Shaq Attack - Sharks Never Sleep

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he had one start.one. so technically he WAS just plopped in for reps. Also, Mario dropped into coverage 28 times in 2015, compared to only 13 times in 2014. So he did actually drop bqck into coverage alot more. Roughly 60% more. While 28 might not seem ALOT, the percentage sure was

In 2015 Tom Brady attempted 25 passes per half..........so yeah.....NO......28 drop backs in an entire season is NOT A LOT, Mario. :lol:

And Shaq was getting a lot more than plopped in reps.....he was headed for about 40% of snaps played in his 10 game season and they were trying to give him pass rush reps at the expense of Alexander. :doh:

But Shaq was basically benched for the final 3 games.....less than 20 snaps each........ after two utterly TERRIBLE performances in more extended action versus Oakland and Pittsburgh.

No QB's were getting sacked......and no edges were set......in fact, last 175 snaps no sacks and just a handful of tackles(but DL don't get tackles like LB's, so ya' know :flirt:).

Question.......do you watch Bills games?

Edited by #BADOL

Plopped in for game reps? :lol: He was available for the final 10 games. :doh:

And he played with his hand in the dirt not in space like an OLB........calling him an OLB is like saying Rex had Mario dropping into coverage a lot.......HIGHLY inaccurate.

He was getting game reps. Obviously he had next no exp.till he was plopped B-)

How long after he was drafted before the Bills pulled him for surgery? Training Camp ? Preseason?

Guy was as raw as could be and not fully developed from a full off season OTA TC of physical standpoint. it showed he sucked. he was slow and slow to read and rec. New position bud.

No one pinned and tore after it.

How about you ask Lawson about his position? Seems to me he just mentioned he was drafted as 3-4 OLB? Are you saying he did not ?

OLB put their hand down. don't play me #Badol

:beer:

In 2015 Tom Brady attempted 25 passes per half..........so yeah.....NO......28 drop backs in an entire season is NOT A LOT, Mario. :lol:

And Shaq was getting a lot more than plopped in reps.....he was headed for about 40% of snaps played in his 10 game season and they were trying to give him pass rush reps at the expense of Alexander. :doh:

But Shaq was basically benched for the final 3 games.....less than 20 snaps each........ after two utterly TERRIBLE performances in more extended action versus Oakland and Pittsburgh.

No QB's were getting sacked......and no edges were set......in fact, last 175 snaps no sacks and just a handful of tackles(but DL don't get tackles like LB's, so ya' know :flirt:).

I do. He was slow and awful. Rex never did right by him. He wanted to show his draft pick was worthy even if he was not ready.

He was no Ikempalipunchface I will give you that

shiny nickel bet.

He holds his own on both pass rush and run this season. sacks be damned

Stevie's groin gave me PTSD. It never healed. Hopefully it isn't the same for Shaq.

I still have a twinge when i hear his name

Dont think ive missed one in 9 years..i was gonna ask you the same lmao.So let me get this straight.."on pace " for 40% snaps is the same as 40% snaps?? I think not. He was limited in action, not because he had a putrid season but because of the Ryan clan's inability to use the players he had at the cost of his own scheme. Say what you want, but by no means did he prove himself a bust.

Also, a 60% increase in coverage is not "alot" to you? You have the pretense of being a numbers guy, but that only pertains to proving your own theory, is that correct? Why the F*#! are you so down on such a talented kid? All you do is pull meaningless BS from your arse to try to sound like a knowledgeable tough guy.when in fact, you come across as a complete !@#$ who only finds fault in everyone other than yourself. I bet your single and live at home with mommy n daddy.am i right? Probably not many friends??

I got news for ya, you are not the football guru you think you are.So try a different approach to sharing your thoughts on the team that we all love. And try to find positives in all things. Because frankly, you are a drag man✌

Dont think ive missed one in 9 years..i was gonna ask you the same lmao.So let me get this straight.."on pace " for 40% snaps is the same as 40% snaps?? I think not. He was limited in action, not because he had a putrid season but because of the Ryan clan's inability to use the players he had at the cost of his own scheme. Say what you want, but by no means did he prove himself a bust.

Also, a 60% increase in coverage is not "alot" to you? You have the pretense of being a numbers guy, but that only pertains to proving your own theory, is that correct? Why the F*#! are you so down on such a talented kid? All you do is pull meaningless BS from your arse to try to sound like a knowledgeable tough guy.when in fact, you come across as a complete !@#$ who only finds fault in everyone other than yourself. I bet your single and live at home with mommy n daddy.am i right? Probably not many friends??

I got news for ya, you are not the football guru you think you are.So try a different approach to sharing your thoughts on the team that we all love. And try to find positives in all things. Because frankly, you are a drag man✌

Damn, you got me pegged. :rolleyes:

If you don't remember the games......the stats are quite easy to access.......was common knowledge that the staff lost confidence in Shaq after watching him struggle mightily when they tried to raise his snap count after giving him 5 games to get in shape.

Your attempt to straw-man the Mario-snaps thing was laughably weak. Had no idea there was still a Mario-in-coverage apologist alive after everyone watched him clearly flame out of his own doing the past couple years. Maybe try 60% harder next time. :lol:

Where'd you get your MD? Did Schefter post the medical report on NFL.com again?

lol shefter

I think Shaq will have a good year but I'm starting to think Ragland might be a B Spikes clone.

because of the premonitions?

Why do you INSIST on trying to argue with everyone about everything?

thought it was humor. my bad

Damn, you got me pegged. :rolleyes:

If you don't remember the games......the stats are quite easy to access.......was common knowledge that the staff lost confidence in Shaq after watching him struggle mightily when they tried to raise his snap count after giving him 5 games to get in shape.

Your attempt to straw-man the Mario-snaps thing was laughably weak. Had no idea there was still a Mario-in-coverage apologist alive after everyone watched him clearly flame out of his own doing the past couple years. Maybe try 60% harder next time. :lol:

lets put a value on that particular staff shall we ? Love ya man

He played DE in Rex D.

That wasn't the plan going into camp but he couldn't even handle DE responsibilities when the time came.

Abysmal rookie season.

Is a 43 DE asked to do the same thing as a 34 DE?

Furthermore, is everyone else wrong when they said he'll be transitioning to his more natural position at 43 DE... or?!?

Edited by BillsFan17

Is a 43 DE asked to do the same thing as a 34 DE?

Furthermore, is everyone else wrong when they said he'll be transitioning to his more natural position at 43 DE... or?!?

Oh, now he was a 3-4 DE?

You guys need to get your stories straight.

He was basically playing on the outside shoulder of the OT most plays with his hand on the ground.........not that dissimilar to what he will be asked to do this season.

The "Shaq as an OLB" thing never materialized.......the Bills original defensive plan got punched in the mouth before Shaq even came back from injury........and he was subsequently used primarily as a down pass rusher, which made his lack of production quite glaring and lead to his relegation to less than 20 snaps per game in the final 3 contests.

DE Shaq Lawson, the #11 pick overall in 2016 and possibly the best defensive lineman in the 2016 Draft, had a bad shoulder which required surgery. Thus, Lawson was never fully healthy and in prime condition in 2016.

Getting Lawson back healthy this year and playing him in his more familiar 4-3 DE position should do wonders for him.

Like Ragland, getting Lawson back healthy is just like giving the Bills an extra first round pick in 2017.

Enjoy!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duQ0csOVe4I.

Its more like having a second year former first round pick with less NFL experience than all of his peers from his draft.