The Tyrod Taylor Question

The offense was 10th last year in scoring. Thats what matters. While Taylor isnt the greatest passer he does bring an extra dimension to the offense with his running ability. If the offense maintains or improves its productivity as a whole and we dont have a viable alternative Im bringing him back. I like how he doesnt turn the ball over. He can throw deep and he can make plays with his legs. Could do alot worse. Maintain the offense. Improve the defense. Your probably a playoff team.

Wasnt that due to the strength of the offense, the run game

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Afraid? I'm not afraid? These threads are going 570 something replies deep about how TT is at playing quarterback, you are one of the main contributors that keep these threads going so I wanted to see how good of a quarterback you thought he was?

Are you afraid to bet against a quarterback that has thrown 11 passes in the past two seasons and has a 1st round QB pressing down his elongated neck?

The answer is yes he is scared, he's already backing out. I applaud the bet, if I thought Tyrod was the 7th and 12th best qb the past two years I wouldn't be scared of Mike Glennon.

He's not scared to say Cian Fahey > Andy Benoit because he says nice things about Taylor.

This thread is a hoot.

Afraid? I'm not afraid? These threads are going 570 something replies deep about how TT is at playing quarterback, you are one of the main contributors that keep these threads going so I wanted to see how good of a quarterback you thought he was?

Are you afraid to bet against a quarterback that has thrown 11 passes in the past two seasons and has a 1st round QB pressing down his elongated neck?

I just like talking about the QB. I love football, but QB is really just the only position I'm interested in talking about. And Taylor has looked good enough to give me hope for the future.

If that's what a homer is, I guess I'm one of them. But I didn't think that's the way that term would be defined.

I'm not confident in saying anything about how he'll play this year. I'm going into the year with a really open mind because I could see him falling on his face and I could see him being really good. I'm glad we got those two extra first-round draft picks because if he falls on his face, I'll be eager to see who we draft in the first.

The answer is yes he is scared, he's already backing out. I applaud the bet, if I thought Tyrod was the 7th and 12th best qb the past two years I wouldn't be scared of Mike Glennon.

He's not scared to say Cian Fahey > Andy Benoit because he says nice things about Taylor.

This thread is a hoot.

Where did I say Taylor was the 7th to 12th best QB the last two years? I said I thought he was the 12th best in 2015, only 2015. If I were to put a number on 2016, he was probably somewhere around 20.

Bruh, try reading :doh:

Wasnt that due to the strength of the offense, the run game

As a team we ran the ball more than any team in the league, no doubt. But are you honestly asking if something other than the QB was most responsible for the offense's success?

Hint: Tyrod's total attempts last year were 573. All other Bills players combined passing and rushing totaled 439 attempts.

These threads are 570 posts deep because the same 10 people keep posting (I'm one of them). We have a decent starter. Some try to make himboyt to be better than he is and some worse. He's around 20 with a chance to higher and the best we've had in 15 years. If he's good enough remains to be seen. As of today he's not as good as Cam Newton and he's better than Mike Glennon. If we could all ageee on that we can move on.

These threads are 570 posts deep because the same 10 people keep posting (I'm one of them). We have a decent starter. Some try to make himboyt to be better than he is and some worse. He's around 20 with a chance to higher and the best we've had in 15 years. If he's good enough remains to be seen. As of today he's not as good as Cam Newton and he's better than Mike Glennon. If we could all ageee on that we can move on.

When the CoT apologizes to Andy Benoit we can shut it down.

Let's tie up the loose ends. Lol

So Mike Glennon is 19th ?

Being a Bills fan is getting damn complicated. Not only do we have to also root for whoever the Chiefs play, but now apparently need to root for Mike Glennon too. Incidentally, is everyone aware of the history there? Mike's older brother Sean Glennon was quarterback for Virginia Tech until Taylor first took an ever increasing percent of the snaps in a platoon system, then supplanted Glennon altogether. I think that put the kibosh on any hope the Hokies had of recruiting Mike

Edited by grb

Hunh?! Dude, you're all over the place... maybe that last time you had to change your username post "Ryan" ban messed up your mind a bit. Probably safer if you just ignore me :thumbsup:

Lash out and meltdown!!

You're fully checkmated by the Mike Glennon bet, I didn't know it was gonna be so effective.

Bravo Commonsense.

This thread is absolutely out of control with people selectively reading what they want to read and narrowly examining points in simple-minded fashion, often on purpose, rather than discussing the issues rationally and reasonably.

It's too bad this is what these Taylor threads always devolve into.

I'm out. An evening surf session beckons :thumbsup:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

I can't wait for Maury to change his name again when this team wins 10 games this year Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The whole bet thing is pretty tedious, but Transplant should take him up on it just for the bizarreness which would result. I picture Maury in his man-cave with Game-Pass. Tyrod throws a fifty-yard rainbow to Sammie in the back of the end zone and Maury shrieks "NO" - tearing at his hair. But a few minutes later his mood brightens when a pass bounces off Holmes' hands and is intercepted. Later still he's positively giddy when he switches to the Chicago game and sees Mike throw a score. Being a Bills fan can get pretty strange these days, huh?

Edited by grb

The whole bet thing is pretty tedious, but Transplant should take him up on it just for the bizarreness which would result. I picture Maury in his man-cave with Game-Pass. Tyrod throws a fifty-yard rainbow to Sammie in the back of the end zone and Maury shrieks "NO" - tearing at his hair. But a few minutes later his mood brightens when a pass bounces off Holmes' hands and is intercepted. Later still he's positively giddy when he switches to the Chicago game and sees Mike throw a score. Being a Bills fan can get pretty strange these days, huh?

Sadly because of the 1st round thing I dont think its just Ryan that is going to be rooting for losses.

I will never be able to do that

The one thing I can be grateful for throughout the playoff drought John is never having to watch my Bills football team start the season with the mindset of losing. I appreciate the heart , the effort and the never say die way our team has always played.

What has given me the most hope over the last two seasons to break the drought and now going into a 3rd is Tyrod Taylor.