Phil Jackson Out in NY

H2o

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to say this isn't warranted but Dolan is a moron. He just let Phil take some slappy who fits the triangle offense with the 8th pick. He didn't even attend the draft because he wanted to play in his band or something.

He also paid Jackson $24M a few weeks ago that he could have gotten out of.

The happiest person in this sordid episode is Jackson. I think he was trying to create more chaos and get himself fired in order to keep his money. As a GM he was an incompetent to the point of being weird and self-sabotaging with many of his peculiar decisions.

As someone else stated Griffin would be a good GM candidate and be able to restore some normal order to that storied franchise. Whether one is a Knicks fan or not having a serious team in New York is good for the NBA.

The happiest person in this sordid episode is Jackson. I think he was trying to create more chaos and get himself fired in order to keep his money. As a GM he was an incompetent to the point of being weird and self-sabotaging with many of his peculiar decisions.

As someone else stated Griffin would be a good GM candidate and be able to restore some normal order to that storied franchise. Whether one is a Knicks fan or not having a serious team in New York is good for the NBA.

Yep, all of this

Not to say this isn't warranted but Dolan is a moron. He just let Phil take some slappy who fits the triangle offense with the 8th pick. He didn't even attend the draft because he wanted to play in his band or something.

I can't believe Dolan isn't packing up his office as well. Carmelo and Kristaps should be allowed to kick Phil in the pills on his way out of MSG. What a clown.

Question...was Phil Jackson really such a great coach, or did he just luck out with Jordan and Kobe/Shaq?

I can't believe Dolan isn't packing up his office as well. Carmelo and Kristaps should be allowed to kick Phil in the pills on his way out of MSG. What a clown.

Question...was Phil Jackson really such a great coach, or did he just luck out with Jordan and Kobe/Shaq?

i think he was a great leader of men, at that time. He was able to tap into the potential of the superstars and get them to play together and win. But he certainly had the talent. His role as President never seemed like a good fit though. I wonder of Kristaps will conduct his exit interview :) Edited by YoloinOhio

I quoted you to add the Rovell stat and 26cb beat me to it below. he got 50k a day! That is insane!

Phil was an excellent manager of personalities. He knew exactly what buttons to push and at what time. Getting the egos of Kobe and Shaq to work together as long as they did and then reigning in Kobe a second time were great work. He is the Peter Principle at work. Amazing coach terrible FO guy. I don't think his heart was in it as much as he thought it would be and I also think he was too married to his triangle. The Warriors have completely changed the game and it passed him by.

I definitely think he was a good coach. There's something to be said for the amount of championships he won even if he had top talent. Now if he could build a team from the bottom is a different story.

I always said though he always kept the Knicks from winning. First as the Bulls coach then as a GM