Going to first home Bills game!! Help planning.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely true

I have found Bills tailgaters to be very receptive to out-of-towners like us. We bring some beer and food and we are welcomed like long lost cousins.

Absolutely 100% agree with that statement.

If you can't make it early at Hammers...park at ECC (directly across from stadium) Huge fields to play catch or whatever. Lots of friendly people around....a 5 minute walk to stadium, Bills store or hammers lot. More going on for home opener then others.

If you get there early enough make sure you go to the Bills store (right outside the stadium)and walk around the lots.This is when I LOVE to scalp tickets. You can always find someone looking to get rid of tickets. Individuals not the scalpers. repeat after me..."anyone selling? anyone got extra tickets?" People with extra tickets don't want to sell to a scalper because they don't know who's going to be sitting next to them. People want to sit next to "normal people" whatever that is.I will assume you are somewhat normal! Theres always someone looking to get rid of a couple tickets-MAKE IT HAPPEN...or not (Make sure you have a couple beers with you, you'll need em during the walk around. You can always find a beer from someone from my experience just be cool and ask... High-five random people as you walk and yell Go Bills! then ask if anyones selling tickets.....I digress.

Make sure you at least walk to Hammers Lot and do a bowing ball shot - Pinto Ron/Kenny gives all his food for free. If you get there around 12 12:15 the "Ketchup Experience" will commence shorly. Walk from there to the game. After the game, go to the Big Tree and have a beer or order wings...will be packed but its great if when we win! If you don't have to leave immediately theres always people post game tailgating too.

Just enjoy the day...Take a deep breath, look around and smell the "Bills aroma!" ITS AWESOME!

Edited by The Tomcat

Hey guys,

I have been a huge Bills fan for about 14 years now. I watch every game on TV and have been to one live game before. The Bills vs Arizona game where Trent Edwards got concussed. Anyways, my wife decided to get me flights and Bills tickets for my birthday this year. We are going to be in Buffalo for about three days. I want to maximize the experience as much as I can. If anyone could provide some insider tips, it would be much appreciated.

- Which section would be the best value seats for the game?

- Where do I go for tailgating?

- Which hotel should we stay at the night before the game?

- What is the best way to transit around?

We are also, going to have a few days to tour Buffalo. I was thinking of going to Niagara Falls and possibly the New Era caps factory. I was hoping someone could give me some suggestions for the rest of the trip.

-What is the best way to get to Niagara Falls?

Straight down the 190. Easy.

-Where should we stay the remainder of the trip?

I'd recommend anywhere downtown. Uber has been great in Buffalo.

- We love food, any restaurant recommendations? Which place has the best Buffalo wings?

Check out this thread put together by resident TBDers-- http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/187117-the-ultimate-classic-buffalo-must-eat-food-guide/

- Anything else we should see while we are in the area?

Canalside is pretty cool, Riverworks is a fun place if there is an event or sports going on, they also recently opened up a beer garden that is really interesting.

Thank you so much for your help!

Absolutely true

Absolutely 100% agree with that statement.

If you can't make it early at Hammers...park at ECC (directly across from stadium) Huge fields to play catch or whatever. Lots of friendly people around....a 5 minute walk to stadium, Bills store or hammers lot. More going on for home opener then others.

Make sure you at least walk to Hammers Lot and do a bowing ball shot - Pinto Ron/Kenny gives all his food for free. If you get there around 12 12:15 the "Ketchup Experience" will commence shorly. Walk from there to the game. After the game, go to the Big Tree and have a beer or order wings...will be packed but its great if when we win! If you don't have to leave immediately theres always people post game tailgating too.

Just enjoy the day...Take a deep breath, look around and smell the "Bills aroma!" ITS AWESOME!

Ketchup and Mustard applying on Kenny is Always 1 1/2 hour before kickoff so 11:30. I would try and get a good view spot BT 11:15. Beware of ketchup drift!

