NFL mock draft: Early 1st-round projections for 2018

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I don't see the Bills taking a boom or bust guy like that at QB. I think that they will take someone with a higher floor than Jackson. With that being said Wilkins is a GREAT player (and athlete). If the Bills could get a top tier QB and Wilkins it would be a home run.

I've had similar thoughts with someone like Josh Sweat. Pair him in the 1st with someone like a Luke Falk, I'd consider that a big win.

I think, stylistically, Rick Dennison would bang the table for Josh Allen. Quite whether Allen progresses as a passer and Dennison gets a say in the matter is yet to be seen.

I've had similar thoughts with someone like Josh Sweat. Pair him in the 1st with someone like a Luke Falk, I'd consider that a big win.

I think, stylistically, Rick Dennison would bang the table for Josh Allen. Quite whether Allen progresses as a passer and Dennison gets a say in the matter is yet to be seen.

He had a say in our current QB room, FWIW. I doubt that changes much with the transition to Beane vs McD.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

He had a say in our current QB room, FWIW. I doubt that changes much with the transition to Beane vs McD.

The circumstances will be slightly different with this being the search for the franchise guy, not TJ Yates and a backup on Day 3. I get your point though :)

There's so many storylines to watch out for this season, I'm almost treating it like a soap opera.

I think that the Bills are going to draft a guy with a high floor at QB. They aren't going to move on from Tyrod to take a total roll of the dice. Imagine if they jettisoned Tyrod to bring in EJ (as an example). They aren't going to move on from decent play to potentially swing and miss and be stuck with worse QB play for a few years. They are going to take a guy, that at worst, they think can be safe. A team like the Jets may swing for the fences but I suspect the Bills will be a bit more cautious.

With that being said, I'd look for guys with less questions about the transition. Guys that have a lot of starts. Guys that have played pro style and been in the huddle. They will want as "ready" as they can find. I keep coming back to Rosen.

I think that the Bills are going to draft a guy with a high floor at QB. They aren't going to move on from Tyrod to take a total roll of the dice. Imagine if they jettisoned Tyrod to bring in EJ (as an example). They aren't going to move on from decent play to potentially swing and miss and be stuck with worse QB play for a few years. They are going to take a guy, that at worst, they think can be safe. A team like the Jets may swing for the fences but I suspect the Bills will be a bit more cautious.

With that being said, I'd look for guys with less questions about the transition. Guys that have a lot of starts. Guys that have played pro style and been in the huddle. They will want as "ready" as they can find. I keep coming back to Rosen.

I recently listened to the Move The Sticks podcast episode about the Manning passing academy. DJ was talking about a bunch of guys that attended. His guest Rhett Lewis said that, despite being in a spread scheme, Mason Rudolph pretty much has full control of the offense on the field. To the point that he almost fought his center for control over protection calls.

I'm now wondering if he'll be the whiteboard savant of the class and impress teams in that regard.

I recently listened to the Move The Sticks podcast episode about the Manning passing academy. DJ was talking about a bunch of guys that attended. His guest Rhett Lewis said that, despite being in a spread scheme, Mason Rudolph pretty much has full control of the offense on the field. To the point that he almost fought his center for control over protection calls. He's another Rock Hill guy and will have something like 40 starts under his belt.

I'm now wondering if he'll be the whiteboard savant of the class and impress teams in that regard.

He was going to be the other guy in my example. It's just a feeling but I think he climbs the board. I expect big things out of them this year with Rudolph as a Heisman candidate.

He was going to be the other guy in my example. It's just a feeling but I think he climbs the board. I expect big things out of them this year with Rudolph as a Heisman candidate.

I'm not his biggest fan but I'm trying to get a better understanding of what the NFL values. He seems to be the latest poster child for it.

I'm still reeling over people having James Washington as a 1st round WR and all I can see is Antwan Goodley at Baylor all over again with that body type :)

I'm not his biggest fan but I'm trying to get a better understanding of what the NFL values. He seems to be the latest poster child for it.

I'm still reeling over people having James Washington as a 1st round WR and all I can see is Antwan Goodley at Baylor all over again with that body type :)

I don't see it with Washington (at all). I think that I'm still bitter about Blackmon and Rashaun Woods. I was POSITIVE those guys would be great. Dez obviously panned out but I've already been fooled twice. Christian Kirk is my WR of choice.

Yeah, I don't see the Bills taking a boom or bust guy like that at QB. I think that they will take someone with a higher floor than Jackson. With that being said Wilkins is a GREAT player (and athlete). If the Bills could get a top tier QB and Wilkins it would be a home run.

totally agree. I think Jackson has a decently high ceiling....I guess we will find out more this fall!

I don't see it with Washington (at all). I think that I'm still bitter about Blackmon and Rashaun Woods. I was POSITIVE those guys would be great. Dez obviously panned out but I've already been fooled twice. Christian Kirk is my WR of choice.

Justin Blackmon washing out hurt my soul. His on-field talent and that lovely friendship with the sick kid captivated me.

Hard for me to look past Calvin Ridley this year. I know he's 23 1/2 by the draft as a junior but his peaks are as good as anything I've seen. Good year for 'my guys' at WR too, Allen Lazard, Simmie Cobbs & Jester Weah all seniors.

Justin Blackmon washing out hurt my soul. His on-field talent and that lovely friendship with the sick kid captivated me.

Hard for me to look past Calvin Ridley this year. I know he's 23 1/2 by the draft as a junior but his peaks are as good as anything I've seen. Good year for 'my guys' at WR too, Allen Lazard, Simmie Cobbs & Jester Weah all seniors.

I like Cobbs (a lot). I also loved the last pro prospect skill guy that played at Indiana. He had a pretty good rookie year. I'd take Cobbs any day.

...many at TBD have mentioned Luke Falk as their choice, yet this mock has him falling to #19....how come?.................

The depth of the QB class. Depending on the person he could probably be as low as about the 6th QB.

Christian Kirk is one of Urban's biggest recruits he didn't get. He really, really wanted him.