's random. So yes it does. Many players have been caught and suspended.

You have no idea what the point is, do you? I'd think you'd be on the side of reason here, but even that escapes you.

You have no clue. The point is i don't want Bills players practicing or playing high.

But the high lasts for an hour or two.

Marijuana has many chemical components. Canabidol, or CBD, is where many of the medicinal benefits come from but you can't get a buzz from it.

So, legalize strains that are high in CBD and low in THC. If the medical mj movement is TRULY about medicine, do that. It's not, though. By and large, it's an excuse for people to get high.

...why do NFL guys smoke it?

Are they that stressed out? Don't they want to be more upbeat and on edge as a player?

I haven't smoked it (more of a beer guy), but the effects of pot (from what others have said) is contrary to what NFL players should be looking for in terms of their approach to the game (relaxed vs detail oriented). Am I wrong?

This post and subsequent comments by your are dripping with suburban ignorance, bias, and prejudice. If you're coming here, of all places, to get your information on the effects of weed, you need to spread your internet wings beyond TBD. Jesus. Do some research. And take the foil hat off, it's not 1955.

As far as I know, ETOH (whether pre-game or post-game) isn't illegal.

Maybe I missed the point of your post. I thought you were questioning why a player would smoke weed when it could negatively affect his performance.

I merely suggested that it was a post-game thing that wouldn't affect his performance and made a comparison to drinking.

...why do NFL guys smoke it?

Are they that stressed out? Don't they want to be more upbeat and on edge as a player?

I haven't smoked it (more of a beer guy), but the effects of pot (from what others have said) is contrary to what NFL players should be looking for in terms of their approach to the game (relaxed vs detail oriented). Am I wrong?

Are you really asking this?