Mayweather against McGregor

CommonCents

it's going to be super boring unless Connor flips out and shoots for his legs and takes him down. it's going to be Mayweather ducking and weaving and landing jabs the whole time and Connor getting frustrated that he can't hit him. but like i said, hopefully that makes him go after him and do something about it and then that leads to an all out brawl. otherwise this is going to be the most boring fight in history and it will show why boxing is dying and mma is on the rise

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's going to be super boring unless Connor flips out and shoots for his legs and takes him down. it's going to be Mayweather ducking and weaving and landing jabs the whole time and Connor getting frustrated that he can't hit him. but like i said, hopefully that makes him go after him and do something about it and then that leads to an all out brawl. otherwise this is going to be the most boring fight in history and it will show why boxing is dying and mma is on the rise

I could actually see this exact scenario playing out. Perfect set up for a re-match, although I wonder if McDbag would ever be able to fight in a sanctioned boxing match ever again after doing something like this? Tyson fought after the whole ear biting thing, right?

I believe someone already noted that Conor can be sued for his entire paycheck if he tries pulling some MMA ****.

Floyd may be a jerk but he's not stupid. And he did raise a good question - if McGregor is so confident about himself why doesn't he put his whole purse on the line? Cause he knows he's going to lose.

My guess is McGregor tags in Trump who takes out Mayweather with a flying elbow off the top rope. When McGregor thinks he has won the fight, Trump hits Notorious with the steel chair. Winner by knockouts, the president of the united states. 3 way rematch in February after the hype tour to end all hype tours.

Please! Connor is out of his element and has zero chance of winning.

Connor is leprechaun don't you know.

Bolt wouldn't win if Ross beat him either. We are literally talking about one of the greatest boxers of all-time boxing a guy that isn't a boxer!! It's just not going to happen and I can't even wrap my head around how anyone can't see that? Floyd is an idiot but that doesn't take away from his greatness.

The reports out of McGregor's training camp are downright scary. Even if the reports were "this guys is WAY ahead of where we thought he'd be" he would have had zero chance. Instead, he looks slower than a heavyweight and knocked out cold by a decent fighter (who has been retired for 2 years) in Brandon Rios. Brandon Rios was utterly dominated by Timothy Bradley and Manny Pacquiao when he was in his prime.

I guess that I just can't believe that this hype tour has convinced people that McGergor has a chance. He has less of a chance than anyone that Floyd has ever fought. Floyd is 49-0. It's impressive that they will be able to sell this trash.

I understand the people that want Connor to win. I've always found him entertaining and he's great for the UFC. With that being said, we are as likely to see Bigfoot chase a unicorn through the ring as we are to see McGregor win.

There have been numerous Bigfoot sightings ;)

Perfectly said

The weird thing about this is some people actually believe that he has a chance. There isn't anyone that would give the decathlete a chance in the sprint against Bolt. Mayweather is so unlikable as a person that people have convinced themselves that McGregor has a chance.

Y'all keep referring to running but boxing is a whole other matter. McGregor can be getting beat six ways from Sunday and only needs one punch to change the whole fight or even end it right there.

Connor is leprechaun don't you know.

There have been numerous Bigfoot sightings ;)

Y'all keep referring to running but boxing is a whole other matter. McGregor can be getting beat six ways from Sunday and only needs one punch to change the whole fight or even end it right there.

Has there ever been a sighting of Bigfoot chasing a unicorn though?

McGregor doesn't hit harder than any of the opponents that haven't knocked out Floyd. His punching power is slightly ahead of Floyd. His technique though is MILES behind those other guys with comparable power that couldn't hit him. If the best boxers in the world couldn't land those shots how will a guy that isn't a boxer?

This fight is an embarrassment. Jackie Moon vs. the bear was more competitive than this will be. In the first week 90% of the bets placed on McGregor with 90% of the money on Floyd. That's insane!! It tells a story though. Every believer put $10 down on the ultimate underdog and everybody with a brain that bets for a living put $10,000 down on the sure thing. It's basically just a better return than their savings accounts.

I'm still going to watch because it's a huge event. I'm also betting everything that I own. It's free money.

Has there ever been a sighting of Bigfoot chasing a unicorn though?

McGregor doesn't hit harder than any of the opponents that haven't knocked out Floyd. His punching power is slightly ahead of Floyd. His technique though is MILES behind those other guys with comparable power that couldn't hit him. If the best boxers in the world couldn't land those shots how will a guy that isn't a boxer?

This fight is an embarrassment. Jackie Moon vs. the bear was more competitive than this will be. In the first week 90% of the bets placed on McGregor with 90% of the money on Floyd. That's insane!! It tells a story though. Every believer put $10 down on the ultimate underdog and everybody with a brain that bets for a living put $10,000 down on the sure thing. It's basically just a better return than their savings accounts.

I'm still going to watch because it's a huge event. I'm also betting everything that I own. It's free money.

Do you get your money back when it ends in a no contest?

McGregor doesn't hit harder than any of the opponents that haven't knocked out Floyd.

Exactly. Who has Floyd fought that doesn't hit hard?

McGregor isn't even the best boxer in MMA. He shot for Nate Diaz's legs in their first fight cause he knew he was going to get KO'd if he kept it standing.

McGregor isn't even the best boxer in MMA. He shot for Nate Diaz's legs in their first fight cause he knew he was going to get KO'd if he kept it standing.

I thought it was because he was fighting at welterweight? Or am I remembering it wrong?

I thought it was because he was fighting at welterweight? Or am I remembering it wrong?

He fought at welterweight against a lightweight. Got rocked by pillowhands Diaz though and didn't like it.

The first fight was at 170 lbs because Dos Anjos got hurt like 2 weeks before the fight at 155 lbs.

There was no way Diaz could cut weight by then so they agreed to 170.

McGregor did say if there is a 3rd fight, it will be at 155 which is right where Diaz fights.

It was a desperate attempt to not get knocked out. McGregor's ground game is weak, Diaz is a black belt.

You're right, Conor didn't want to get knocked out so he basically put himself in position to get subbed...which he did.

He fought Diaz much better in the 2nd fight. He worked his front leg with leg kicks which is Diaz's weak spot. Then he rocked him about 3 times with his left.

McGregor has an excellent left hand but that's about it with his boxing. He gets hit way to often and doesn't work angles....he's a striker and not a boxer.

Conor moved up one weight class to fight Diaz. That's not a huge jump. If McGregor really has a chance against Floyd he should have made light work of Nick.

McGregor was already around 170 when Diaz agreed to fight on short notice so it wasn't really a jump.

I'm ordering it.

Will have friends come over, who will pitch in.

I am intrigued by the "what if" factor. You never know. McGregor could land one a la Buster Douglas.

The only thing I do NOT want is to see Mayweather run away from him all night. That's the only thing that will piss me off.

I don't consider this a boxing match. I consider it 100% entertainment, which is why I don't mind buying it.

In the late 70s, the 80s and 90s, I was an avid boxing fan. But once I convinced myself it was all rigged, I lost interest. If nothing else, maybe watching the undercard fights might rekindle my interest in a sport I once loved.

Me too but never will be interested in boxing again, MMA IS what I have always dreamed of as a kid and now that it's here I'm never going back.