I will always park in the Bills Main lot of of Southwestern. I can't imagine not making our tailgate homebase there while walking around to a bunch of others. I'm sure Hammers Lot is great for people to meet up who are on this board but for atmosphere, Pole #1 in the lot forever.

A note on duffs: unless you're going to the one in orchard park, DON'T.

Your opinion- the one on Transit at Eastern Hills is good with a nice sports atmosphere. The original on Sheridan/Millersport is boring- every locations wings are the same tho- I have never seen a fall off in quality of food.

Your opinion- the one on Transit at Eastern Hills is good with a nice sports atmosphere. The original on Sheridan/Millersport is boring- every locations wings are the same tho- I have never seen a fall off in quality of food.

Just go straight to Bar Bill - best of the best

Ketchup and Mustard applying on Kenny is Always 1 1/2 hour before kickoff so 11:30. I would try and get a good view spot BT 11:15. Beware of ketchup drift!

I'm usually under the influence with no concept of time. Its worth the trip though!

Just hit me up on DM if you're coming to the opener or Raiders game. I live in California, have seasons, and come out a few times a year. This will be my 10th straight home opener and we'll be staying downtown at the Embassy. I am not from Buffalo and have no roots, but the city is my home away from home as I've traveled there dozens of times in the last decade. I have buddies now in Buffalo and we do a nice (spirited) tailgate in the grass lot off of Southwestern and Abbott. I'll show you the ropes and all of the sights and sounds, including introducing you to the illustrious Kenny. You can hang with us as much or as little as you'd like. Like everyone has said, come with a smile on your face, a 12er of Blue under your arm and some Bills gear and you'll be signing the shout song and eating random people's Stromboli all day.

Just hit me up on DM if you're coming to the opener or Raiders game. I live in California, have seasons, and come out a few times a year. This will be my 10th straight home opener and we'll be staying downtown at the Embassy. I am not from Buffalo and have no roots, but the city is my home away from home as I've traveled there dozens of times in the last decade. I have buddies now in Buffalo and we do a nice (spirited) tailgate in the grass lot off of Southwestern and Abbott. I'll show you the ropes and all of the sights and sounds, including introducing you to the illustrious Kenny. You can hang with us as much or as little as you'd like. Like everyone has said, come with a smile on your face, a 12er of Blue under your arm and some Bills gear and you'll be signing the shout song and eating random people's Stromboli all day.

What made you decide Buffalo every year?

I do road games every year too, but, after having ben to 75% of the stadiums, including GB and KC, the atmosphere in OP is second to none. I'll be in Carolina and LA this year. Did LA, Seattle and Oakland last year in addition to two home games. Tennesee and New York year before. No Kenny, but I hit about 4-5 games a year from the West Coast.

Just go straight to Bar Bill - best of the best

We loved Mr. Bill's restaurant. Excellent beef on weck and fabulous fish fry on Fridays (and Wednesday's, I seem to recall). It is just minutes from the airport as well.

A trip to the original Anchor Bar is truly worthwhile, especially the day before a Bills game. Unique place with a fairly rowdy crowd eating wings and drinking Genny Cream Ale. I know there is debate about who has better wings, Duff's vs. Anchor Bar.

Edited by Billsfansinceday1

We loved Mr. Bill's restaurant. Excellent beef on weck and fabulous fish fry on Fridays (and Wednesday's, I seem to recall). It is just minutes from the airport as well.

A trip to the original Anchor Bar is truly worthwhile, especially the day before a Bills game. Unique place with a fairly rowdy crowd eating wings and drinking Genny Cream Ale. I know there is debate about who has better wings, Duff's vs. Anchor Bar.

IMO Anchor Bar doesn't hit the top 5 but definitely a nostalgic, fun place to go and the wings are good, just not the best.

IMO Anchor Bar doesn't hit the top 5 but definitely a nostalgic, fun place to go and the wings are good, just not the best.

it's a fun place to go once, but besides the wings, the food is pretty meh to lousy too.

Like a solar eclipse or the running of the bulls, the ketchup and mustard ceremony must be experienced at least once.