Happy birthday, Shady McCoy

Shaaaaaaaadyyyyyy!!! Happy Birthday to you. Can't wait for this season to get going. Watching you run, juke, scoot and dupe is the most entertaining thing us Bills fans have had to watch in the past 20 years. Hopefully McD can get the D back on track and you can lead us to the playoffs

He is an unusual talent. It doesn't seem like he gets the recognition and adulation his skillsets deserve. Even here in Bills Country. For all of our mostly bad seasons, we've been blessed with fantastic RB's virtually throughout the teams existence. I've seen them all (1000 yrd rushers) from Cookie to Lesean and sometimes forget some of them -like Terry Miller, Antoine Smith and Willis McGahee.. Very few -if any- other teams have the RB legacy the Bills have.

Shady is right up there among our very best and may well be on course for serious HOF consideration. He'll need to stay in great shape and last at least 4 more seasons, but his on field track record to date is marvelous.

He is an unusual talent. It doesn't seem like he gets the recognition and adulation his skillsets deserve. Even here in Bills Country. For all of our mostly bad seasons, we've been blessed with fantastic RB's virtually throughout the teams existence. I've seen them all (1000 yrd rushers) from Cookie to Lesean and sometimes forget some of them -like Terry Miller, Antoine Smith and Willis McGahee.. Very few -if any- other teams have the RB legacy the Bills have.

Shady is right up there among our very best and may well be on course for serious HOF consideration. He'll need to stay in great shape and last at least 4 more seasons, but his on field track record to date is marvelous.

Bills rich RB legacy is a reflection of their losing history.

They have invested more of their first round picks on RB's than any other position........by A LOT.........and it's staggering how many high picks they've spent on RB's versus their paltry draft investment in QB's.

If you wanted to boil down exactly why they have been such a pathetic franchise........that's perhaps the BROADEST reason why......a totally misguided focus and expenditure of prime assets to a dime-a-dozen position.......mostly because of the old codger Ralph Wilson.

The reason why McCoy gets less love than you feel he deserves is because he plays a greatly devalued position........is a finesse-only scatback who struggles to cash in on the all important fantasy points that draw the average fans attention because of his failings in short yardage(specifically near goal line)........and his totals aren't really that impressive.

The 5th highest ypc at age 29 stat is less impressive when you consider that some of those backs played in era's where the league averaged more than .25 ypc LESS than the league average during Shady's career.........and that Shady's rushing totals in recent seasons would not impress at all in other eras.

He's basically averaged a tad over 1,000 yards rushing in his two seasons in Buffalo.......a thousand yards used to be the basis for a "decent" season for a RB..........and he has averaged more than 100 carries less per season than he had before Buffalo acquired him so he isn't anybody's workhorse anymore.

But even though he's not an every down back any longer he is in the PERFECT place to keep putting up stats.....on a bad team that has to run the ball to score points behind a QB who fattens up the teams run stats and makes his RB's look a lot better than they are.

It's an ideal situation for him as his career winds down..........I just doubt he's got a lot more time or that his raw numbers and lack of team success will impress the people in that room voting for the HOF.

Edited by #BADOL

Bills rich RB legacy is a reflection of their losing history.

They have invested more of their first round picks on RB's than any other position........by A LOT.........and it's staggering how many high picks they've spent on RB's versus their paltry draft investment in QB's.

If you wanted to boil down exactly why they have been such a pathetic franchise........that's perhaps the BROADEST reason why......a totally misguided focus and expenditure of prime assets to a dime-a-dozen position.......mostly because of the old codger Ralph Wilson.

The reason why McCoy gets less love than you feel he deserves is because he plays a greatly devalued position........is a finesse-only scatback who struggles to cash in on the all important fantasy points that draw the average fans attention because of his failings in short yardage(specifically near goal line)........and his totals aren't really that impressive.

The 5th highest ypc at age 29 stat is less impressive when you consider that some of those backs played in era's where the league averaged more than .25 ypc LESS than the league average during Shady's career.........and that Shady's rushing totals in recent seasons would not impress at all in other eras.

He's basically averaged a tad over 1,000 yards rushing in his two seasons in Buffalo.......a thousand yards used to be the basis for a "decent" season for a RB..........and he has averaged more than 100 carries less per season than he had before Buffalo acquired him so he isn't anybody's workhorse anymore.

But even though he's not an every down back any longer he is in the PERFECT place to keep putting up stats.....on a bad team that has to run the ball to score points behind a QB who fattens up the teams run stats and makes his RB's look a lot better than they are.

It's an ideal situation for him as his career winds down..........I just doubt he's got a lot more time or that his raw numbers and lack of team success will impress the people in that room voting for the HOF.

You misspelled happy birthday.

You misspelled happy birthday.

Neither of the 2 posts I responded to wished him a happy birthday either(I don't recognize you so you must be new here, but every response in a thread isn't to the thread title :flirt:).

Like yours for instance........no birthday wishes in your post!

Only Manther and Newera shpelled itrite.

Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves not showing the woefully under-appreciated Shady more love......pathetic.

Happy Birthday Ol' man! :thumbsup:

I've never birthday partied in Harrisburg but that seems raysis!

Neither of the 2 posts I responded to wished him a happy birthday either(I don't recognize you so you must be new here, but every response in a thread isn't to the thread title :flirt:).

Like yours for instance........no birthday wishes in your post!

Only Manther and Newera shpelled itrite.

Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves not showing the woefully under-appreciated Shady more love......pathetic.

Happy Birthday Ol' man! :thumbsup:

I've never birthday partied in Harrisburg but that seems raysis!

um.. Happy Birthday, Shady!