NFL Willing to Work with Players on MJ for Pain Management

have you heard rumblings about it? the last i heard in ny was that it was going to be discussed in the local government right before their summer break. i haven't heard anything about it since. my understanding is cuomo doesn't want to be the guy to do it, so i don't know if it's going to take a new governor or what.

It is only a matter of time. My understanding is that NJ is likely to legalize next year. That will probably push NY to do so as NJ will get a windfall from NYers crossing over

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you heard rumblings about it? the last i heard in ny was that it was going to be discussed in the local government right before their summer break. i haven't heard anything about it since. my understanding is cuomo doesn't want to be the guy to do it, so i don't know if it's going to take a new governor or what.

Even the staunchest conservative gets dollar signs in their eyes when they see the tax revenue rolling in at recreational states. The bottom line is people smoke now and all that money goes untaxed and unregulated into the black market. If it's as dangerous as the naysayers claim it is, people would be dropping dead from it now.

It is only a matter of time. My understanding is that NJ is likely to legalize next year. That will probably push NY to do so as NJ will get a windfall from NYers crossing over

i always assumed that once nj or penn went legal, ny would finally give in as well. it would be great if nj went next, but like in ny, i thought christie was against it during his term.

Even the staunchest conservative gets dollar signs in their eyes when they see the tax revenue rolling in at recreational states. The bottom line is people smoke now and all that money goes untaxed and unregulated into the black market. If it's as dangerous as the naysayers claim it is, people would be dropping dead from it now.

on no doubt. i didn't even realize it, but there's a big grow facility here in rochester in one of the old kodak buildings. it's for medical use, but apparently it's an impressive set up.

I wish the US would just legalize it on a federal level. People need to speak up to get laws changed or they never will be. It's safer then the legal big pharma drugs, Tabacco and Alcohol. Stop the lies and legalize.

i always assumed that once nj or penn went legal, ny would finally give in as well. it would be great if nj went next, but like in ny, i thought christie was against it during his term.

on no doubt. i didn't even realize it, but there's a big grow facility here in rochester in one of the old kodak buildings. it's for medical use, but apparently it's an impressive set up.

Christie is against, but they hate him there. My understanding is that they will legalize the moment he is gone

I wish the US would just legalize it on a federal level. People need to speak up to get laws changed or they never will be. It's safer then the legal big pharma drugs, Tabacco and Alcohol. Stop the lies and legalize.

I don't buy into all the health claims of marijuana. (The stories are little too amazing, you know?) You need to study it properly, which it being on Schedule 1 prevents researchers from doing. That said, if people want to use it just to get baked, let 'em. They're doing it now. Make it legal, tax it, regulate it and educate people on its safe and proper use.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I don't buy into all the health claims of marijuana. (The stories are little too amazing, you know?) You need to study it properly, which being on Schedule 1 prevents researchers from doing. That said, if people want to use it just to get baked, let 'em. They're doing it now. Make it legal, tax it, regulate it and educate people on its safe and proper use.

The definition of schedule 1 is having no medicinal value. That is clearly false

Christie is against, but they hate him there. My understanding is that they will legalize the moment he is gone

That's my understanding too, and he will be gone soon. Christie destroyed any remains of the Republican brand here and Democrat Phil Murphy is pretty much a lock to win. He's running against Christie's lieutenant governor and all polls have it generally in about the 55-25 range.

I don't buy into all the health claims of marijuana. (The stories are little too amazing, you know?) You need to study it properly, which it being on Schedule 1 prevents researchers from doing. That said, if people want to use it just to get baked, let 'em. They're doing it now. Make it legal, tax it, regulate it and educate people on its safe and proper use.

i'm kinda with you on this. i think there are definite uses medically, but the big push by people really is for recreational use, which is great.

I have never heard an addict admit it was addicting to the addict tried to quit.

It may not be addicting to SOME but for some it is impossible to quit and they will steal to satisfy habit.

I promised myself I would stay out of this thread. I have too hard of a time ignoring Boyst and Gugny's troliing when it comes to mmj. However this post Limeaid is just fantastic :lol: It's just out of touch enough to be believable with enough ignorance to trigger my anger. Alas I have given up arguing this subject but none the less a good trolling attempt deserves some recognition. So to you I say well done :beer:

Unless of course you were serious. In which case :lol::lol: