Why protect Yates?

I'd sign kaepernick over Yates. Kaep gives us a better chance to win a game than Yates does, if tyrod goes down

I mean people need to stop with this I'm such a great American BS. CK has his faults but he is miles better than Yates. Yates is terrible. He dreams of being Matt Cassel.

If the Bills were serious about winning, they would cut Yates and sign CK. But it's the Bills so they won't.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean people need to stop with this I'm such a great American BS. CK has his faults but he is miles better than Yates. Yates is terrible. He dreams of being Matt Cassel.

If the Bills were serious about winning, they would cut Yates and sign CK. But it's the Bills so they won't.

I agree plus this is one of the few cities where he could lay low.

I agree plus this is one of the few cities where he could lay low.

The Spike Lee event coming up isn't gonna help him lay low.

He said he was standing this year for anthem (idc either way).

He's without a job because of his politics, no doubt.

He'd fit the offense behind Taylor too... but if Taylor struggles!? Fickle Fan Base.

Idk..

The Spike Lee event coming up isn't gonna help him lay low.

He said he was standing this year for anthem (idc either way).

He's without a job because of his politics, no doubt.

He'd fit the offense behind Taylor too... but if Taylor struggles!? Fickle Fan Base.

Idk..

As much as I think it is a complete joke that CK isn't employed in a league that drafts women beaters, Spike Lee and his girlfriend aren't helping matters.

But Yates is painful to watch. But why sign a guy with a 16 td to 4 int ratio, SB and playoff experience, when you have Yates and a rookie?

As much as I think it is a complete joke that CK isn't employed in a league that drafts women beaters, Spike Lee and his girlfriend aren't helping matters.

But Yates is painful to watch. But why sign a guy with a 16 td to 4 int ratio, SB and playoff experience, when you have Yates and a rookie?

Some team will do it... I don't think we will.

Everyone who thinks that CK is not employed ONLY because if his politics is being intentionally ignorant. He could be a much worse person but if he was one of the 15 best qbs on the planet he would signed. He is not in the top 25 qbs-he is probably between 25 and 40- but you do not bring in a headache to be backup. Also I have read in multiple places that he was asking for 12+ million a year which he is not getting. Michael Vick was hated by PETA and most animal lovers but Philly thought he could be top 5 QB and signed him in an instant. The NFL owners do not bring in headaches for backups-whether it be Tebow, CK, Manziel.

Yates is a solid vet that can make all the throws and will put the ball where it needs to be. He has been around and seen it all. If given an actual shot, Yates will push Tyrod a little. He is a borderline starter and excellent back up. Yates has won more play off games in his career then the Bills have in the past 23 years.

Yates is Cassel 2.0.

Yates is a solid vet that can make all the throws and will put the ball where it needs to be. He has been around and seen it all. If given an actual shot, Yates will push Tyrod a little. He is a borderline starter and excellent back up. Yates has won more play off games in his career then the Bills have in the past 23 years.

Lol you sure about this one?

Absolutely not a good place for him.

I think CK would be good complement to TT's style if he went down. Clearly Yates was awful and if he's the same next week then I would strongly consider it.

Honestly, this had gotten ridiculous... the guy can protest an issue that's important to him any relevant, non-violent way he wants to in order to call attention to it. Everyone doesn't have to agree with his approach, but there's no reason to black-ball him for it.

I get that even if the played the same exact game, people are going to act like the Rookie was miles better. Peterman looked good and I appreciate that. I hope he ends up being great but it was a half of preseason football against 3rd stringers. I also didn't think yates was terrible. He had 2 throws that looked terrible because the wrs never turned their heads around. If the performances of the two players remain similar, obviously the Bills will probably just keep the cheaper guy. I'm not saying yates was impressive, but I don't think he was as bad as people are saying. It was probably inbetween good and where fans and describing. It was a pretty pedestrian night for the offense across the board IMO. Not in any rush to get rid of Yates. No reason to rush.

The issue isn't that "Yates didn't play well" it is "that's who Yates is." He's a bad football player that knows the playbook.

i don't think he is a bad player. I would say that I have seen him come into tough spots in Houston and play well enough to help the team win. He has started a playoff game that they won. The bills haven't won a playoff game in 23 years. I'm not saying the guy is great or even good in most cases. But he's not bad IMO. I really didn't think he played that bad last night. There were at least 2 incompletions that were on the WRs. I'm not going to make excuses like he played well, but people are acting like he played like EJ in London. It wasn't really that bad. It was the 1st game of the preseason. Very little shown, very little done by the offense.

i don't think he is a bad player. I would say that I have seen him come into tough spots in Houston and play well enough to help the team win. He has started a playoff game that they won. The bills haven't won a playoff game in 23 years. I'm not saying the guy is great or even good in most cases. But he's not bad IMO. I really didn't think he played that bad last night. There were at least 2 incompletions that were on the WRs. I'm not going to make excuses like he played well, but people are acting like he played like EJ in London. It wasn't really that bad. It was the 1st game of the preseason. Very little shown, very little done by the offense.

He was 28-55 (50.9%) for 343 with 1 TD and 3 INTs in those 2 playoff games. Does he deserve credit for that? They won despite him and then lost because of him.

He's just not good. He's never been good. There's no reason to sugarcoat it. Yates is a smart QB, with some experience and very limited talent. He may make the team but if he's ever forced into action it won't be pretty.

He was 28-55 (50.9%) for 343 with 1 TD and 3 INTs in those 2 playoff games. Does he deserve credit for that? They won despite him and then lost because of him.

He's just not good. He's never been good. There's no reason to sugarcoat it. Yates is a smart QB, with some experience and very limited talent. He may make the team but if he's ever forced into action it won't be pretty.

You can say the same for the majority of NFL teams. Arguing about the best backup QBs is like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Yeah, Cassel is a much better player than Yates. Cassel is like a McCown. Solid veteran backups that can play a few games an not kill you. If you go into the year with them as more than that you are in trouble.

Tell the Cowboys that.