I'm anxious to see this d-line get going.

I actually believe they will be better then the d-line we had the first couple of years when Mario was here. Players are now comfortable with what they're doing and Shaq will bring more energy and effort than Mario did. Just would like to know how is the depth looking ir is gonna look. This defense have the potential to be very solid which could help the offense a lot. Can't wait to see things get going. My prediction is double digit sacks for all 4.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually believe they will be better then the d-line we had the first couple of years when Mario was here. Players are now comfortable with what they're doing and Shaq will bring more energy and effort than Mario did. Just would like to know how is the depth looking ir is gonna look. This defense have the potential to be very solid which could help the offense a lot. Can't wait to see things get going. My prediction is double digit sacks for all 4.

I admire your attitude !

I get the feeling this line is going to tear it up. And the secondary is going to reap the rewards.

More concerned about depth.

Let see how Sean deals with adversity when injuries come knockin'

But to your point. on paper this line looks fearsome

I admire your attitude !

I get the feeling this line is going to tear it up. And the secondary is going to reap the rewards.

More concerned about depth.

Let see how Sean deals with adversity when injuries come knockin'

But to your point. on paper this line looks fearsome

...McD may be a rookie HC, but he tutored defensively under the legendary Jim Johnson, Eagles' DC who died well before his time at 68 from cancer....Rivera, although 2nd string, was on the '85 Bears SB team in the famed 46.....he acquitted himself well as DC with with Chargers, enough to earn Panthers' HC job where McD also worked.....NO doubt that this defense returns to the pre Wrecks dominance, a dismantling that never should have occurred, but he managed to peddle the same snake oil as his blowhard old man....Leslie is the perfect vet compliment.....Dennison was a good choice as OC and knows what he has to do as far as an offensive game plan designed for TT......sure the pre-season strength of schedule stats look tough but it would be interesting to see a 2 or 3 year comparison of strength of schedule stats before the season versus AFTER the season......injuries, cuts, firings, etc take their toll and there's no way to predict those variables.........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

It all hinges on Marcel.....if I was the bills I would pay someone just to follow him around and keep him out of trouble

Tend to agree here. If he realizes his potential, all the others will be freed up considerably.

We know who 99 and 55 are can be*.

In my view, Kyle continuing to evade Father Time and Shaq living up to expectations are the make or break questions..

Edited that because, like above, we know Dareus' and Hughes' potential, but also know both can be stupid (mostly off and on the field, respectively). Don't care how much raw talent is there, if the guy is riding the bench or losing us big chunks of yards from penalties, then it's offset quite a bit.

Re: Williams and Lawson, a big part of the line's production, imho, will be how well Worthy and Washington perform spelling them off.

Yup. We all know what Hughes , Dareus and Kyle can do in an attacking 43 D. I expect Shaq to ball out as well, think he's going to be a very well rounded DE.

As far as depth, DE depth scares me but I'm sure somebody steps up. Also, Lorax can play some DE as well.

Another guy I'm super excited about on that DL is Adolphus. I think he can be a BEAST in this scheme. His specialty was attacking the QB so it can be a perfect fit.

I have high hopes for the DL. All starts with # 99 and he's gotten nothing but positive feedback about his conditioning and effort going back to OTAs

Edited by JerseyBills

idk why the media thinks were going to be a bad team this year. I fully expect the defense to be at least top 12. and I dont expect kyle williams to decline. he will be better than last year. marcell sounds like hes ready to ball, shaq lawson saying that hes more comfortable playing with his hand in the dirt and i cant wait to see his nasty spin moves that i saw in college. jerry hughes. i just watched the greenbay dallas playoff games and micha hyde played great. ronald darby, rookie cb MCD saying hes mature beyond his ears i just cant wait to see this defense! it will be a good year.

Lawson should do much better at DE. He was slow and fat around the middle last year trying to play OLB - even though he mostly lined up at DE. Now that he has had a full year to recover from surgery I hope he gets his conditioning right.

I would like to see some packages with Washington and or Lorax at DE with Hughes playing OLB behind them. Hughes should be moved all over the place this year and be allowed to freelance.

It's not the attack, sacks, and pressure I am concerned about with group, its whether they can help slow down the run, and stop it, b4 the ball carrier gets to our linebackers, and or turns the corner, stop the run, and our D will surprise folks in 2017, don't, and its gonna be a hellish year

jc

Lead the league in sacks like a few years ago. number one against the run.

I think they can get back to where the were before the Ryan Express Distress. Should be fun to watch, but it may take a year to get both aspects going. Depending on how aggressive McD is we'll see one aspect or the other perform really well. I don't expect the disparity to be like it was under Pettine - definitely more balance.