Thanks Jay "Debbie Downer."

Thanks for the nice piece of optimism about the Bills. I don't care what ESPN says. They aren't paying attention to the Bills, so what they say, to me, is irrelevant.

I like our new coach a lot better than the twins. I like the coaching staff....they spared no expense to get the best guys they could. I like the new structure.

I like Tyrod Taylor. Why is everybody trashing him? His stats are fine, especially considering his sack of sticks targets he had for most of the year. What's not to like about our running game? Forget Gilislee. Our offensive line is getting better every day.

We have two extra first rounders coming back on defense (Lawson and Ragland). Kyle is back. We have a sensible, simple defense. Gilmore was overrated. The kid from LSU will be a stud. I'm a little concerned about safety.

I don't know why anyone would trash our team for the next 3 years. For one thing, we've got 2 number one picks next year. How can they trash that draft IN ADVANCE?

It's like somebody said, "Hey, you've got the Bills this morning. Write something." "Oh, they stink. Brady rules. I'll whip up something along those lines."

We are basically bringing in two extra first rounders this year. No one seems to be overly excited about that fact. And the new regime can't possibly be worse than the bobsy twins. But my concern is NOT having a proven, dependable back-up at running back. Anything happens with McCoy, and everyone will regret that we screwed up so badly on Gilleslee. I'd love to have D'Angelo Williams around just in case. Yes, he's up there age wise and his stats fell off last season but the comfort level would still rise significantly.

We are basically bringing in two extra first rounders this year. No one seems to be overly excited about that fact. And the new regime can't possibly be worse than the bobsy twins. But my concern is NOT having a proven, dependable back-up at running back. Anything happens with McCoy, and everyone will regret that we screwed up so badly on Gilleslee. I'd love to have D'Angelo Williams around just in case. Yes, he's up there age wise and his stats fell off last season but the comfort level would still rise significantly.

No, we're not.

This is gimmicky Russ Brandon-esque snake oil.

Edited by jmc12290

If the Bills do end the playoff drought, should we riot?! 🤷‍♀️

I may fly to Buffalo for the party, that's how crazy I think it will be

No, but they don't have to rule out three years at a time.

Agreed. I can easily see why people say the Bills will be bad this year, whole new regime, roster looks worse on paper etc. However we are a average team with 2 1st next year, no idea how you rule them out 3 years

Everyone wants to be the one that called the end of the drought. It's trap, however, as the drought will never, ever end. It will go on forever.

I know. Continuity.

If it did change, we would be so school girl giddy it would be embarrassing. Better to wallow in the muck and mire.

Fear change is my philosophy.

Edited by 3rdand12

I'm not sure why people get so butt hurt when anyone in the media doesn't think the Bills aren't going to have a good season. The Bills have been mediocre at best for almost 2 decades now. Think about that for a minute ... nearly two decades!. There is absolutely no reason for anyone who isn't a big Bills fan to expect any more than that this season either. Hopefully the coaching staff is better, but they are not only new to the Bills, they are mostly new to their jobs. If they have a good showing this season and look to be improving then you should see a little optimism from the media next off season. But certainly there is no reason for it now (unless you are a Bills fan of course :) ).

I don't know. It's going to be like the defense had weights taken off and the system will be a better fit. Safety and linebacker Will of course be an unknown, but were they all that good last year? The offense should be better simply because they've been together another year. Maybe Sammy will have a breakout year, maybe Tyrod will throw to him and maybe I'll get served blue cheese with my chicken wings here in Pittsburgh. We'll see.

But we won the offseason, right? B-)

Actually we don't know.

No splashes.

Tilted the Coaches trainers and Scouts tray and scraped the tray clean but two . Russ and Overdorf.

That is a pretty significant scrubbing.

In 3 years we will know.

In two years we will be making educated guesses

At the end of this season we will criticize admonish and or demand compensation.

Or

We will laud and herald the new Kings as the Saviours.

Or it will be same as it ever was.

I don't think we won the offseason because Bills did not try to BS the Fans into ticket sales with shiny objects and promises of virgins.

Seems like this new Regime is real. and whatever it is they are doing? , feels honest.

Like hard work.

No drama,

just chopping the Wood.

I like it.

Remaining Fair and balanced for now.

But lets see how i feel after game One.

Go Bills !

I would take either 3-13 or 10-6 but nothing in the middle. Suck or playoffs. Suck = Franchise QB in 2018, playoffs = playoff QB.

I mostly agree, however the offense can still be very good with a terrible defense and result in 3-13. They have question marks, not holes, but legit questions at virtually every position on defense. Kyle age. Dareus substance issues. Darby was terrible last year. Lawson was fat and slow. All of these issues are manageable and there is a great deal of upside and optimism for me with Rex gone.

Solve the defense and they will be in the playoffs.

Show me 10-6 and a playoff spot, then we will talk. Until then meh........

This is where I am...and 10-6 may not be good enough!

The schedule this year is brutal. The team/coaching could improve and we still might end up with a worse record than last year just on toughness of schedule.

Still looking forward to Week 1 however.

On the more positive side, since most NFL pundits and media, with a few exceptions, all project our Bills only winning 6-7 games, if they in fact win more they will have exceeded those folks expectations, especially if they contend for a playoff.

As for claiming the Bills won't have any success the next 3 years, I take you back to this very time in 2015, when every Bills message board was talking about having one of the world's greatest D units, and whether we would win 11, 12, or 13 games

If any writer had suggested back then that 3 years later we would still be struggling to win maybe 9 games and were not really any closer to a playoff spot but in fact are further back, fans would have been sarcastic, angry, and ridiculed the writer, as they did anyone who suggested the #2 DVOA D might struggle with a new scheme and HC/DC, but the writer would have been, ah, dead on

Which tells me rabid sports fans don't really want to hear an honest assessment of the team they root for, they prefer to believe, every player will exceed expectations, every off season player move will be a huge success, nobody major will get injured, that anybody we lost in the off season is a bum, and our team will undoubtedly win way more games than they lose, but in reality nothing like that actually occurred anytime in the last 2 decades, and is unfort unlikely to happen this year, but shsshhhhsss, don't mess with anyone's belief, they get all uppity, lol

Sorry...

jc

Edited by wilcoam

No, but they don't have to rule out three years at a time.

So someone interviewed someone who had an opinion.

And you disagree with that opinion.

No, they don't have to rule out three years but it's a reasonable enough guess that if you looked at the next three years the Bills might be one of the several teams who will have a tough time. There'll be teams that suck for those three years.

Myself, I'm hopeful that by 2018 and 2019 the team could be looking up. But we just don't know yet how good McDermott is or isn't as a head coach or how good our new GM will be for that matter.

Neither your opinion nor the ESPN guy's is that out of line.

Edited by Thurman#1