McDermott has really impressed me. We might have struck gold

Wade Phillips is the best head coach the Bills have ever had, in my opinion.

I'd like to see McGinger Beady Eyes coach a few NFL games before saying how I feel about him. As of now, it seems that he's doing and saying/not doing, not saying the right things. I'm more optimistic about the long-term future of the Bills than I've been in years and it's specifically because of the HC/GM combo.

Greetings and Salutations !

Welcome to Earth.

Have we met somewhere ?

Optimistic are we now ?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings and Salutations !

Welcome to Earth.

Have we met somewhere ?

Optimistic are we now ?

Oh, I think we're gonna suck this year. That's why I bolded long-term.

I like the type of coach McDermott is esp after a players coach like Rex. McDermott isn't a prototypical disciplinarian that a lot of teams bring in once a players coach loses a locker room. He seems to me to be someone who demands a level of professionalism and intensity through his actions and the manner to which he carries himself. Not sure if he will work out but the philsophy he brings is the kind the team needs. A much more traditional disciplinarian type coach isn't nearly as effective in the NFL as they use to be.

I like what little I have seen from McDermott so far. Lets get to mid season before we label him good or bad. The most positive thing I have heard players say is that the defense is not as complex as Rex's which I love. Let the players do what they do best.

I am all in on this guy, I just want the Pegulas to give him at least 5 years.

As long as he doesn't hire his fat brother, ride a tandem bicycle, wear his sons college football helmet to PC's, declare that we have won the off season, and guarantee a playoff appearance then he should be fine

CBF

I like the type of coach McDermott is esp after a players coach like Rex. McDermott isn't a prototypical disciplinarian that a lot of teams bring in once a players coach loses a locker room. He seems to me to be someone who demands a level of professionalism and intensity through his actions and the manner to which he carries himself. Not sure if he will work out but the philsophy he brings is the kind the team needs. A much more traditional disciplinarian type coach isn't nearly as effective in the NFL as they use to be.

well said billsfan89

Outstanding. Notice he's so confident, he raises his arms the instant the brick starts hooking.

i even like he has the confidence to not even put his full leg into it. he's just so casual.

I am not all in yet.... this is like a 1st date. You don't marry after your 1st date. So far so good.

But many a 1st date turn out to be mental or criminal or just plain losers... sure she is hot to look at or really fun, but you don't know about the heads she keeps in her freezer in the basement.

I am just not ready to go all in on this coach or staff or front office yet. We have been fooled before!!!

Edited by Iraq Vet

I like what little I have seen from McDermott so far. Lets get to mid season before we label him good or bad. The most positive thing I have heard players say is that the defense is not as complex as Rex's which I love. Let the players do what they do best.

What's interesting about this is Seymour said this scheme is more difficult that Rex's. He said in Rex's, the CB's played man basically all the time, so it was very easy. Now he needs to know all of the different zone coverages as well.

To your point, I think the front 7's job is much easier, while the back end might be a little more difficult. Either way, as a whole, it sounds like it will be easier and they're emphasizing playing fast and instinctual, which is good to hear.