Zeke Elliott suspended for 6 games. For real this time!

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great, so he can rest up and hit the last half and playoffs without the risk and wear and tear of all those games.

yeah good point. I don't know if we will know anymore by the time I draft in 3 weeks but I think I've decided to take him in the 2nd if he's there, but not in the 1st.

I will be interested to see the extent of his involvement in the bar incident. He's a regular at Social in CBus and always has two giant security guards with him

http://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/espn-ezekiel-elliott-in-incident-at-dallas-bar-per-source

Oh, yes, those security guards. At least they kept him from acting like an ijit at a girl's HS basketball game.

...absolutely mind boggling how stuff like this happens when you have the financial world at your beckon call and knowing that Goodell is judge, jury and executioner when it comes to indiscretions....sure makes that collegiate "education and degree (COUGH)" look invaluable.....maybe signing your pro contract with an "x" should be a clue.....pretty sad commentary for these kids.........

If there's one thing Ezekiel Elliot did not do, it's sign his pro contract with an "x". He attended John Burroughs, a private prep school in St Louis that is one of the academically elite schools in the area. You do not graduate from JBS without solid academic credentials. His family made a lot of sacrifices to see that he and his sister attended and graduated from a very good high school.

That said, is he (seemingly) embracing the "thug life" now a days, yes, Yes, it does seem that way.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Oh, yes, those security guards. At least they kept him from acting like an ijit at a girl's HS basketball game.

OK so bad taste to follow my own post but a couple people messaged me asking "WTF?"

Here is the story.

Zeke Elliot and his younger sister Lailah both attended a private prep school in St Louis. This past spring, Lailah was a senior on the girl's basketball team.

They were playing a big rival school, two of whose girl varsity players were daughters of retired NBA star Larry Hughes. Lailah Elliot's team was getting schooled.

The opposing team plays physical and the eldest Hughes girl in particular can fly. So Elliot sister gets away on a fast break, Hughes daughter flies down the court, comes out of nowhere jumps and blocks Elliot shot, fouling her in the process. No question, it's a foul, refs are gonna call it, but nothing dirty about it, she was jumping for the ball and hit the arm, nothing dirty in question. Foul and free throw not enough for her, Elliot jumps on the Hughes girl and starts a brawl. Punches thrown, wiser heads prevail and pull them apart, no injuries, both girls get thrown out of the game, someone else takes her FT. So far it's a little over the top but girl's game is quite physical now a days and tempers do get chippy, right stuff happened.

No, no, here comes Zeke Elliot. Big man is gonna come on the floor of a GIRLS HS BASKETBALL GAME to fight with the ref and the other team's coach and girl players. His two bodyguards had to haul him out of there, mouthing off all the way. Oh, and BTW, local TV stations were there covering the game for their "prep sports" segment, woulda been a great look if Zeke Elliot were caught on camera punching out a girls BB coach/school headmaster about a foot shorter than him and half his width or having a shoving and shouting match with a couple of elderly HS BB refs. Fortunately, they saved him from himself.

OK so bad taste to follow my own post but a couple people messaged me asking "WTF?"

Here is the story.

Zeke Elliot and his younger sister Lailah both attended a private prep school in St Louis. This past spring, Lailah was a senior on the girl's basketball team.

They were playing a big rival school, two of whose girl varsity players were daughters of retired NBA star Larry Hughes. Lailah Elliot's team was getting schooled.

The opposing team plays physical and the eldest Hughes girl in particular can fly. So Elliot sister gets away on a fast break, Hughes daughter flies down the court, comes out of nowhere jumps and blocks Elliot shot, fouling her in the process. No question, it's a foul, refs are gonna call it, but nothing dirty about it, she was jumping for the ball and hit the arm, nothing dirty in question. Foul and free throw not enough for her, Elliot jumps on the Hughes girl and starts a brawl. Punches thrown, wiser heads prevail and pull them apart, no injuries, both girls get thrown out of the game, someone else takes her FT. So far it's a little over the top but girl's game is quite physical now a days and tempers do get chippy, right stuff happened.

No, no, here comes Zeke Elliot. Big man is gonna come on the floor of a GIRLS HS BASKETBALL GAME to fight with the ref and the other team's coach and girl players. His two bodyguards had to haul him out of there, mouthing off all the way. Oh, and BTW, local TV stations were there covering the game for their "prep sports" segment, woulda been a great look if Zeke Elliot were caught on camera punching out a girls BB coach/school headmaster about a foot shorter than him and half his width or having a shoving and shouting match with a couple of elderly HS BB refs. Fortunately, they saved him from himself.

Dude's an !@#$, and I hope they EXTEND his punishment.

Here is the story.

welp. Not surprised at this at all unfortunately. He's as crazy as his ex-girlfriend (and she is, doesn't mean he didn't do it). Lailah is here at OSU now on a track scholarship. Their dad is employed by the football program too though I don't know what he actually does. Edited by YoloinOhio

@rapsheet

Latest on #Cowboys RB Zeke Elliott's appeal, with new info on Elliott's harassment claim against the alleged victimhttp://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000829911/article/ezekiel-elliott-to-file-suspension-appeal-tuesday-or-wednesday

@voiceofthestar

Roger Goodell reportedly skipped hearings with #Cowboys Ezekiel Elliott, casting more doubt on dangerous verdict »

https://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Roger-Goodell-was-absent-from-Ezekiel-Elliott-hearings-106138969/Amp

Here is the story.

They would still say he didn't do anything and Goodell would be blamed for handing out a punishment, or not handing one out....

When Zeke files an appeal, will be be elidgable to play pending a decision?

If memory serves me correctly, Brady played out an entire season under appeal until the legal courts handed down the ruling.

So again, if he files with the league, will he avoid suspension until a ruling or would he have to take legal action in the courts in order for him to escaping missing time until a definitive decision

When Zeke files an appeal, will be be elidgable to play pending a decision?

If memory serves me correctly, Brady played out an entire season under appeal until the legal courts handed down the ruling.

So again, if he files with the league, will he avoid suspension until a ruling or would he have to take legal action in the courts in order for him to escaping missing time until a definitive decision

the way I understand it is that the NFL has 10 days to rule on the appeal after he files it. If they deny the appeal I believe he can file for an injunction to take it to court? Experts correct me if I'm wrong. If it goes to court I think the suspension is then oh hold.

the way I understand it is that the NFL has 10 days to rule on the appeal after he files it. If they deny the appeal I believe he can file for an injunction to take it to court? Experts correct me if I'm wrong. If it goes to court I think the suspension is then oh hold.

Can it go to court anymore? Didn't the Brady case set the precedent for the power the Goddell wields? I'm pretty sure that's why some folks were against him pushing it to that level.

Can it go to court anymore? Didn't the Brady case set the precedent for the power the Goddell wields? I'm pretty sure that's why some folks were against him pushing it to that level.

oh yeah that's right. Goodell runs the world. He should just take the 6 imo because he never denies hitting her in his statement anyway. She's crazy for sure, and lacks credibility, one reason he wasn't charged. Imo he got away with not going to jail and should be happy. Edited by YoloinOhio

I was fooled by Zeke and his father, they did a media tour leading up to the draft. They rocked suits and said all the right things. It was a charming series of interviews for a soon to be NFL player and it turns out he is just another immature punk. Hopefully they get it right, he is fun to watch.

Edited by Commonsense

For a guy who is looking at missing over 50% of the fantasy season, he is still being drafted way too high in mocks I've looked at. I'm assuming some optimism about a reduced suspension is baked in, but I would not want to bet on that myself.

For a guy who is looking at missing over 50% of the fantasy season, he is still being drafted way too high in mocks I've looked at. I'm assuming some optimism about a reduced suspension is baked in, but I would not want to bet on that myself.

I'm out in the 1st round. No brainer in the 2nd round.